FAVORITE SUPER POWER

Pages: 1
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
I would bet a ton of money (if I had any) that a topic similar to, if not exactly, like this already exists, but I couldn't find anything within the past few pages.

This is a discussion I have had man times with my friends, and there is always some sort of disagreement. I don't really understand from where the disagreement comes, since we're talking about something completely fantastical, but when guys talk, a lot of the conversations boil down to a simple pissing contest. Anyway, the question I'm curious about is...

If you could have any super power (predefined or completely imagined), what would it be and why?

I usually like to make the stipulation that you can't use it for personal gain (more or less can't use it to steal stuff), but that may stifle some of the "why" responses. Plus, what's the point of having a super power if you can't get at least SOMETHING out of it? Also, I have come up with 3 that I can't really fully decide upon, so you don't really have to limit yourself to the "favorite".

First, I would love be able to become invisible at will. There is so much you could do with this! You would easily become the best thief in the world, even if you have considerably less talent than someone that can't make themselves invisible. You could also (jokingly, but not really!) go into the girls locker-room anytime you wanted! The only downside that I can think of is that you may get cocky and forget that you still give off heat, making you vulnerable to infra-red sensors.

Second, I wouldn't mind having Wolverine's super fast regenerative abilities. You could go into the gym with a big bottle of protein pills and lift endlessly and completely freak out those around you as you get ridiculously huge in a matter of minutes! That, and take a bullet to the face and live to tell about it while still having a face. The two biggest downsides are outliving everyone you know and being hunted to be subject to experiments.

Finally (and probably my favorite), would be to have the ability to fly. I have always enjoyed the feeling of flying/falling. The weird thing is, I have a mild fear of heights. I think being able to control the fall would nullify that fear, knowing that there really is no danger of getting hurt in the fall. I also couldn't think f any downside other than the scientific experiment thing again.

Sorry if mine were overly boring or predictable, but that's what I've got. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
I think a person doing a lot of grunting and sweating would also out themselves pretty quickly if they were invisible, hth
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
author=mawk
I think a person doing a lot of grunting and sweating would also out themselves pretty quickly if they were invisible, hth

Hah! True, but I only meant to have one of these at a time. Having all three would be interesting, but kind of cluster fucky...
I'd like to slow time at any rate I want, at will. So much potential there.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
For me, it's the ability to jump super far/high and survive the impact. I'd be totally training at rock climbing if I had that power, and just hop anywhere.
Downside is that you could miss, land on someone, not beable to change your trajectory, and it'd probably be cold as hell.
Also rainy days? Stay inside.
Flight would be a lot of fun, but not very practical unfortunately (such as air getting colder the higher you go, and wind knocking you off balance).

Teleportation would be super handy, but kind of hard to make it work. I guess it would work by going to the location that I can visualise in my head, but what would happen if something has changed in that location that I don't know of, or what if there's a person currently standing on that exact spot?
If I could choose, it would be to have the power of light. When I say that, I mean just getting the general aspects of light put into your body, such as being able to move at the speed of light and generate it from your hands or something. To get a good example of why this would be an unstoppably good superpower, check out this:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Although, if you had this power you'd probably need to have some kind of super-durability for it to work at all.

Another one I always think about is the ability to control atmospheric pressure. There's something I always found cool about creating "pressure bubbles" around yourself or others. It would make a good lightshow at least.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Being able to do the bullet time from Matrix would be pretty handy.
Dudesoft
author=Pizza
If I could choose, it would be to have the power of light. When I say that, I mean just getting the general aspects of light put into your body, such as being able to move at the speed of light and generate it from your hands or something. To get a good example of why this would be an unstoppably good superpower, check out this:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Although, if you had this power you'd probably need to have some kind of super-durability for it to work at all.

Another one I always think about is the ability to control atmospheric pressure. There's something I always found cool about creating "pressure bubbles" around yourself or others. It would make a good lightshow at least.

Guy, you could totally bend light too so that it doesn't refract off you or whatever and render yourself invisible!
So many applications!
Not to mention never stubbing your toe on a midnight trip to the toilet.
author=Dudesoft
Guy, you could totally bend light too so that it doesn't refract off you or whatever and render yourself invisible!

This would most likely render you blind as well, but who am I to shatter dreams...

Invisibility would draw out the worst in us, I'm afraid. And that's part of what makes it so appealing.
Dudesoft
Clay Aiken is creepier now more than ever.
Pages: 1