NEED HELP GETTING AN EVENT TO "MOVE AWAY FROM PLAYER" (VX ACE)

Pages: 1
I am having a bit of a problem getting the "Move Away From Player" option in the Set Route of an event to apparently execute. If I handle it as a 'normal' event on the map, and have the player trigger it with an action button, then I can have 'this event' selected on the move route and it moves away from the player. However, what I am attempting to do is to have this event on the "overworld" map that is called via a skill. Once the skill is used, it triggers a Common Event Call "Presence Summon" (as shown below). It currently saves the variables correctly and will use the Set Event Location to set the event exactly where the player is. I would like it to move away from the player a few spaces after being set. So far, it will not move. I have changed settings on the event to have its priority Above, Same Level, Below; and none of them worked. I tried changing the passability, thinking perhaps it was unable to move once on the same tile as the party, but that did not work either. Has anyone else had a problem with getting the Move Route movements to work?

You could add a -/+1 to the Map X/Y variable so that it doesn't spawn exactly on the hero - which might be causing part of the issue. Try that. Also, make sure the Move Command is set to wait so that the command can actually happen. Or put a wait command after it...
I had thought about changing the variable +/- 1 on the X/Y to that effect, but what stopped me was the concern about having the event spawn and set on impassable terrain (mountain/water/etc). However, it appears my fears were unfounded, as I have deduced a solution! Using the +/- as you suggested also, I have conditional branches nested to cause the initial event set point to show up one tile BEHIND the direction the player is facing. It will be very unlikely that the player will have his/her back to a body of water/mountain, with the only exception I can foresee at the moment being if he/she has just disembarked from a boat. But I will likely just put an ifcheck in there if the terrain id is impassable, that it says something to the player and exits the event. I currently have it working so that between fadeout and removing/readding graphic of the event, it appears that the event starts offscreen, and walks towards the player's location. Thanks again for the interest and the help!
Pages: 1