RPGMAKER.NET NEEDS YOUR HELP (AGAIN)!

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Liberty it depends on which part of Australia you live in I think. As an Aussie myself I use them interchangeably with no confusion, or quips about age. But the sort I'm referring to has no zip, it's literally pulled over the head leaving more room on the front for the design or image without it being split down the middle. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of in regard to merchandise....and this conversation has veered all over the shop.

Still my original comment stands, you put Ara Fell on something I'm pretty likely to buy it, hoodie, pullover, parka or windcheater. :)

well I took the plunge and donated $3 per month. It may not seem like much but at the moment it is all I can afford. I hope it help cause I want to be able to give back some of what I have received here. I love this site and the people in it cause you are all so friendly and helpful. I also hope to be making games soon as I just recently got RPGXP Maker and am learning lots from here on how to work it. Thankz again for all that you people do here.
Thanks everyone for your passionate donations!

By the way, if you donated but didn't get the achievement, let me know. To my knowledge I've applied the Donor status to all of the RMN accounts that have donated, but if I missed you, send me a PM!
Lato
Infantry for life!
I would buy a shirt if it had one of our cool games on it. Are we gonna do ANY of these cool ideas?
As much as I love the idea of gam posters, even if you were to acquire the printer and blank shirts needed for tees, or quality paper and printer for posters, you would then need the voluntarism of several artists. And even after that, you'd still need enough people to buy stuff, which may not exist in our small community.
not to downplay the idea of rmn selling rmn tee's, but anyone can take an rmn image and have a specialty store apply it to a tee. obviously not everyone has access to that. but it's always an option if rmn never actually makes and sells tee's.
author=Link_2112
not to downplay the idea of rmn selling rmn tee's, but anyone can take an rmn image and have a specialty store apply it to a tee. obviously not everyone has access to that. but it's always an option if rmn never actually makes and sells tee's.
that's... pretty much all I was hoping to do. If I ever embarked on the path of selling Ts
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
Seriously, of all the weird (I mean that in a good way) things I have been a part of on the internet, RMN is the only one I would buy, and actually WEAR, a T-shirt sponsoring it! If there were a handful of different styles, I would certainly buy a few for about $15 a pop. Granted, to make it worth selling them, you would have to buy at least 100 shirts at a time to keep them cheap enough for the customer on the other end, which would mean you would need roughly that many people lined up to buy them. But I really do like the idea of T-shirts!

Also, I am kind of hurt that I was never offered date before! Not that I necessarily would have accepted... But it would have at least been nice to be offered one!
If we used the DevArt setup, they already have the mugs, puzzles, posters and whatnot built in. (Well, prints.)
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but if we could get an RMN account and convince a few artists to whip up posters (and give the rights to sell them to RMN), we could sell them via the DevArt page. (I think DevArt takes a cut of the price for doing the actual printing and what-not? But it would bring in a few more dollars.)

I think they also have coasters and magnets.

And I do recall the last Pixel Quilt, everyone involved gave their permission for it to be sold on such things, so that'd be one thing we could auto-add to the 'store'.

They might also have tee-shirts (I've seen them, but I think you need to have a membership account, maybe?)
author=Oblic
Seriously, of all the weird (I mean that in a good way) things I have been a part of on the internet, RMN is the only one I would buy, and actually WEAR, a T-shirt sponsoring it! If there were a handful of different styles, I would certainly buy a few for about $15 a pop. Granted, to make it worth selling them, you would have to buy at least 100 shirts at a time to keep them cheap enough for the customer on the other end, which would mean you would need roughly that many people lined up to buy them. But I really do like the idea of T-shirts!

Also, I am kind of hurt that I was never offered date before! Not that I necessarily would have accepted... But it would have at least been nice to be offered one!
If you check the original topic that holbert created (linked in the OP), a date was in fact offered then, as well. Not my fault you never took advantage of me!

I know nothing of DeviantArt
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
A store seems like a cool idea, but I'd approach it only with great caution. People saying "having this and this for sale would be awesome" does not necessarily mean people will buy them.
so how much is it gonna cost to get the number next to my makerscore symbol replaced with the letters "awk"

it's an aesthetic thing
Oblic
Once a member of RMN, always a member of RMN!
author=Solitayre
A store seems like a cool idea, but I'd approach it only with great caution. People saying "having this and this for sale would be awesome" does not necessarily mean people will buy them.

Agreed. Like I said, the investment would be (relatively) enormous. The fear is that a few would sell and then the other 90 would sit in kentona's attic, waiting to be purchased.

Hmmm... do you think a small Kickstarter campaign would help? Not trying to go overboard, but I'm just tossing ideas out there.
kickstarter is explicitly for launching projects and providing that initial investment. if you don't have a product that you are going to use the funding to create, you aren't allowed to fund through Kickstarter.

indiegogo is more lax with its policies, but tends to be less lucrative. I doubt a campaign with as little flash to it as trying to pay server costs for an amateur game development website would drum up a very enthusiastic response, at any rate.

I don't think either of these would be a credible source of funding. if you want to have reward tiers, suggest some and let the staff work it out themselves. we don't have the scope that necessitates a service like kickstarter, unless you're expecting people who don't even post on this forum to get excited and contribute.
...I smell a business opportunity...

*registers kickmaintainer.com domain.
"Crowdsource finance the upkeep of existing products and services!"
hey kickmaintainer please pay my rent this month xoxo mawk

e: if you pay me enough I will shout your name while chasing ducks hahaha i am so goddamned wacky
also services like kickstarter take a percentage of the funding so, like, why would you even suggest it unless you're looking at a goal of ten thousand dollars and expecting backers from all corners of the internet

p.s. I wasn't kidding about the
awk thing, I will pay in actual doubloons to make this happen
that value is is of type unsigned integer - it cannot be done.