RPGMAKER.NET NEEDS YOUR HELP (AGAIN)!

author=nesfreak64
Hey, I'm just curious (this thread hasn't been posted in in a while, but I thought I might ask...)

I've been donating $10 a month for...2 or 3 years now I think, Paypal says 2011 is when I started. Is the address the same still or should I resubscribe? Either way, I'd like to keep donating, this place is still one of my favorites, and the only one really still actively hosting indie game projects.

I would assume it's the same. Kentona would tell us if he changed it.
I am sure there are other sites that host indie game projects (Newgrounds comes to mind) but we appreciate the support all the same! The donation email hasn't changed - it's still paypal@rpgmaker.net

Thanks for your generosity!
author=kentona
I am sure there are other sites that host indie game projects (Newgrounds comes to mind) but we appreciate the support all the same! The donation email hasn't changed - it's still paypal@rpgmaker.net

Thanks for your generosity!

Haha, yeah you're right about the indie game site thing, though I was mainly referring to RPG maker games, among others hosted here. Newgrounds is all Flash games and stuff, this is almost like a Deviantart (without the drama and stuff attached to it) for games from people from all walks of life. Either way, I hope this site is around for years to come! There's stuff here that'll keep anyone busy for an eternity.

And yeah, it's paypal@rpgmaker.net. I wanted to be sure though. Either way, thanks for being here!
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Since I came across this thread by accident for a little info on something else, I was curious how the funds are doing.
I would hate for this site to end up on the junk heap :( don't know what I would do with my time if that happened :(

SO? Are we able to pay our bills, or is kentona going to start another telethon for server time?? :)
We should be fine for the moment, but if you want to donate to the site I'm sure that kentona won't mind one bit~ ;p
Linkis
hhhmmmmm are we talking 8, 16, 32 or 64?? :)

Ready with my PayPal account when kentona pulls out his empty pockets again :)
Gotta keep this place up and running....where else can we find the quality of games like we have here considering I hate 3D games.
I'm waiting for Links game to be done so I can save Zelda again :)
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I'm with Linkis.
Are there other methods of donating? Like visa and etc. PayPal isn't exactly convenient for some countries.
We don't have a Moneris account or anything like that, so we can't accept credit card. HOWEVER, you could buy something from our store if you wanted, and we get to keep a cut of the sale, and the store takes all kinds of payment types.

But saying that, we're doing pretty good right now! Better than ever, actually (hence my big Review Jam with 9 games to give away! And if you remember last summer's giveaway contest too).

Every little bit helps, but we aren't in dire straits at the moment.
Linkis
HOT DAMN, I can buy my cat some treats since I don't have to donate today :)hehe

Glad rmn is doing ok for the time being. Again, would hate to have anything happen and could not talk to my pals here :)
No updates in a few months. How are the RMN coffers currently?
author=Jude
No updates in a few months. How are the RMN coffers currently?

Our recurring donations are at $141 a month (server cost is $149 a month) and we have enough balance to pay for ~5 months if we didn't get a single donation past today. If we hold at $141 a month we would have enough to run the site for ~8 years.

Of course, if we noticed that donations were trending downwards we would take action to adjust our costs (and may do so anyway...I would like to pay less per month and get more servers...but migrations are not fun!).

EDIT: I forgot our other costs. $140 a year for the Development server and $140 a year for the backup server. I guess that would make it go down to only ~2 years.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I had five dollars in my Paypal, so I gave it to RMN.
honestly I don't think the right mindset would be "let's wait until RMN almost disappears so I can donate" xD but hey, let's just use the RMN store, shall we ;w;
also, I wish I could help, but I've been trying to make a credit card for 2 years, for some reason I can't. Dx
But now that I've changed jobs it'll prob be easier!
the paypal for the store also has $231 (but I use those funds to buy games for raffles!) But in a pinch I can always transfer that.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I'll donate a buttload in the future when I set my online banking stuff up again.

Linkis
honestly I don't think the right mindset would be "let's wait until RMN almost disappears so I can donate"

That's correct but, if God has several thousand gold in reserve, should we be throwing gildmarks at a site that is overly wealthy??

Honestly, I would really be upset if I lost RMN.
Maybe just a little note from God#2 like "we are getting poor, please throw any extra lunch money our way" would let us know RMN needs a little help so the bosses don't begin sweating the next server payment :)
Pulits
Jack Daniel's Evangelist
Just made a donation!
I've made a donation of 5 US dollurz.

Feel pretty good right now.