CAN'T GET CUSTOM SKILL TO HIT.

Pages: 1
The skill just won't hit. Its so frustrating.
Here are the screenshots, skill, enemy and character class in that order.

Well there are a few issues I see. The first being that the character has no "Hit" state rate, which means it will default to the normal amount (usually 90%). Furthermore, physical hits means that evasion comes into play. Which leads me to number two, we can't see the features list from the screenshots...so I can't tell how much evasion the enemy has.

I'm going to assume that you want your skill to be physical, even though it seems like it would be a magical attack. However, that means evasion will play a role in the hit determination. Also, if you have any scripts which play with evasion/hit rates, they could be affecting the outcome as well.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
What Mako said.

Also, not sure if you missed my post in your other topic about this skill, but here's how you would make it apply Burn 100% of the time if the character has the Rage status (if you want to make it part of the skill's damage formula instead of using state rates):

a.state?(id of rage)?c=100:c=20;if rand(100)<c;b.add_state(id of burn);end;a.atk*5-b.def
Thanks guys.
Initially I learned XP and made a short rpg in it too but VX Ace database is just completely unfamiliar territory.

I shall look for a VX Ace database tutorial soon.
Pages: 1