[POLL] POWER RANGERS

Poll

Would anyone like to play a power ranger RPG game? - Results

Yes
62%
No
37%

Pages: 1
I was thinking about making a power ranger rpg game that follows the zordon arc story line. From the orginal power rangers to power rangers in space. What do you guys think?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
I never saw the Power Rangers that far. I kind of grew up... I guess? But a game of the first three seasons would be pretty neat.

Oh, oh, and the first Movie! ...White Ranger FTW! o/

Edit: I was the 'outcast' of my group of 'friends' so they always made me play the evil Green Ranger at first. But then I became the awesome White Ranger and everybody was jealous of me! That kinda gave me reassurance as a kid... Sad. I know. (But suck it, losers! xD)
I... might have pretended to be Power Rangers during primary school. I also might have been made to be either Billy or Yellow Ranger, depending on who was at school that day. I might also have been a big fan of the Black Ranger.
My favorite was the original black ranger :p he made me like the color black, lol. It's just that the sprites will take a lot of time to make. The movement of every sprite, lol. I'm a one man team but if you guys would like to see one I would do my best to make it happen.
Lol what's with the recent nostalgia of Power Rangers? Have seen a number of people getting nostalgic with them lately, including myself...

Anyway, anything that involves Power Rangers is a great idea. I even once dreamed of making a Power Rangers RPG ~ ~
Come on lets make that dream come to reality together!!! :D
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I would so play that. If you need any help with writing, coding, eventing or testing, hit me up.
author=Trihan
I would so play that. If you need any help with writing, coding, eventing or testing, hit me up.

That would be awesome! I would love to work together. Everyone here has there own skills. I'm not bad when it comes to spriting but coding does kill me, lol.
Trihan
Which maker would you be using for it?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'll admit, when I was very young I had some sort of fondness of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, though that interest quickly passed as I grew.

The main thing you need to ask yourself is this: how can I take this series and transform it into an enjoyable RPG that isn't just dungeon-boss-dungeon-boss-dungeon-boss-finale while implementing the traditional RPG conventions in a way that makes it believable within the setting. From what little I remember about the show from roughly 18 years ago, they just sat around waiting for aliens to come in and try to destroy the city. They'd then leap into action and fight off the grunts and only call on their Zords while going up against some of the bigger ones.

Also, give us access to the Dino Megazord. Thanks.
Mighty Morphin up 'til Time Force for me, lol..after that though, I lost interest completely. :p Power Rangers game might be fun though. :)

And, yeah like Corfaisus said, give us the megazord~ ;3
The only thing I ever liked about the Power Rangers was the intro theme, lol.
Man, I loved that as a kid. Sadly, I remember very little of it.
author=Trihan
Which maker would you be using for it?

Thats a good question Trihan but I would probably have to go with VX, what do you think?

author=Arandomgamemaker
It better have giant robots.

It wouldn't be power rangers if it didnt have the zords :p
author=Corfaisus
I'll admit, when I was very young I had some sort of fondness of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, though that interest quickly passed as I grew.

The main thing you need to ask yourself is this: how can I take this series and transform it into an enjoyable RPG that isn't just dungeon-boss-dungeon-boss-dungeon-boss-finale while implementing the traditional RPG conventions in a way that makes it believable within the setting. From what little I remember about the show from roughly 18 years ago, they just sat around waiting for aliens to come in and try to destroy the city. They'd then leap into action and fight off the grunts and only call on their Zords while going up against some of the bigger ones.

Also, give us access to the Dino Megazord. Thanks.

I was thinking of allowing the player to choose when to morph into a ranger. I've worked with a demo game I've made in the past and it was pretty interesting. The zords it will only have to be available when the enemies grow and allow the players to upgrade there zords sorta like in xenogears/saga. Now the question is how will the game play like you said. If you ever played super heroes operation for psx I think that might be the way to go or look at dragon ball z buu's fury. It followed the story but it added things not related to the story. I don't think this game will be dungeon-boss. More like side-quest/mission that have dungeons and story line following the TV show. Idk if I do this I can't kill the name of power rangers, lol. But 9 people say no and 9 people say yes. Its 50/50! :o
Trihan
VX or VX Ace would be good.
I've seen power rangers in late 90's and early 00's, no idea about different arcs or such. But sure, why not. Green and White ranger ring a bell so it was probably the same you guys are talking about.
I drew zack and billy, what do you guys think?

RPG MAKER VX ACE! :D
Wow, I haven't seen that show since I was like, 3 or 4 (maybe 5, I have no idea). By all means, go for it!
Pages: 1