RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

author=Feldschlacht IV
Greetings from deployment. The Middle East is really hot, guys.

Anyway, have any of you considered making the game rating system reminiscient of how magazines and other journalistic places do it?
I would LOVE to be paid by publishers to give fixed and favorable scores! yes! I WANT THIS. $$$$$

...except I am not too keen on the part where they will withhold giving us early access to their games if we give a less than favorable score to one of their games.

EDIT:
I would need you to elaborate, because I am not sure what you are getting at.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Besides having game of the year,
how about having Thread of the Year,
Article of the Year, Review of the Year,
Video of the Year, Picture of the Year.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=kory_toombs
Besides having game of the year,
how about having Thread of the Year,
Article of the Year, Review of the Year,
Video of the Year, Picture of the Year.

Perhaps somebody could write a RMN yearlong recap as well.
Is it possible to block ignored users from showing up in the Latest Posts section?

Is it possible to have more control over the Latest Posts section in general? I feel like I brought this up before but I don't remember hearing anybody confirm/deny any of it.
edchuy
It would be nice if in the game list summaries, the main developer(s) are shown for each game listed.
So, I've been slacking for the past few weeks in regards to RMN, but I'm going to start working on some of this stuff soon. The first thing I'm probably going to do is upgrade Django to at least the latest release of the 1.3 trunk. This will probably involve a few minutes of downtime, and I might do it as soon as this weekend. Then I'll start tackling some of the bug fixes (e.g. ignored users shouldn't appear in your latests posts) and then some of the other more requested things (or the quick/easy things...).
RMN Forum search would be so awesome :<
edchuy
For polls, make it possible to add options as possible answers. Currently, once you create the people, the options are set in stone.
Let me rearrange the order of the images in my game profiles
author=edchuy
For polls, make it possible to add options as possible answers. Currently, once you create the people, the options are set in stone.
YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE.
Can we have check box polls? Where you can choose multiple options? Those would be handy~ ^.^

meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
I recently played "Pom Gets Wi-Fi" and I wander why the name is tagged as a RPG, this game only use 1 feature from JRPG games and it's the turn base battle system.

I think there should be some minimal requirement for a game to be called RPG, adventure or whatever. I really don't like to search for a RPG game and end up finding an adventure game, I think The tags are there to make the search easier
edchuy
A new member suggested adding a Playlist so that you can keep tracks of games you want to play.
author=edchuy
A new member suggested adding a Playlist so that you can keep tracks of games you want to play.
yes, playlists are coming.
edchuy
author=kentona
yes, playlists are coming.

Great to hear!
Hello lasses and gents. I only have one request and that would be an ESRB filter. We've known for a long time RMN isn't 100% kid friendly. However,I'd hate to see laws put in place that deny good rpg-maker games just because those games have mature rated content.

The ability given to allow makers to apply a rating to their own content would create a security filter that restricts people of certain age groups from being able to see said material.

I think this would help us protect younger viewers while at the same time allowing people to be mostly free with their expression. Anyway,you know the standard!

Ratings

T=for teen

E=for everyone

M= mature rated content.
edchuy
It just occurred to me that it'd be nice to be able to save Drafts of PMs and Posts to finish later. In the meantime, I guess I can always save things locally in a .txt file or compose a PM to myself, but that seems so 80-90ish.
author=edchuy
It just occurred to me that it'd be nice to be able to save Drafts of PMs and Posts to finish later. In the meantime, I guess I can always save things locally in a .txt file or compose a PM to myself, but that seems so 80-90ish.

And drafts for threads. The amount of times I've started a thread and left the tab open while doing something else/waiting for information/researching something/etc and then accidentally closed it when I got back because I'm an idiot is too damn high.
Perhaps a length tag for games? I don't ever find myself wanting to play huge ass RM games, so it'd be way more efficient if I could deliberately search for short projects in specific.