RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=Pizza
Perhaps a length tag for games? I don't ever find myself wanting to play huge ass RM games, so it'd be way more efficient if I could deliberately search for short projects in specific.

I kind of agree with Pizza on this one. Some of the older games have developers who don't frequent RMN anymore and don't have anywhere within their gamepage what playtime can be expected. I propose anything over 20 hrs. be considered EPIC.
I like BrokenH’s idea of adding a “rating system” for games to distinguish whether a game is suitable enough for all ages. I also wouldn’t mind something – especially for me and my stuff – if a game is a single player game or a multiplayer game or both.

author=Pizza
Perhaps a length tag for games? I don't ever find myself wanting to play huge ass RM games, so it'd be way more efficient if I could deliberately search for short projects in specific.

That’s fine, but what happens if a game takes around an hour to finish but its replayability could extend even longer than that, like 10 hours+ after finishing the main game. I suppose it’s probably fine the way it is, as replayability usually doesn’t count towards the overall length considering how it’s the player's own choice whether they want to continue after finishing the main game.
edchuy
Maybe then, there ought to be some sort of tags related to replay value then ...
Well, replay value and the such is often up the player, so there obviously wouldn't be a way to qualify that.
edchuy
author=Pizza
Well, replay value and the such is often up the player, so there obviously wouldn't be a way to qualify that.

I do agree with you on that one, for most cases. What I probably meant is that some games have been designed to have + versions (Vacant Sky comes to mind), multiple endings (Pom Gets Wi-Fi has them) or enough early customizations (games that allow you to choose your race/class/difficulty at the beginning), that have replay value built into them by design. As such, some sort of tag describing this FACT ought to be considered to help guide potential gameplayers, since some of them might actually be looking for or trying to avoid this.
Just a head's up, I found another page that I can't access to: http://rpgmaker.net/games/69/

I was gonna check it out and see if it's playlist addy
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Just a head's up, I found another page that I can't access to: http://rpgmaker.net/games/69/

I was gonna check it out and see if it's playlist addy

Ok, this should be fixed. Had to do with users who had special characters in their names and addition kenton made to the user drop down menu that was causing the issue.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
can we possibly get some daylight savings time up in this bitch
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
You can already adjust that yourself in settings I believe.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's not in the time zone options.
Just change your timezone to make the time correct.
LockeZ
author=kentona
What is this "daylight savings time" you speak of?

It's a thing we do here down in the tropics of Missouri. I can't blame you for being unfamiliar with it, since I know you live so far north that if you adhered to daylight savings time it would get dark before lunch.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Add a section to event notices that allows you to attach a description. Basically, so I know what got updated. Maybe just a textbox that goes along with the notices?
edchuy
I don't know if anybody has suggested this, but it would be nice to have a RMN app to facilitate things, especially from smartphones. Probably the order of platforms it would be developed for should come from a poll, to see what devices people would be most likely to use for accessing the content.
author=edchuy
I don't know if anybody has suggested this, but it would be nice to have a RMN app to facilitate things, especially from smartphones. Probably the order of platforms it would be developed for should come from a poll, to see what devices people would be most likely to use for accessing the content.

It a good idea. You just need one thing... A App developer? Do you guys have one on-board?

I wish that RMN would give out free pizza and ice cream coupons.

Because that would be awesome.
LockeZ
Having the notices drop down, along with a button to mark them all as read, is awesome.

If that button actually let me stay on my current page, instead of redirecting me to the list of now-already-read notices, it would be even more awesome. Just a minor thing, though.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I propose that we do away with a public view of any gamepage's download count, leaving this information only readily accessible to the developer (unless you want to make a blog saying "10k downloads"), and remove the search options that pertain to it (do we even need a "Total Downloads Reversed"?).
I am pretty sure I already explained the last time this came up that no, I am not getting rid of a download count. I am taking advantage of a quirk of human psychology here and having a download count actually encourages people to download a game.

Plus there's my general philosophy of "more info == more better".