RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

Just a head's up! I just realized that the resources section of RMN doesn't have/isolate specific author-only search submissions or viewable in profile. You can do it with scripts/utilities but not with resources or audio 'w')b

The other thing too is that, what if it's a collaborative effort? It'd be nice to give makerscore to the other person too ;w;

Is there also an easier way to edit old resource submissions? I forgot to put in Terms of use to an older work and I sifted through pages of my submissions ;w;)b

I have submitted some but then I realized this problem <:3c
I would love to submit more resources but yeah ;w;
this post is entitled "The Hurt Locker":

*Locker sorting after performing search/searching after sorting (ie -persistent search results and filtering?).
*Locker thumbnail view compatible with search and sorting.
*Locker Private button that works first time.
*Locker "Upload as private" tick box option.
*Locker display as many results on a single page as desired (10, 50, 100, all optionf for instance)
* Mark many things in locker as private and update in one go (like deletion currently works)
* Multi-selection uploading.

dun h8
Search bar for personal Posts please~ It's annoying having to scroll through each and every post you ever made to find that one post you made ages ago. And looking for keywords in the search bar is pretty hit and miss, even when adding member name in. >.<; Being able to do a search through just your own posts for keywords would be great~

Also, anky, would it at all be possible to make it so that when adding effects to highlighted text, the highlight doesn't disappear? Like, say I want to change colour, size, enbolden and add a hyperlink to a piece of text I have to currently highlight the same text between each step.

I know, I'm terribly spoilt thanks to rmw, but it is a handy feature and if you could find a way to work it, it'd be really swell~.

Oh, another idea - shareable topics. A bit like the game pages - say, you can allow others who are indicated by the 'topic starter' to edit the OP as well as yourself. If possible it'd be neat.
Um... one thing that I'd really, really like (apart from the above, of course ;p ) and would be very helpful is one of those shortcut bars on the event set-up page. I know, I'm so demanding, but it'd help a hell of a lot when it comes time to type up all the information. ^.^
I assumed that everyone just manually typed in
bbc code

directly

when they
wrote
their posts?

Or is that just me?
That's just you~ XP

Currently there's no choice but to do so when it comes to event pages, though. Which is okay if you remember the bbc code for something but... well, it does save a lot of time. And time is gam mak.

Also, do we have mp3 imbed codes? And what about videos that aren't from youtube? I've tried a catch-all media code before but that didn't work.

[mp3=urlToMp3File]Description[/mp3]

We have no other video codes (yet). I was looking at Dailymotion. Any others?

We do have a Soundcloud code, but I can never remember how it works.
Shhhh~
You're ruining the gam mak~ ;p

Oh neat! Thanks~
Yeah, dailymotion was one. I think Vimeo was another I was looking at. I'll double check tomorrow since my brain is fizzing out. >.<;
Slight possible request from someone who uses a PS3/shitty laptop to browse forums/games before shipping them to his Dropbox:

The ability to navigate images within a game simply using the arrow keys would be phenomenal. Just using the left arrow to go to the previous image and the right arrow to go to the next image would speed up dealing with clunky control systems so much.
Search Bar! Seriously! I'm trying to find a specific game right now & typing it in a search bar (for this site, not for stupid google) would help tremendously!
Put notices back to the way they were before >:|
author=NewBlack

What's wrong with notices?
I'd really like to see who the subbers are for my games. I know this could potentially be seen as a bit of a privacy concern, but I don't see why it would bother too many people.

Sometimes I read comments on my games and click on the commenter info to see what games they've made, out of curiosity. It's the same kind of thing with subscribers.

And to take it one step further, if you could see what other games those subbers have subscribed to, it's a good way to find other games you might be interested in, as there's a good chance there could be some similar to your own.
author=ankylo
author=NewBlack
-Clicking 'new post' to visit the post listed in the notice drop down doesn't mark it as read.
-Clicking the yellow ! icon with the green checkmark brings the page to the top, but doesn't reload. Not a big deal but why does this happen?
-Clicking 'mark all as read' brings to top and reloads the page. Why do all clicks in that section directly affect the current page
-I randomly get double notices. I know that sometimes there are double subs, but it's not every post that I get doubled. Although I suspect that my sub to RPG 20xx Engine is a double. I often get double notice from new blogs, but not further posts on that blog.
-I've gotten notices on things I disabled. The only thing I've disabled is posts on the Game Chill event.
-There have been times where I click Notices to go the big list, and there were inconsistencies in the bolding. Which indicates which notices I've already read.

I actually forget the way it used to be before. I have no problem with the way it is now, but it does feel kinda buggy at times. None of them are "game breaking" so it doesn't really bother me.

I would also like to see who subbed to my game, but I don't care to see all their subs.
I've also gone through the Notices page just to get rid of older notices that I have no intention of reading, only to have them pop up again (and me think they're new ones only to be taken back about 4 pages - usually with events and/or threads I've subscribed to). This also happens with the Mark all as Read sometimes.

It is still a tad buggy.
author=Link_2112
author=ankylo
author=NewBlack
-Clicking 'new post' to visit the post listed in the notice drop down doesn't mark it as read.
-Clicking the yellow ! icon with the green checkmark brings the page to the top, but doesn't reload. Not a big deal but why does this happen?
-Clicking 'mark all as read' brings to top and reloads the page. Why do all clicks in that section directly affect the current page
-I randomly get double notices. I know that sometimes there are double subs, but it's not every post that I get doubled. Although I suspect that my sub to RPG 20xx Engine is a double. I often get double notice from new blogs, but not further posts on that blog.
-I've gotten notices on things I disabled. The only thing I've disabled is posts on the Game Chill event.
-There have been times where I click Notices to go the big list, and there were inconsistencies in the bolding. Which indicates which notices I've already read.

I actually forget the way it used to be before. I have no problem with the way it is now, but it does feel kinda buggy at times. None of them are "game breaking" so it doesn't really bother me.

I would also like to see who subbed to my game, but I don't care to see all their subs.

You're getting double notices for RPG 20XX because you are subscribed to it and also listed as a tester.

I'm working on the other stuff (notices stuff that is).

Not sure how I feel about letting game authors see subs. Maybe it can be opt-in for the subscribers?
Could we get a search for PMs and personal posts please? I have so much trouble finding certain PMs and posts I've made that I need to find again for whatever reason... it's pretty ridiculous. >.<;
author=ankylo
author=Link_2112
author=ankylo
author=NewBlack

You're getting double notices for RPG 20XX because you are subscribed to it and also listed as a tester.

I'm working on the other stuff (notices stuff that is).

Not sure how I feel about letting game authors see subs. Maybe it can be opt-in for the subscribers?
Subbing is for the benefit of the subscribers, not the developer. If subs want to reveal who they are, they are free to make a post about it.

Is that a bug or is that the way it will be?

I have 2 notices flashing, but there are actually 3 notices in the drop down.