RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

author=ankylo
Then don't hide stuff like lists, tables, videos, and the like!

But... how am I supposed to rick-roll people now?

author=ankylo
I'll take a look at the hide tag to see if it can be improved. I did try to implement Chaos' suggestion but wasn't able to get it to work consistently.

Yeah, that idea is actually pretty good. Though I'm wondering how that'll work.

Good luck, ankylo!
Sorry. Double post.
author=ankylo

DO IT FOR THE VINE

DO IT FOR THE VINE

DO IT FOR THE VINE

Sick, man. Thanks.
now do Dailymotion and Vimeo
author=kentona
now do Dailymotion and Vimeo

As long as there is an option to start with audio off, sure!
I'd like to suggest a mobile version of the site*. One that is optimised for mobile phones and tablets. I was wondering if this is possible or not at the moment.

Thank you!

*as is discussed (somehow) overhere...
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
what is this website going to offer in the future to keep devs here? i really enjoy the blog feature, but there are just better outlets for your projects: tumblr, twitter, tigsource etc.

like, i try to stick around because of the history with rm, but yea. i would be interested in some kind of premium you could pay for a more personalized page for your game.

just a general question if this kind of thing is on your radar.

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I can't speak to tigsource or Tumblr, but Twitter is 140 characters, I'd be hard pressed to see how you can compare that as a better outlet to a site that allows you to host your game, with 'blogs, images, media, feedback and comments. Twitter could, and has, been used to point potential players to the RMN pages, and as a marketing tool it's not a bad one, but it's not designed as a project platform.

IMO if RMN goes the way of paid vs non-paid memberships then that would be the death knell, this place is a non-exclusive, non-elitist community and all the better for it. I don't believe you'd need to pay to get additional features added to a game page, just request them to see if they are feasible.

I have in the past thrown some money at the server fund, not to get a better game-page as I'm at the player end of the spectrum, just so that this place can be healthy and viable. If the changes you would like to see require an outlay of funds to implement and therefore increase for a while the financial requirements of the site, I and I'm sure may others would be happy to top up the reserves to allow those features to be implemented for the benefit of all.
TFT
working on a commercial project called octopus city blues, got big signal boost from major game devs through twitter. not trying to be that guy, but yeah it's kind of a big deal(in terms of promo). several other devs getting big boost through twitter. i think you're undermining the ability to communicate with people outside of rm.

i understand those concerns, but like i said i would like to see if there are any plans to attract/keep people because i have seen a lot of good devs split which is a shame. won't discuss reasons/make list because thats immature/doesn't add anything to the topic.

wasn't trying to make premium a focus point(just incentive to put money into website), been trying to think of ways to bring up this topic for a while now. i told WIP i would chill here until he lost his virginity, but...

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Oh I have no problem with Twitter being used to create buzz, that is one of its charms and selling points (figuratively), and indeed I have and continue to use it myself for that function in my work sphere. However describing a game in 140 characters is well nigh impossible. Tweaking the interest of the larger public, creating a mystique, piquing curiosity, spawning intrigue, all of those are possible and used daily via twitter. There is no reason at all why indie game developers can't or shouldn't use it for that purpose. But to showcase a game you need somewhere to host and display it in it's glory. That's the RMN side of the equation. Well RMN or RMW or other game hosting sites that is, RMN isn't Robinson Crusoe here.

Anything that helps the site into the future it to be supported, I really am interested in what you believe could be added though.
I don't see what tigsource has over what we offer (in terms of features, they are a more general and well known indie dev site so they have the exposure thing going for them). In fact, I find it pretty hard to follow their devlogs. Need to sift through so many forum posts to find everything...

What would you like to see?
TFT
was interested in seeing maybe twitter feed put into gamepages somewhere to bridge the gap between fans. lot of people i know dont have twitter and thats cool, and i do not want to really make trivial updates through blog updates(think its retarded)

i hate twitter, but it became mandatory when you work on games.

there are other things i'd like to see, but i think that is more reserved for just creating webpage for vidcon.

What, like the already-available share links that are on every part of a game page, which cover twitter, facebook, tumblr and a host of other share sites?
TFT
yeah, well i mean something under the 4 screenshots that would show maybe recent tweets. i see share links, and they do pretty much nothing. i meant something where people can check the page and see whats happening outside of rmn without having to actually check twitter.

it's just something i would personally like to see. probably explained that badly. if that's a feature already, great. sorry for the useless post for suggesting.

not that big of a deal.

ps: be cool to see the rmn twitter updated. maybe have a reason to follow it.
rpgmaker.net @rpgmaker · Mar 5

carry on, rmn.
You mean a live feed type thing on a game page? Hm, while it might work for twitter (which is a fast-paced site), it probably wouldn't do that well for other sites like FB or tumblr. Of course, it might not be viable at all (that's up to anky to say).

So, something like the five latest tweets (sort of like status' on the Community page) aimed at that 'tag'? Are there enough games with twitter accounts that would warrant it, though, and what in the case of more than one game? How would it tie to both games and personal accounts? How would this be set up, exactly? You'd have a twitter account and 'tag' a game, but how would RMN identify the game in question? Each game would have to have their own unique identifier (well, they can do at the moment but how would it check through twitter for that tag?) ...I'm getting myself confused. >.<;

Though, I could see it being interesting having tweets show up on image pages - share an image on twitter, have replies appear on the page for that image. Might be a bit too much though. IDK.
Like this?

Certainly can be done!

What else? Don't be afraid to tell us all of your ideas, we might not be able to implement them all, but that doesn't mean we won't consider it!
Actually, ankylo, that would be pretty awesome if you could do that. I don’t even use Twitter, but I might if RMN started implementing something like this for gamepages.

Yeah, that would look pretty slick...

author=ankylo
What else?

A giant ham and turkey sandwich on rye bread. Hold the mayo.
But... how would that work if you had 30 different gameprofiles? Make a twitter for each one? Or does that Twitter widget have the ability to filter and only post tweets with certain hashtags? #herosrealm
I would definitely use the Twitter feed. It has the feel of a blog, but it's not cluttering RMN. Also it's a pretty good stream of thought while developing tool. Which is possible with posts on RMN but pretty unwieldy.

I could see it being used for purposes I'd enjoy. Yes.

@kentona I've seen feeds that filter based on @. I hope it can filter hastags. A twitter for each game would be overkill!

Edit: I've actually seen widgets filter based on hashtags too. So it seems likely.
author=kentona
But... how would that work if you had 30 different gameprofiles? Make a twitter for each one? Or does that Twitter widget have the ability to filter and only post tweets with certain hashtags? #herosrealm
That's what was tripping me up, since I know a lot of people have more than one game. XD

I've no idea. >.<;