RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

author=kentona
But... how would that work if you had 30 different gameprofiles? Make a twitter for each one? Or does that Twitter widget have the ability to filter and only post tweets with certain hashtags? #herosrealm

There are a few ways to do it. One would be to let users specify the embed code (you can create embed widgets from your twitter account). This could be a specific timeline or a hashtag search widget. This would probably be the easiest way to implement the feature.

Embedded Timelines

The other way would be to use the Twitter API.
Anky, seriously, you rock dude.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty

Ditto that sentiment. Seriously do you ever sleep Ankylo?
author=Liberty
kentona, you know what you must do! Tagline it~ ;p
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
author=ankylo
Like this?

Certainly can be done!

What else? Don't be afraid to tell us all of your ideas, we might not be able to implement them all, but that doesn't mean we won't consider it!

yeah, this is good. would like to see an ability to hide blog posts on rmn as well(not sure if this is a thing) so i can write stuff and come back to it later.

but something like what you posted would make me very happy in allowing people to stay connected without having to be on rmn 24/7 and spam the website with really shitty blog posts(ate pinecone+added chipset)

rmn community can click the gamepage and see whats going on without having to travel to several sites because of devs preference.
Oh God, a draft feature would be killer.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I would seriously love to see customization for widgets on game pages and maybe even for registered user being able to set the front page to how they want. (I realize that later would be a pain to implement and take a lot of time, so definitely a v5 or even v6 feature).
Hm... I know the resource section of the site is still a bit in turmoil when it comes to links, but I figured I'd point this little thing out - there's no link on profile pages to people's resources, unlike with scripts and tutorials and the like.

So... that would be nice to add when the time comes~ ^.^
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
preview css for game page? can this please be a thing? it's driving me bonkers.

ps: just used the twitter embed. good stuff, bro.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I hope this is the right place to suggest this, but would it be possible to extend the list of Latest Posts? As of now, it can show up to 13 pages worth of posts, and especially when Mafia games etc. are going on, that is not enough to cover even one day. Maybe you could make it show 20 or so pages instead? That would help a lot already. Thanks.
It used to be enough, back when we'd get like 10 posts a day...
I'd apologise but we're having too much fun. ^.^;
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Why on earth would you apologise for having fun with your Mafia games? I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I only hoped that, instead of complaining or telling people to stop using the Welp forum, a more practical solution could be to simply extend the Latest Posts list. That way everyone would be content and there would be no more pointless arguing about so-called "Mafia spam" etc.

From 10 posts a day to 10 posts in 10 minutes; It is a natural evolution. Let's go with the times.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
div.blog_post {

max-height: 200px !important;
overflow: hidden !important;
}

I wanted to use the above on my game profile to abbreviate blogs on the summary page like this, but doing this will also limit the height on the actual blog post.

Can we get something like div.blog_post_preview to differentiate the front-page blogs from... actual blogs?
The blog posts on the front page, blog posts page, and the blog page itself aren't nested in the same location in the tree and you can use an appropriate CSS selector to target them based on their tree location like so:

/* Set maximum size for blogs */
/* Front page */
div.left_column div.contents div.blog_post div.message {
	max-height: 250px;
	overflow-y: auto;
}
/* Blog page */
div.contents div.even div.blog_post div.message, div.contents div.odd div.blog_post div.message {
	max-height: 400px;
	overflow-y: auto;
}

It isn't ideal but it works. No demo though, the gameprofile it's on isn't available.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Worked like a charm; that's exactly what I needed.

I do recommend setting
overflow-y: hidden;
for the front page variant, though, so that you don't have to worry about writing CSS for your scroll bars.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
A topic was made, but I'll post my idea about it here for good measure. Change the gender drop down bar to a simple text box. I don't think switching the default options to a string in the possible conversion would be that hard, would it?