RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

I really like that idea, specially if it were to replace statuses altogether (because seriously, some statuses are really asinine. Who cares if you stubbed your toe or w/e?!!). I've seen it applied in other forums and I think it satisfies people's social media "needs" well enough.
Please lessen gamepage requirements to 400 characters :(
500 characters were surprisingly hard to fill.
Can you add a simple counter for how may achievements we have? It's kind of a pain to have to manually count them. Seems like a simple fix.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Please lessen gamepage requirements to 400 characters :(
500 characters were surprisingly hard to fill.

I've been considering changing this to a "needed for you game to appear in the queue, but not to submit" item. 500 characters isn't really that much though...
Just a teensy little somewhat pointless aesthetic suggestion from me.

Is it possible to do something like adding tags when it comes to checking out a user’s profile page under submitted items, like this? It’s just easier to see what an individual user has submitted up to the site thus far instead of just clicking on each selected category one a time. Maybe you can also do the same with the Locker, Achievements, Play Lists or even Submissions up at the top.
Anky, could we possibly get a generated list for New and Notable games? Currently when you click on the header for it, it goes to just the new games instead of a list for games that were marked as new and notable. ^.^;

So, that would be kinda cool if you have the time and inclination!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Addit That isn't merely aesthetic, it seems like a really useful thing. I hope it's easy enough as putting a variable in there. It's really informative.

@Liberty That would be really cool.
author=CashmereCat
@AdditThat isn't merely aesthetic, it seems like a really useful thing. I hope it's easy enough as putting a variable in there. It's really informative.

@Liberty That would be really cool.

I don't think we store counts at this time, so they would have to be calculated every time. But we could probably start storing counts...

author=Liberty
Anky, could we possibly get a generated list for New and Notable games? Currently when you click on the header for it, it goes to just the new games instead of a list for games that were marked as new and notable. ^.^;

So, that would be kinda cool if you have the time and inclination!

Yeah, I neglected to add Notable to the sort order options on the gamepage, hence the lack of 'notable' list. I suppose I could add it in.
It would make finding them so much easier for podcasts. The only 'list' we have is the front page. Once bumped, they're mia forever. ^.^;
Idea: not sure if it's been brought up yet, but tagging someone in a thread/post/etc by using @username and getting a notification. That way you could share a thread with someone or if you answer them they'll be notified of it.

Just a thought.
Gonna make meself a triple post, aw yeah.

Um um um >.<;

Idea - something that's a minor annoyance (and I know it's petty and silly and there are bigger things to focus on but might as well bring it up in any case) is that when you're editing text with bold/underline/size/colour/ect, if you want to, say, make it like this you have to keep highlighting over and over. On other sites, it'll allow you to keep the piece your changing highlighted until you click off it into a text box.

Would it be possible to get that kind of functionality? Like I said, I know it's a very small thing, but it's something that annoys me every time I edit text (like using 'mod voice') and figured, 'well, might as well just ask.' ^.^;
Oh! The toolbar.

I never use the toolbar.
test
author=Liberty
Gonna make meself a triple post, aw yeah.

Um um um >.<;

Idea - something that's a minor annoyance (and I know it's petty and silly and there are bigger things to focus on but might as well bring it up in any case) is that when you're editing text with bold/underline/size/colour/ect, if you want to, say, make it like this you have to keep highlighting over and over. On other sites, it'll allow you to keep the piece your changing highlighted until you click off it into a text box.

Would it be possible to get that kind of functionality? Like I said, I know it's a very small thing, but it's something that annoys me every time I edit text (like using 'mod voice') and figured, 'well, might as well just ask.' ^.^;

Select your text, hold down the CTRL key, and then click on the button in the toolbar. Keep CTRL down while clicking to add multiple styles to the selected text.
EHHHHHH?!

we need this posted on the did you know section

thanksies~ ^.^
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
So, I created a thread in another section of the forum and it was suggested I come on over here and cause some trouble with my suggestion :)

I've come across a few games that looked interesting but when checking screen shots after reading the summary, I find the game is in a language other then English.

Would it be possible to allow the developer to give the summary in the language of the game so us players with only English to work with might know right off the bat that the game really is not for us??
That, or possibly a language tab just like the tags showing the game is rpg, action, etc......Spanish, German....you know what I mean :)
They're allowed to have a summary in their original language, they just have to also provide an English version as well, since we're an English site.

But language tags might be a neat idea.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
You be right...and I really mean that :)

I thought about a site with more then one language and pictured a big mess :)

It's good that they are allowed to write a summary in their own language but good
that they also make one in English, even if the gammar is not perfect.

Now I will have to watch for the language TABS :)