[POLL] XBOX ONE OR PS4? WHICH ONE WILL YOU BE BUYING?

Poll

Will you be buying an Xbox One or PS4? - Results

Xbox One
3%
PS4
34%
Both
5%
Neither
56%

Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
So the gloves are off and both Microsoft and Sony have now unveiled their 8th-gen consoles. The question is, which one's got your vote, if any? Do you think the all-in-one entertainment centre goal of the Xbox One will work as intended, or will Sony take the lead with their offering?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm a little tired of the console war, honestly. It's been on since I began gaming with NES and then Genesis/Game Gear. Meanwhile PC has amazing games I've missed out on. For me, next gen will be ahuge PC upgrade. Both for gaming and graphic design. (There's a wicked second party tablet I desire)
Plus my room mate is a Sony fanboy. He's getting a PS4 and selling his PS3. (One of the few people I know to actually own and play PS Vita...)
If I could edit polls I would change XBox One to XBONE

Anyways besides having cool games I want to play and need X to do so it comes down to how they handle the supplementary stuff. I don't know enough about either to say on the assumption that CGIWTPANXTDS isn't a factor and there's too much chaff right now like rumors of how XBONE will charge you extra for used games.

Plus I bought a fucking Wii-U on launch and I learned my lesson so I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach like a sensible person.

e: PC supremacy 4 lyfe
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
PS3 once the PS4 makes the PS3 go down in price.
I've already invested $600 into a new PC. That'll do for now.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'm gonna rock the PC until I make enough money to throw around, then we'll see.
I usually buy things if they interest me or have a game I want to play, and If any of those consoles have that I will probably buy them.

I did, however, miss the last console generation completely. (I'm now trying to play all the Wii RPG's people keep mentioning, but that are going for 300$)

author=GreatRedSpirit
CGIWTPANXTDS

I have to find some way to use this.
author=GreatRedSpirit
rumors of how XBONE will charge you extra for used games.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

KOTAK
Xbox One games will require a one-time activation code to use, but you'll still be able to trade and sell them online, Microsoft tells Kotaku—although we're not 100% clear on the details.

Speaking to us at the big event in Redmond today, Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison clarified a couple of details about the system's used game policy and explained that there will be a solution for people who want to trade games with their friends.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

(Emphasis mine)

So basically Microsoft is trying to eliminate the brick and mortar stores and second-hand game market and replace it with their own. Kinda like PCs (pc supremacy 4 lyfe)!

I love Steam so it'll be interesting how Microsoft handles making their own store front.
it will probably be a ridiculous bottleneck but at least they're not trying to stamp out game resale completely
PS4 for me, but probably not until a year or two after launch. The couple of times I've bought a system at launch, it will sit unused for long periods of time after the first maybe month because there just aren't any quality games for it. So I tend to wait until there is a game (or preferably a few) that I absolutely must have before making the console purchase. Of course, if Sony pulls the same one disc = one use crap as Microsoft, I might just stay out of this generation completely. I tend to buy new and not used, but I also like bringing a game to a friend's place so we can play it or such situations. I've always preferred consoles to PC because of the portability of games and not having to install.
Probably the PS4 since i had a good time with PS3
Woah Double post randomly... I only clicked post once!
Hmm..maybe a ps3..though even after like 2-3 years, I'm still settling into my xbox360, so.. xD
they called it xbox 1? they're going backwards while ps4 looks to the future. a future where i own neither
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=GreatRedSpirit
rumors of how XBONE will charge you extra for used games.
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

KOTAK
Xbox One games will require a one-time activation code to use, but you'll still be able to trade and sell them online, Microsoft tells Kotaku—although we're not 100% clear on the details.

Speaking to us at the big event in Redmond today, Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison clarified a couple of details about the system's used game policy and explained that there will be a solution for people who want to trade games with their friends.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

The Xbox exec wouldn't give further details on how this system will work, but we're assuming that once you're done with a game, you can trade the code online and it will be erased from your machine. But what will you get? Other games? Microsoft Points?

No matter how the final system works, it is not likely to please GameStop, the world's biggest buyer and seller of used video games, but it could be a tantalizing way to share games with your friends in the virtual space.

(Emphasis mine)

So basically Microsoft is trying to eliminate the brick and mortar stores and second-hand game market and replace it with their own. Kinda like PCs (pc supremacy 4 lyfe)!

I love Steam so it'll be interesting how Microsoft handles making their own store front.

The official Xbox Twitter confirmed that was false.
Neither (and I'm surprised that I'm not the only one). And I'm actually surprised that console gaming is still going on with the advancement of cellular devices and tablets taking over all our lives, and what not. With the technology getting better and better, isn't it time to STOP making new consoles and focus on the handheld markets? Yeah, I know, a lot of the games on them aren't that very good, but give it some time and things could change. Besides, a lot of companies like "Square-Enix" and "Capcom" have already released some games for handheld devices and I'm sure more will follow suit as things progress down the road.

Besides, if I had to REALLY choose, I rather get a 3DS. ^^
I'm a really all-over-the-place kind of gamer. I'll probably get them all down the road including the Wii U, 3DS, PS Vita. I'll have PC by my side too. And it suits me, just like I never got into Sonic vs. Mario - they've all got perks that I will consume nom nom nom~<3
author=Addit
Neither (and I'm surprised that I'm not the only one). And I'm actually surprised that console gaming is still going on with the advancement of cellular devices and tablets taking over all our lives, and what not. With the technology getting better and better, isn't it time to STOP making new consoles and focus on the handheld markets? Yeah, I know, a lot of the games on them aren't that very good, but give it some time and things could change. Besides, a lot of companies like "Square-Enix" and "Capcom" have already released some games for handheld devices and I'm sure more will follow suit as things progress down the road.

I dare you to try to play a fighting game or a platformer on a smartphone. The lack of control schemes with feedback, as well as forcing you to cover part of the screen to play is what's stopping mobile devices from being good for any game that isn't turn based or specifically designed for touch controls. It's not that a lot of games on them aren't very good right now, it's that they can't be good until the tablets start producing physical buttons out of their screens. And believe it or not, some people actually like to play on large screens as well.
author=Addit
Neither (and I'm surprised that I'm not the only one). And I'm actually surprised that console gaming is still going on with the advancement of cellular devices and tablets taking over all our lives, and what not. With the technology getting better and better, isn't it time to STOP making new consoles and focus on the handheld markets?

Just because there's a new market doesn't mean that the old market suddenly ceases to exist.

I for one will stay with my PC for the time being. Eventually I might consider hooking it up to my TV. If I were to choose the Xbox looks more inviting, but there's enough limiting factors to make it worthless to me (mostly the subscription model).

Console games are just too expensive! It's cheaper to be a PC gamer.