MOVIE DISCUSSION

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
It's pretty standard Captain America origin story we all know. Still a well done, and leads directly into Avengers.
I'm excited for Guardians of the Galaxy, simply because it will lead to the Big Bad for Avengers 2, methinks!
Pacific Rim will not be coming to the one theater I can physically get to... and if I wait any longer I will get spoiled. So blurry inferior cam footage for me. (hurrah)
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I saw it, it was pretty awesome.
Did anyone see The East? Everything else seems like summer trash.
Pacific Rim: It's Giant Mecha vs Godzilla's Homeboys.

9/10 A couple plot holes but the sheer awesome factor binds everything together.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

(Why the f**k did I watch it?)
So yeah, GI Joe: Retaliation just came out today, and I just got done watching it in 3D (Yeah, we have the complete movie setup in our living room). I enjoyed it, though I did have a couple of things I disliked. I'll leave it at that...for now
author=Addit
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

(Why the f**k did I watch it?)

I still need to watch this. Yes, it's a classic. Yes, I've been teased by a friend who I forced to watch Star Wars about it. Yes, I'll watch it eventually. If only to have Time Warp stuck in my head for the next week or so. (And because I hear it's awesomesauce)
author=Billwilliams
Pacific Rim: It's Giant Mecha vs Godzilla's Homeboys.

9/10 A couple plot holes but the sheer awesome factor binds everything together.

I still have to wait another 9 days for it to be released here. How can a movie that is inspired by and dedicated to Japanese monster movies take so long to come out in Japan? o_O

On the plus side, it's release coincides with the start of my Summer holiday ^_^
I saw The Wolverine yesterday and was disappointed it wasn't a Red Dawn sequel.

Not really. Hugh Jackman is awesome and the movie was... Okay. It broke down near the end plot-wise and it might have had a bit too much plot. Some stuff seemed like mostly dead ends and some character motivations seemed a bit unclear (like the ninja guy and Dr Green). But there were plenty of enjoyable bits and gigantic step up from the horrible X-men Origins: Wolverine.

The movie also had a post-credit scene that was fun.
Mostly it was fun because I didn't remember that Professor X had died in X3 so I was confused why Wolverine was surprised to see him. I also saw a tweet almost directly after seeing the movie mentioning that Peter Dinklage is the villain in the other x-men movie and that will be awesome.

It was also nice to see a superhero movie where the world wasn't at stake for once.
Does anyone else get disorientated by watching 3D movies? Yesterday I swear it was 40mins after the movie before I felt like myself, again.
That happens with all movies* for me. There's the bit where I am immersed in the cinema experience and then when the credits start rolling I'm still in a different world for a while and sometimes when I walk outside I still feel like the world is different. Until it stops, gradually, and becomes the same old world I've always been in.

*Well not all, but a lot.
I've seen my very first 3D movie a few months ago in "The Hobbit" and, I admit, the 3D effects did feel a bit "weird" and "disorienting" at first. I kept trying to remove my 3D glasses and putting them back on a few times after a while because I had a bit of a headache since I've never seen anything like this before in this sort of format.

But after around 30 minutes of watching the movie with the glasses on, the 3D effects were like you couldn't live without them! I guess it just takes a bit of time to get used to it.

I still have those exact same 3D glasses that I kept from the theatres! I still look to dawn them on again sometime in the future.

(Well, when something "good" manages to come out.)
3D movies don't affect me at all. I am one of the lucky ones. I know people who get nauseous watching them. (It is caused usually by the fact that we have a varying depth of field (the 3D) but a single visual focal point (the actual screen that is a fixed distance away from your eye) and the brain is attempting to deal with that. Sometimes it makes the brain go "wtf man I give up" and you get nauseated.)

Anywho, I watched The Wolverine this past Friday. I quite enjoyed it! It had a nice focused plot/story and had some real visceral scenes. It did fall apart a little bit at the end, like Shinan said, but overall I thought it was tight.

I thought Professor X had his body destroyed though? And then transported his consciousness to another person who was in a coma or something. So why is he back in a wheelchair? Is he just projecting that image to anyone who is looking at him or what?
author=kentona

I thought Professor X had his body destroyed though? And then transported his consciousness to another person who was in a coma or something. So why is he back in a wheelchair? Is he just projecting that image to anyone who is looking at him or what?

I can come up with two reasons.

1. It will be explained in the next X-men movie.
2. It's based on a superhero comic book so that shit happens all the time.

I just got back from Pacific Rim. (literally ten minutes ago) So I don't have anything coherent to say about it except that this is the way that giant robots should be done.

And also Charlie Day and Ron Perlman.
Pages: first prev 1234 last