RPG STUDIO EASIEST FASTEST CREATING ONLINE RPG

Pages: first 12 next last
With utmost respect for everyone,

My name is Frank Albert Pangajow, I have develop a freeware 2D Multiplayer Online RPG Game Wizard called RPG Studio. The purpose of this wizard is to make everyone can develop 2D MORPG very easy and very fast.

The target audience is mostly for 2D/3D Artist who wish to create a sample game for High Profile demo to display their art capability in an actual game. Also for Game Designer / Level Designer as a tool for Rapid Game Prototyping to show their talent on designing the game itself. And for game story writer, to create a good story directly within a game (or collaboration between all of them). Lastly ofcourse for everyone to create their own dream MORPG without thinking about how to program or how to draw animation.

The process for developing the game itself is very fast within seconds a MORPG can be played, NO programming NOR scripting involved at all, just mouse clicking. The interface itself is not very serious and scary, but fun and designed for common people minded. With a lot of video tutorial, FAQ Help and plenty of easy tools to use, everyone can contruct a game from ground up to a full blown serious Multiplayer Online RPG very fast. The online and multiplayer capability is automatic, no need additional effort.

The game produced is a feature complete RPG, may even be compared with current famous 2D MMORPG such as Ragnarok Online, Tales Weaver, Mapple Story, etc.

Visit RPG Studio site at:

http://sites.google.com/site/rpgstudio/

Thank you for your attention, I hope my effort will help you to create your own online multiplayer RPG.

For moderator:
My apologize, I did not know is this the right place to post this announcement. Will you also host games developed uses RPG Studio? Thanks.

Sincerely,

- Frank Albert Pangajow -

Below is several screen shot taken from the two sample games, created uses RPG Studio within seconds or few minutes.

Wow, I don't have the time to download it right now, but this looks awesome. What a contribution.
It looks like it has isometric "2.5D" capability, from what I see. And others should take notes from this release. It was done when everything was ready, not a "I'm working on this, but there's no download available yet" unlike, say, Stencyl or RPGCreator 3D.

Only downside I see is that it's already June 16th, and Release Something is June 20th. But RPG Studio will be useful for the September RS.

EDIT: I take back all the compliments I gave. RPG Studio is currently useless to me as a Vista user. Really freaking useless, which is a shame because:
I got the resources to load, the maps to load, and everything else to load but the editors themselves.

The dreaded \ in a folder name, possibly the ONLY reason it won't load- if you then go to the folder and click on it, it will just say to use RPG Studio.

In short, thanks but no thanks, I'm not an MMORPG type anyway.
wow, this looks absolutely amazing. I am downloading this now and post some feedback on this later. Congrats on designing this.

Also, for those who were wondering how to create your own MORPG this is your chance to finally do it.
Thank you for your good feed back, anyway please try it, and report any problems or improvement idea.

Please NOTE: It has automatic online multiplayer capability but it is absolutely capable of playing in single player within a single computer and that is what RPG Studio Wizard doing when testing your game build which is in single computer.

I really hope you can create game uses RPG Studio especially if you create all of the game resources yourself uses all he helpfull tools available within RPG Studio, and let me know I WANT TO PLAY your game ^-^

If you did not know what to do email me or write in this forum, I will check here time to time... just please first read the FAQ and watch the tutorial video before asking.

Sincerely,

- Frank A. Pangajow -
Woah. This is some epic stuff.
Downloading it now, I'll definitely be sure to give feedback once I've toyed with it. I'm pretty excited about this.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Since I am elitist jerk, I am not impressed by this in the slightest. Here's a few questions for you:

1) What sort of network benchmark testing have you down with this?
2) What is it written in?
3) Why does it not work in Vista?
4) What sort of scripting backend is given to the developer? This is a requirement nowadays.
5) What sort of graphical performance are we looking at, and what kind of API does it use?
I'm not actually going to download this to be honest, i'm not really the MMORPG kinda guy, so this doesn't appeal to me. Apart from the second and last screenshot it looks fantasic I love the look of the terrain, I am personally impressed by the amount of work you probably put into this.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
While this looks great, a few technical aspects looks a little iffy. Well ... one of them being the fact that I use Vista. :-X
I respect the sheer amount of effort that went into this. It's taken me a month to replicate RM2k, so I can't even imagine how long this took. Keep making stuff like this, the indie gaming community needs people like you.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
These aren't indie games.
author=WIP link=topic=1336.msg20301#msg20301 date=1213643844
These aren't indie games.

Wait, what? Have I had the definition of indie game wrong for years now? 'Cause that would suck.
Shit.. I'm never going to smoke again. I haven't been this confused since Super Mario Bros.
author=WIP link=topic=1336.msg20282#msg20282 date=1213638908
Since I am elitist jerk, I am not impressed by this in the slightest. Here's a few questions for you:

1) What sort of network benchmark testing have you down with this?
2) What is it written in?
3) Why does it not work in Vista?
4) What sort of scripting backend is given to the developer? This is a requirement nowadays.
5) What sort of graphical performance are we looking at, and what kind of API does it use?

Here is your answer:
http://sites.google.com/site/rpgstudio/question--report
"I use Vista."

Relax there will be Vista version...
"i'm not really the MMORPG kinda guy"

As I have already mentioned on previous post, the game result is perfectly capable to be played single player within single computer.

RPG Studio can produce any computer configuration game you can imagine:
1. Play single player within single computer
2. Play multiplayer just using 2 computers (or more) by two player, one host the server and play also on server the other run the client then connect
3. Have a dedicated server and all others join in
4. Option 2 and 3 with some or all clients join via internet
Not good enough, I'm afraid. We need to know why it doesn't work on Vista. (And, actually, 90% of it DOES) Many, many programs that have claimed that did under compatibility settings, including RPG Maker 2000/2003. The RMXP issue was compatibility between the nTitles server.

The program is looking for files in a directory with an extra \ in the folder name.

Looks to me like a simple linking problem, considering the resources and previews do load.

And, to top it all off, you can't even make a profit over your game if you wanted to! Well, what's the point, then? That's okay for regular RPGs, but for MMORPGs, you would eventually have to pay for servers or server use to keep any kind of community.

I'm going to keep away from this one for now.
WIP
author=rpgstudio link=topic=1336.msg20350#msg20350 date=1213668556
Here is your answer:
http://sites.google.com/site/rpgstudio/question--report
Sorry, but this page doesn't answer all the questions I asked.
Yeah, i tried playing this in vista and it worked for a while but then my computer froze and it took me a while to start it back up. I learnt my lesson. ;)
author=demondestiny link=topic=1336.msg20373#msg20373 date=1213683448
Yeah, i tried playing this in vista and it worked for a while but then my computer froze and it took me a while to start it back up. I learnt my lesson. ;)

Wait a minute, you got it, as in the editors, to work? (Even if only for a little while) Sometimes, using more resources than the computer can handle OR shoddy programming- RMXP has frozen up the computer before- causes freeze ups. This is really interesting.

It sounds more like the creator didn't even test RPG Studio on Vista, which is a major no-no in computer product development.

I got the sample game to work. It is very heavily anime-influenced. Snout-face and all. And that is a long intro. Three minutes and still going!

It finally ended. Five minutes for an intro to an MMO? Wow. Thankfully, you only have to watch it once.

And Super Mario Land music to boot? I wasn't expecting that. Just fix the double backslash issue (\\BIN, Vista doesn't allow backslashes in folder names, which I have a feeling is the problem), and the editors will probably open, too!

So, the sample games apparently DO work, if you uncheck the box you aren't supposed to. You'll get server error dialogs, but hit enter and they should go away.
Pages: first 12 next last