MAKING MY OWN TILESET, NEED IDEAS

Pages: 1
I make a tileset for a modern game (Present) and i'm staring to fall short on ideas what objects to make.

As of now i made:
ATM machine
Newspaper machine
Cola machine
Electric pole
trees
benches
Phone Booth
Mail drop box
Window Frames
Stop light
Trash cans

Any ideas what else i could make ?

Ps. It has to be objects u see in the city
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Cars, roads, potholes, sandwich boards.
Food stands
Construction work/items for it
Outside dining areas for restaurants
Street-side shrubbery
Mannequins for clothing shops
Signs outside stores to advertise
Lampposts
Store signs
Road signs
Billboards
Little gardens

~

In fact, most of it will just be varying architecture and roads, I'd presume.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oil stains on the pavement
Sidewalk cracks with grass growing through
Bike racks
Parked vehicles
Parking meters
Traffic cones
Billboards
Neon signs
Those trees that they put in the middle of sidewalks with a circle of dirt around them

ok but really, figure out what is actually happening in the area that makes it worth visiting, and focus on that. The outside of a museum is gonna look really different from the street in front of an arcade, and a zombie-infested suburban cul-se-sac is gonna look really different from the FBI headquarters. If the area is really just an empty street, it will be boring no matter how well you decorate it. In a modern game I'd warn against trying to make a traditional RPG town, and recommend connecting the meaningful locations in the city some other way than walking across town (like a bus, a city overmap, or just a menu).

My advice is to make the tileset for each map as you make that map; you won't know what you need in the map beforehand. Alterately, make the maps using filler tilesets, and make your own tiles at the end.
Pages: 1