RPG MAKER CHATROOM (NO DOWNLOAD!)

Pages: 1
Yo! So I know there have been multiple attempts at a chat room for this kind of thing and most if not all have failed. However, I've found myself wanting to talk to both people that play the RPG Maker games and make them. So why not give it a try? Some of you may think it's a bad idea and not join because of it, and that's completely acceptable. However I myself have had previous chat owning experience and like to imagine I can make it work and hope you don't look at this chat with your previous experiences with them.

Things to know:
-Link: http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/TheRPGMakers
-It is hosted on deviantARt.com (dA)
-If you are not familiar with dA then you should know you will need to make an account to join. The process is fast and simple and you may find a use for dA and all of it other non-chat related capabilities.
-The chat room is NOT affiliated with RMN or any other game making website, however if RMN is interested I would be more than happy to affiliate it and no matter what I plan to show off things about RMN in the chat (such as the site itself, games, events, etc.) assuming RMN has no quarrels with this.
-That's about it! I hope to see you all there soon!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=kentona
http://rpgmaker.net/irc/
author=Yellow Magic
http://rpgmaker.net/irc/
I assumed the chat was down as I hadn't been able to join ^^; I guess I'll try again. Sorry for this topic if it does work.

EDIT: So I figured I HAD to download one of the things listed to join and did so. I am currently in the chat and I WOULD say to just delete this, however I think a lot of people would rather just be able to join a site rather than download a new program entirely to chat. Not to mention no one is on in the chat >_>
If it's all the same with you guys I'd like to keep it up, maybe people will join, maybe they won't. If you would rather this topic be deleted there isn't much I can do about it.

EDIT 2: Nevermind on there not being people in it, I didn't change servers. Either way, my point on having to download a new program to join still stands and everything else I noted in the first edit.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
You don't need to download anything, that's what mibbit and the other web based clients are for.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Irc has been the go-to chat option since Gaming World. I commend your attempt to bring people together, but the old adage stands; 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
MASSIVELY OFF TOPIC AND IRRELEVANT
I wonder about chat though. Is chat dead? I mean sure we hang out on IRC, but it just seems to me that jumping onto random chatrooms and just talking crap for a while has been replaced by... I don't know... youtube commenting and chatting with people you already know on facebook?

I guess this is my way of saying that yes you should go on IRC and talk to random people because it's fun and engaging. (also if anyone knows of a good irc client that works exactly the way I want it to feel free to suggest one, though I'm pretty sure I've tried them all already :()
I haven't downloaded an IRC client in years. Opera has a chat client built right into it! I have 3 chatrooms on separate tabs that I can switch to whenever I like. It is very convenient.

Plus I don't have to make an account at DeviantArt to just be able to chat.
author=Shinan
MASSIVELY OFF TOPIC AND IRRELEVANT
I wonder about chat though. Is chat dead? I mean sure we hang out on IRC, but it just seems to me that jumping onto random chatrooms and just talking crap for a while has been replaced by... I don't know... youtube commenting and chatting with people you already know on facebook?

I had time to chat when I was 13 years old. I know there's that thing called ChatRoulette nowadays but apparently 90% of the people that hang out there are guys that show off their genitals.
have to add that there is even a topic for the jokes we make in the IRC Chatlog
a topic for things that really you had to be there for

I tried getting into irc but the scene there is weird and insular and I got tired of being typecast because of a bad first impression so I bailed. there's a few really cool people there (sup gourd, aqua, emir, ym, thirdmuse) but all the weird politics and power struggles some other people got up to were super unpleasant and I got better things to do than put up with that

damn shame!

e: I keep remembering other people who were neat and editing them in as if it matters hahaha
This topic is kinda null and void at this point ^^; if a mod could delete that'd be great (or someone direct me to the delete button as I can't seem to find it)
hey, no need to be so ashamed! things don't get deleted unless people really don't want them around anymore, anyway. don't worry about it.

(the mods will sometimes lock a thread if the original poster requests it. it'd be easier if people were able to report their own posts, though.)
I'll lock it, but yeah, we don't delete topics. We either let history deal with them (just ignored) or send them to the archives.
Locked at request.
Pages: 1