[RPGMAKER XP] THE MOST ACCURATE WAY TO USE BUTTON INPUT

Pages: 1
I want to create systems completely out of events. So I need a reliable way to measure button input. Does anyone know the best way to do this?

I had also considered another version of rpgmaker to create evented systems. Are other versions of rpgmaker better to do this on?
Ace's eventing seems to be the most versatile it's been in a long time, or so I hear. it certainly gives you a lot of options that I hadn't seen in the past, and I think it reproduces everything that 2k was capable of.

honestly, I like later versions much better than XP anyway. they run smoother, they have a better native framerate, the RTP isn't so doughy-looking, they use .ogg files, which are fantastic...

I'm not the authority when it comes to eventing, but boy did you ever come to the right place!
J-L
"I cannot complain when your icon of choice is a penguin"
Make Conditional Branch and add this line in the section "Script" with whatever button you want to be pressed. Let's say you want to use C...

Input.trigger?(Input::C)

It's a little more useful than the "If button C" is being pressed. I'm not sure this is what you were looking for, so good luck!
I'm trying to judge which maker is the most responsive for this type of design.
Pages: 1