PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Hm, so how about plugin that checks if each picture is shown and then save it to switches with first switch ID configurable by user? Then you can do something like:

<>Fork Condition PIC1==OFF

<>Show Picture 1, Awesomeface
:end

I've might mess up some command names/parameter order or count because I haven't use 2k3 in long time and I'm using Polish translation of it anyway, but you should get the gist of what I'm proposing.

Then, if we could get info if image is being shown not only will we be able to reduce Show Image command count, but also reduce possibility of accidental, unwanted replacing one picture with another, which will be usable for picture-based CMS, etc.

Also perhaps another feature would be being able to get first "free" picture ID by variable and ability to show picture at ID specified by variable.
Right now I am facing the culprit of integer division with regards to the damage calculation formulas in RM2k3. Referring to Craze's article on a decent workaround, I wrote:

"Your conclusions for the "optimized" stats are only calculations for average gains of a stat increase. For example, you wrote:

-Every two points of DEF you have lowers the optimal physical damage you take by one.

If you do the math, yes, on average, this makes sense. However, it is misleading because the damage formulas for the engine are still the same and because of integer division if you were to, say, increase DEF by exactly two points from a DEF of 40 up to 42, you will see no difference in battle (since 2/4=0 when doing integer division). A better conclusion would be:

-Every four points of DEF you have lowers the optimal physical damage you take by two.

because this is really what is happening. There is still no gain unless your stat boost is in multiples of 4."

Is there any way to work around this so that calculation are more precise, like altering the formulas so that all multiplication is done before divisions to keep results more precise and less prone to this sort of rounding down? Thanks!
What division?

You mean something like:

[QuickPatches]
PlayerDmgRevamp=4B9847,EB05,4B9861,01,4B9AAE,D1F883C4145D5F5E5BC3
EnemyDmgRevamp=4C0B3E,EB05,4C0B56,01,4C0DB1,D1F89083C4145D5F5E5BC3
SkillDmgRevamp(p1)=4C0DC6,93A1C4DB4C008B00E819E3FBFF978B6F44D1E5
SkillDmgRevamp(p2)=4C0DE4,0A,4C0DF8,#20,4C0E1A,16,4C0E2F,#40,4C0F57,EB10,4C0FF7,E95DFFFFFF,4C0F59,D1F85D5F5E5BC3
Does it do anything significant?

Changes the damage formula for phys. attacks from
([0.5]Str(u) - [0.25]Def(t)) x [...]
into
0.5 x (([1.0]Str(u) - [0.5]Def(t)) x [...])

...and the skill damage from
(EffectRating + [1/20]Str(u) x AtkInf + [1/40]Int(u) x IntInf - [1/40]Def(t) x AtkInf - [1/80]Int(t) x IntInf) x [...]
into
0.5 x ([2.0]EffectRating + [1/10]Str(u) x AtkInf + [1/20]Int(u) x IntInf - [1/20]Def(t) x AtkInf - [1/40]Int(t) x IntInf) x [...])

...feel free to change up the effect of the Int stat in skills (first value #20 for the user, second value #40 for the target)
...I mean people complained about '1/4 Int - 1/8 Int' doing jack in a skill.
omg YES, that's exactly what I meant!

Huge thanks for helping me throughout this whole thread! :D

Haha, oops...Thank you for this and helping me with my other thread, bugmenot!

author=bugmenot
What division?

You mean something like:

[QuickPatches]
PlayerDmgRevamp=4B9847,EB05,4B9861,01,4B9AAE,D1F883C4145D5F5E5BC3
EnemyDmgRevamp=4C0B3E,EB05,4C0B56,01,4C0DB1,D1F89083C4145D5F5E5BC3
SkillDmgRevamp(p1)=4C0DC6,93A1C4DB4C008B00E819E3FBFF978B6F44D1E5
SkillDmgRevamp(p2)=4C0DE4,0A,4C0DF8,#20,4C0E1A,16,4C0E2F,#40,4C0F57,EB10,4C0FF7,E95DFFFFFF,4C0F59,D1F85D5F5E5BC3
Does it do anything significant?

Changes the damage formula for phys. attacks from
([0.5]Str(u) - [0.25]Def(t)) x [...]
into
0.5 x (([1.0]Str(u) - [0.5]Def(t)) x [...])

...and the skill damage from
(EffectRating + [1/20]Str(u) x AtkInf + [1/40]Int(u) x IntInf - [1/40]Def(t) x AtkInf - [1/80]Int(t) x IntInf) x [...]
into
0.5 x ([2.0]EffectRating + [1/10]Str(u) x AtkInf + [1/20]Int(u) x IntInf - [1/20]Def(t) x AtkInf - [1/40]Int(t) x IntInf) x [...])

...feel free to change up the effect of the Int stat in skills (first value #20 for the user, second value #40 for the target)
...I mean people complained about '1/4 Int - 1/8 Int' doing jack in a skill.

Yes, it does something significant: As the quick patch currently is, I can conclude the following after some tests of the math in practice:

While getting hit with a physical skill of 10 ATK influence and an attribute of +400%:
-Every two points of DEF lowers damage by two.
While getting hit with a physical skill of 5 ATK influence and an attribute of +400%:
-Every four points of DEF lowers damage by two.

While without the patch, the actual damage output is less precise:

While getting hit with a physical skill of 10 ATK influence and an attribute of +400%:
-Every four points of DEF lowers damage by four.
While getting hit with a physical skill of 5 ATK influence and an attribute of +400%:
-Every eight points of DEF lowers damage by four.

I think this quick patch can be made better though, so I am currently theorizing...
author=Shoobinator
Yes, it does something significant: As the quick patch currently is, I can conclude the following
Is that... a bad thing?

Someone asked if the division in the basic formula 1/2 Str - 1/4 Def could be omitted altogether, making it 2x Str - 1x Def for physical attacks and 2x Str xInfl + 1x Int xInfl - 1x Def xInfl - 0.5x Int xInfl for skills

[QuickPatches]
PlayerDmgRevamp=4B9847,D1E0,4B985F,909090
EnemyDmgRevamp=4C0B3E,D1E0,4C0B54,909090
SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#5,4C0DF8,#10,4C0E1A,#10,4C0E2F,#20
Str
Def
Int

A need for re-balancing (as well as a smaller influence of the EffectRating) results. Do not forget that the #influences are applied to the raw stats as a division...
Do those new Str, Def, Int parameters also affect the standard attack formula as well?

And no, those results WERE in the right direction. I am trying to keep numbers low and have greater control over the effect that only a few points of stat increase will have.

---

[QuickPatches]

This works astoundingly well because it tackles the issue at the source: the division.
I have finally found my ideal damage formula setup, which basically uses the same parameters as above, as well as the graduated attributes similar to what Craze had in his article Optimal Number article (100% for regular attacks, 200% for physical skills, 400% for magical skills). The attributes will make it so skills with influences of 5 to be the same as a regular attack, so a skills can be made more powerful than regular attacks without having to add a whole bunch of extra base damage.

These numbers seem pretty good to me right now, but now basically everything in the game does double damage compared to what it was like before this quick patch, so yea, I need to do a few adjustments, but I am very happy because just a few points of attribute will be way more effective!

=========

I was thinking about just doubling HP across the board to compensate for this new quick patch. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Some way that this may have other side effects?

Oh yeah, I just realized because of how stats were divided before, many points of stats went unnoticed in balancing because they turned out to have zero affect (e.g. a small amount of defense that was actually blocking no damage), but now, those smaller amounts of defense actually block some damage, which can throw off balance somewhat. Although perhaps starting with everything at double HP is a good start, no? Actually, I think just tweaking ATK/DEF/INT stats is a better idea. Actually, I'm not so sure now... I will have to think about this some more later xD

The effectiveness of HP restoration spells/items would need to be doubled as well.

Sorry, if I sidetracked this thread a little bit. (Although it still has something to do with DynRPG.)
Is there a known plug-in for determining which row a player party member is in? It would need to determine the row by actor ID (1...whatever hero ID), not just the current party member ID (1-4).
author=bugmenot
Someone asked if the division in the basic formula 1/2 Str - 1/4 Def could be omitted altogether, making it 2x Str - 1x Def for physical attacks and 2x Str xInfl + 1x Int xInfl - 1x Def xInfl - 0.5x Int xInfl for skills

[QuickPatches]

Str
Def
Int

A need for re-balancing (as well as a smaller influence of the EffectRating) results. Do not forget that the #influences are applied to the raw stats as a division...

That's good news... it would only be better if we could write our own damage formula for attack and skills... but i know that's not possibile v_v

*(not so) secretely hopes that bugmenot, cherry or pepsiotaku can do this*
Urgh, too many quick patches.

Hey can someone make a No-Reflect patch? As in, when reflect happens, the spell does no damage, but instead of directing back at the enemy, it simply deals no damage. I have issues with reflected spells being switch or ability-based and causing game-breaking glitches. Also, I want more like a magic shell instead of an outright reflect ability.
author=bulmabriefs144
Well, here's another one:
[QuickPatches]
NoReflectDmg=49BC4B,EB58,49BCA5,90E93F03,49C44C,90E9E901,4BB3A8,9090,49C2CD,90E9

author=Shoobinator
Is there a known plug-in for determining which row a player party member is in?
RPG::Battler::RowAlt I guess... either that or RPG::Battler::Row. One of those has to do with the information stored in the Battler's DataArray at position +74h (Row(current) ... +70h is Row(toSet))

Ask Pepsi if you don't know what to do with this information.
PM bugmenot or Cherry about it. You can't control reflect whatsoever via DynRPG, so I can't help you.

Edit: Speak of the devil!
Do you think there should be a compilation for the Quick Patches?
author=SpellcraftQuill
Do you think there should be a compilation for the Quick Patches?

QuickPatch Compilation(1)
QuickPatch Compilation(2)

(2) just click the topmost link above my avatar. Search my posts for " [QuickPatches] ". Try to figure out what the name of the QuickPatch implies... and pray, I guess.
author=bulmabriefs144
Love that quote. Here's about 500 more:

download VisuMenu(fix)

This makes it possible to change the positions and sizes of every window in the default [Esc]Menu. Also, the positions and colors of every bit of text in those windows.

Last but not least: Cherry made a patch that allows for the map to be shown behind the windows in the default menu:

download MapInMenu
edit: (09/05/2014)
Fixed an issue with crashing battles.
I... will be messing with those when I get home. Very cool!
Hey, since we're doing skill dmg revamps, I'd like to do this.

(Int score x Int Modifier) + (Str score x Str modifier) + Skill Damage - Target defence (if unchecked).

That is, for skills 1 with 1 Str modifier and 0 Int modifier it turns out:

(Str, let's say 50 x 1 = 50) + (Int 450 x 0 = 0) + Damage (350)
50+350 = 400
400- Monster defence (150) = 250 +- for variance and taking elemental resistance into account.

Is it possible to do this? Right now, it seems like the physical skills I make are pretty screwy in terms of monster damage, as in it doesn't impact too much from having high strength.

Also, is it possible to make magic defense based on Int instead of agility? That's kinda screwy.
author=bulmabriefs144
(Int score x Int Modifier) + (Str score x Str modifier) + Skill Damage - Target defence (if unchecked).
What? Having those atk/int influence sliders be whole numbers?
And what do you mean "if unchecked"?

Okay, the default damage formula for skills is:
[QuickPatches]
SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#20,4C0DF8,#40,4C0E1A,#40,4C0E2F,#80
Which equals to:
[1/1]EffectRating +
( [1/20]Str(user) - [1/40]Def(target) ) x Atk Influence +
( [1/40]Int(user) - [1/80]Int(target) ) x Int Influence

So to get your damage formula (Int x IntMod) + (Str x StrMod) + EffectRating - Def
...you'd just have to set the divisors to 1, no?
[QuickPatches]
SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#1,4C0DF8,#1,4C0E1A,#1,4C0E2F,#1

Magic defense is already based on int. Where did you get that thing with agi from? Or do you want the agi stat to be considered as MagicDef?
If unchecked, as in, we have the checkbox for Ignore Damage on the skills menu.

Oh, it is? I was kinda confused about that.

I'm liking this! I set it straight 1:1 across the board for Tales From The Reaper, and SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#1,4C0DF8,#5,4C0E1A,#2,4C0E2F,#1 for Oracle of Tao (physical attacks grow more with training than magic, but magical defense builds more with training)
I still don't get what you mean by "- Target defence (if unchecked)." Was that just default stuff you mentioned that didn't require any changes?

Or do you mean that this should only apply to physical defense (if the AtkMod is above 0) instead of both phys.defense and magic defense?

[QuickPatches]
IgnorePhysDefense=4C0E0D,15

And keep in mind, that "magic defense" as it is in the code of the rpg maker is not a reduction of damage caused purely by the Int stat but a reduction of the total damage.

So with your Def(target) divisor set to #2 and the Int(target) divisor set to #1 the "magic defense" may thwart the attacker's Atk stat on a Skill with AtkMod=1 IntMod=1 if the target has high enough of an Int stat (much higher than the Skill user's Atk stat).