PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

Very true. 8 different colors to represent those would look too busy anyway, so they probably aren't needed. I'll look into it!

All-in-all, though, it's probably going to be combined with the MP plugin so it can just use the same onFrame callback. You would need to setup conditions for your stat up/down spells, because you can't increase a stat with just a spell. It would be interesting to see the actual +/- values represented on screen.
That would be neat. Wait...are you sure you can't increase stats with just a spell? I'm pretty sure there was an option to increase/decrease stats via spells? Unless that's bugged or something and I never knew of it? o_O
You can only decrease stats with a spell. You have to use a condition to increase. Personally, I use conditions for both so that you can clearly see an enemy or hero has a stat increase/decrease.
Whaaa??? I...I never knew this. So all of these stat buffs that I have that don't increase stats are null and void then? D:
Hah? I'm pretty sure you can increase stats with spells. I've been using it for a long, long time, and I've seen visible changes in damage output/defenses/speed/etc. 8V
Oh my bad. If you set the skill to "single/all enemy" it will always show "Decrease" and "single/all ally" will always show "Increase." I still prefer the condition method so the player can track how long it takes effect for.
I think the only big thing for the DBS I'd like to see is the weakness and resistance thing, if it can be done like having two equipment that has fire resistance, so you take even less fire damage.

I'm pretty sure RMXP and up has that kind of system. It's a shame rm2k3 never fully explored that. :P
Isn't that because of how 2k3 handles it compared to the others? The others actually give you % reduction, while 2k3 does the whole Letter reduction (which I argue isn't that well thought out. I'd much prefer someone who takes 100% damage to take -X% instead of instantly going from 100% to 50% or whatnot, but I digress). Otherwise, you'd have to be extremely careful not to make too many things give Fire resistances so as to make them completely invincible in some situations. ^^;
Of course. :D

Hmm, I also wonder if there's a way to change the menu equipment as well, where you can have like say two accessory slots. And remove the helmet slot, that'd be another nifty addition. :D
author=Cherry
About stats: What about popping up "+23 DEF", "-4 ATK", etc. as text? The down side is that there is no color option for text, you can only use color 0.

yeah that's probably the best thing to do, too many colors would be caothic to remember both for us makers and for the players.

author=PepsiOtaku
This should be pretty easy. I gotta figure out the best method for doing this though. Probably a skill with a 0MP cost, with a note in the description about the HP cost, and then the plugin does the legwork from there.

how about something like(for example):
skillid199=25
in the config file where 199 is of course the id of the skill and 25 is the ammount of hp it takes to cast it, and whovere cast that spell weither be a player or a enemy, will lose 25hp. could it be possible?

You can't generally turn on a switch when those spells are activated. You can do this for an individual enemy when you setup their skills, but the in-battle timing for the Switch ON state can be kind of inconsistent.

I wonder if making it plugin controlled would make a difference. It might be workaround needed in order to force an action. I'll experiment with it at some point.

exactly my point; yes we can have in-battle events that trigger if a command is used and therfore i can have a spell categories named Black Magic and have something happen whenever a spell from the Black Magic category is used, but the same event will happen regardless of which spell is casted. by having a single switch for one spell we could have something different happen if i use Fire rather than Ice... but yeah i see your point, the timing will much likely be unprecise.
So, MP Display thingie: I noticed that when HP and MP are restored at the same time, the HP is sometimes not shown and/or shown very briefly before the MP display kicks in. I noticed this during today's LP where a boss that uses a healing spell that heals 5-7k (I couldn't tell how much at first, but I caught it later on very briefly, and when used on NOT himself), and was wondering if there's anything that can be done about that? I don't think there is but I could be wrong. Thought I'd bring this up, and see if anyone else had that same problem.
PepsiOtaku, in this case you would need to have kind of a "queue" for each battler, for popups, so that if the damagePopupTimer value is > 0 you "queue" your popup and wait. Actually, it should be quite easy if you just don't set your buffer variable (which stores the old value) to the new value so every frame it will try again to show the popup until it succeeds.
author=PepsiOtaku
Very true. 8 different colors to represent those would look too busy anyway, so they probably aren't needed. I'll look into it!

All-in-all, though, it's probably going to be combined with the MP plugin so it can just use the same onFrame callback. You would need to setup conditions for your stat up/down spells, because you can't increase a stat with just a spell. It would be interesting to see the actual +/- values represented on screen.

Stat increase/decrease? Make it a separate plugin though, because not everyone wants all that color confusion.

I've got a plugin that works on Item ID checking whether it was used in battle (the BattleID utility), but I can't make sense of why it doesn't seem to work for skills. Is it something to do with how turns are done? Or is it (my plugin is done, so far as I'm concerned (since I don't need it for skills), but anyone who wants can modify it for skills) something else?

Anyway, Skie said she/he wanted it, for the purpose of tracking skills (though it appears to have a lag from what I tested of items, unless there is also something to delay other stuff first).
author=bulmabriefs144
Stat increase/decrease? Make it a separate plugin though, because not everyone wants all that color confusion.

it's just my opinion but i see no point in having multiple plugins for this, since in the config file we can easily disable whatever feature we don't want by typing "false" where needed, so those who don't want stats inc/dec to pop up can turn it off, also from what I understand they won't be colored number, but we will see a +X ATK popup.
The stat popups would have basically the same code as MP, so I'd rather put them all in one plugin and use true/false (might change to 1/0). I'm going to fix that bug with HP/MP both displaying, and work on stats probably over the weekend.

I could certainly look into writing something for skill tracking too. Bulma, you can send me the code you have if you want me to look it over. Bug-fixing my existing plugins is still my priority this week though (still working out the final kinks in my clock plugin).
author=PepsiOtaku
I could certainly look into writing something for skill tracking too. Bulma, you can send me the code you have if you want me to look it over. Bug-fixing my existing plugins is still my priority this week though (still working out the final kinks in my clock plugin).

Pfft, doesn't anyone ever check my utilities?

http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/37/

author=bulmabriefs144
It seems the best way to do this is make a item switch (you can do this for multiple items with the same switch) called Item_Used or something, and have various items turn it on. Then you can have some sort of thing where if it's the right item, you make a condition for the first switch (see parameter 3), and if not inside the second switch (see parameter 4) make a more or less empty switch, except to turn stuff off.

Doing it this way, you can also have multiple switches, and check for other items (you can't seem to have the same switch, running this process twice though).

That is, you can't do
Item_Used ON
@item_id ID num, variable, switch, switch(false)
@item_id ID num2, variable, switch, switch(false)

At least, it didn't seem to work, I might not have tested it fully. Yea, it doesn't seem to be able. I just tested with two on like that, despite being different variables and everything. It loads the last one.

But you can do
Item_Used ON
@item_id ID num, variable, switch, switch(false)
Bomb_Used ON
@item_id ID num2, variable, switch, switch(false)

Thanks bulma. I'll look into that over the next few days.

I updated the playtime clock plugin:
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/24/

Nothing visual has been updated, but the code is way more efficient as it doesn't destroy/create the foreground image every frame. I also added the RECT fix described here:
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/13382/?post=471755#post471755
BAM:

Spent most of the evening rewriting the MP display code into separate functions that be called easily for different stats. Which means, less code & easy to read!

I have to do more experimenting though because the monster stat displays are doing weird things. They popup with "-0 STAT" which should technically be impossible since they shouldn't popup at all if there's 0 change. +/-MP on monsters displays correctly, so idk.

Still getting this bug though (from the readme):
Note: There's a weird bug where if you set MonMpPlus=true & MonMpMinus=false, the monster's MP won't show at all. I've looked over my code numerous times, and couldn't find what was causing this, so if you think you can figure out why, feel free to modify my source!

(argh!!)
Man, that's assume~ I also see that you're possibly working on updating the Counter thing as well?

Will be pretty cool to see this done! It always bothered me that there was no real good way to see how much something was increased or decreased by. Though is it possible to not make them popup so fast at all? Because that's an issue that tends to happen still.

Huh...I can't see why that would even happen still (that bug). That seems really odd. o_O
Oh I just forgot to remove the counter condition from that character. I had made a piece of equipment that always gives the user that condition.

That popup bug is still my priority, and I won't release the next version without fixing it. I tried what Cherry described last night, but it didn't work. Maybe I coded it wrong though... idk yet.