PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

author=PepsiOtaku
It shouldn't interfere with anything. It technically works, but the timing of the event code is wrong (due to 2k3's sheisty battle system).

The store_item_skill plugin was just the plugin I was desperately hoping for a year ago. I have to ask, is there any way the timing issue could be fixed? This plugin would be absolutely amazing.

Regardless, I'm gonna be taking a close look at your plugins, they are something else. I was thinking about getting back into rpgmaking and this might be the final push of encouragement I needed.
Got off my lazy bum and updated the first post. Added 4 plugins:
Store Item & Skill ID in Battle
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/51/

This plugin will store the Skill or Item ID that's used during a battle's action to a variable, and turn on a switch saying it was done. This allows for additional battle trigger conditions.

Auto Switches w/ Custom Var Import/Export
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/52/

This plugin allows for auto-switches by event # & page #, meaning you can add things like chests & searchable pots without using precious switches. Additionally, if you wanted to give something different search states (searched more than once) you can just add more pages. It also includes commands to save/load additional variables by name.

System/Custom Sound & Music Player
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/49/

Calls system sound effects and music from any event script via comment command. You can also set your own custom se/bgm assignments to call via DynRPG.ini (like character themes, & frequently used sounds & music)

Epic Run Key
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/50/

This plugin allows you to easily add a run key system to your game, and will automatically change the hero's charset according to a speed threshold parameter you set. For instance, if you want the walk speed to be set to "3" and the run speed to "4" Setting the threshold to "4" will use the running charset when the hero is at speed 4.

The Auto Switches & Store Item/Skill ID links are still pending admin approval, so it may be several hours until those are available.
the links of the last two plugins give me error (store item ecc ecc and auto switches)
edit forget it I don't see the last sentence ^^"
The Store_Skill_Item ID plugin works but there is a delay from the skill execution to the registering it in a variable. Any trigger won't be executed until the next turn is taken by either monster or the player. Not sure if you intended for the affects to be immediate or not, it still opens up many more interesting conditional options, but it appears to be unfeasible as an extension to evented subskills.

Just out of curiosity, is there any conceivable way to say have a skill turn a switch ON when it's used? I know that there are "switch" skills, but they do not appear in battle and can not be assigned to a skill subset. Maybe even if "switch" skills could be re-assigned to a skill subset perhaps configurable by parameters set in the dynrpg.ini? Not sure if either of those are possible. You know what I'm getting at though, branching this gap would lead the way to better eventing of skills such as steal, jump, etc. As you pointed out in an earlier post. One thing I noticed, was if it were possible to bridge that gap, it opens up targetting options. rm2k3 battle conditions allows for the checking of "current target" as well as who took the last action. So if a dummy skill could be set up and identified for what it was via variable ID, you can event targeted stealing, analyze, or skills that do damage based on any algorithm or cost MP/HP based on any algorithm, etc., where the player is actively choosing the target.
If you press F9 as soon as the spell is cast or item is used, you'll see that the variable and switch change. The issue is the way the engine handles trigger conditions (A skill's switch condition won't trigger right after you cast it).

However, traditionally in the past, you could create a new battle command with the "Skill Subset" archetype (under Database > Battle Layout > Default Battle Commands > Set). Then create your skills for that subset, and in your battle set the Trigger to " uses the command." This will execute an action as soon as a skill in that subset was cast. If you want to target individual skills from there, you can add conditional branches for your SkillIdVar in my plugin.

The annoying thing about that is, if you have a skill that multiple characters use, you need a separate page for each character. I haven't figured out any DynRPG workarounds for this yet.
So, this is obviously a different problem from your plugin. The reason I brought it up is because the battle trigger "uses the command" doesn't seem to work the way you describe it. Not to clutter your thread, but I've set up a battle event as you've instructed and there's still a turn delay.

Also, there's another separate triggered page resetting the variables and switches.
Try turning a switch ON inside that conditional, and then making a separate page for the switch.

OR (and I forgot to mention this before):

Create a new condition called "Combat" or something and set the action restriction to "No Action Allowed." I don't think anything else matters but you can set the recovery to 100% at the end of turn to be on the safe side. Then, in the same event you showed above add "Change Cond: Samson Combat Inflict" before the branch, and "Change Cond: Samson Combat Remove" after the branch. Should have mentioned that before. I think you need that.
Got an interesting result. Inflicting Samson with a condition that only set "No action allowed" seems to prevent your plugin from setting a skill ID variable. I'm assuming it also stops switches and Item ID variables but I didn't test for that.

I think it may be a problem with your plugin registering the IDs after the turn is taken. Here's how I came to this conclusion.

The first message displays on screen indicating the trigger check for whether or not the Combat archetype was selected, the "Attack" subskill or "Pass" subskill text never displays on screen, regardless of which subskill is chosen. The interesting thing is if you press f9 when the "combat" message pops up the SkillIDVariable is still set to 0 and the SkillIDSwitch is OFF. It's only until after the subskill is executed that those parameters are set.

Also, to note, I gave the dummy skills "Attack" and "Pass" animations to know while testing when they'd been executed.
Oh shit, I got that wrong actually because that only works when the skill subset has an archetype of "Attack" (therefor, there isn't going to be a skill ID). Don't do that.

Instead just make 2 pages:
Page 1: [Samson] uses the [Combat] command
<>Switch Operation: [XXXX: SamsonCombat] ON

Page 2: Switch [XXXX: SamsonCombat] ON
<>Branch if Var is 452 etc etc

As a side note, if you want to cut that down to using just one page, you could create a plugin and add this code:
#define AUTO_DLLMAIN
#include <DynRPG/DynRPG.h>
bool onBattlerActionDone( RPG::Battler* battler, bool success) {

if (battler->action->kind == RPG::AK_SKILL
&& battler->action->skillId == 152
&& battler->actionStatus == RPG::AS_FINAL_PHASE) {
success = true; // not sure if this is necessary
RPG::switches[4996] = true;

}
return true;
}

Change the switch ID and skill ID of course, but that will remove the need for Page 1 in my example.
Just putting this out there, but the skill ID plugin seems to work pretty well in addition to a german ATB speed plugin I found(Corti's ATB Speed). I transferred over my skills to the skill ID method pretty well. Spells work fine so far anyway. I'm still in the transfer process, but I'll report in with my total results soon enough.
Well... I still get a delay, meaning, nothing happens until a monster or the player make the next move. But again, I don't know how you intended this to work. It works as a method of reigistering who used what and can make battles more interesting, but the delay makes event based attacks with a subskill not desireable.

Skie, are you experiencing no delay using this plugin to make skills? If so, would you mind PM'ing me how you're eventing this? I can't think of any other way to try and make this work.
Okay, last night I went ahead and finished transferring over all my skills to the skill ID method. After hours of battle testing, I think I can say with good confidence that I've killed the skill canceling issue. At least on the player's side. I notice monsters still lose their turns occasionally if I act rapidly in succession, but players not losing their turns was the important part here, so that's that.

and drenrin, no, I don't experience any delay. And the way I execute my skills isn't all that spectacular. Doesn't even need a PM.

Skill:

Coding:

I'm trying Auto Switches w/ Custom Var Import/Export,
the problem is that if you open a chest, it works but if you go to another
map and return, the graphic of the chest is as default, because only exist 1 page.

If you make 1 page with the if swtich 01 ON, all the chests that you made
use the same switch and one chest open all.
author=Skie Fortress
Corti's ATB Speed

I tried this out last night, and was kind of annoyed at how you basically had no control over it once you loaded up the game (and that it basically breaks the active/wait system). I also didn't think the ini parameters were very intuitive. I had no idea what I was changing, not to mention it was closed source, so I couldn't even find out that way.

It inspired me enough to fix my Advanced ATB 2 plugin (which I'll probably rename at this point). Here's what's new:

* Fixed all of the timing issues. The ATB bars no longer move at inappropriate times

* Now has a TRUE active/wait system. In Wait mode, nobody makes a move until you've completed your action. This also prevents any skill cancelling I believe. In active mode, the ATB bar moves when an action is being taken, but at a slower rate (75%) than it does normally

* Added a character's agility into my formula. The formula is now:

Base ATB Speed + (AddValue * Agility) * SpeedVar

This gives Agility more of an impact. You can also use turn this off and use the old formula (same thing minus agility).

AddValue is set in the ini, while SpeedVar is a multiplier set in-game. Previously, the AddValue could be pretty high (2500) but now that you have to account for agility, you need to set it to an appropriate amount (I set it to 125 since my game uses agilities between around 10-30. If you set the SpeedVar to a negative variable, the ATB bar will go backwards to 0.

* You can control the ATB bar of any battler via variable. This requires 14 variables (2 for the "Master" variables, 4 heroes and 8 monsters). I'm gonna add some kind of comment command that will let you easily change the ATB speed of a hero/monster based on a condition.

* You can add condition exceptions (like with Corti's plugin)

* You can set Active/Wait via switch (Moved from this plugin)
author=gadesx
I'm trying Auto Switches w/ Custom Var Import/Export,
the problem is that if you open a chest, it works but if you go to another
map and return, the graphic of the chest is as default, because only exist 1 page.

If you make 1 page with the if swtich 01 ON, all the chests that you made
use the same switch and one chest open all.

Yeah I've thought about that, unfortunately, I can't think of a way for the plugin to detect it. I mainly built it for searchable barrels and things (which don't change their graphic), so I don't have an easy workaround yet aside from changing the chest graphic back each time.
author=PepsiOtaku
author=Skie Fortress
Corti's ATB Speed
*ATB CHANGES GALORE*

Now this I can get behind. I'll definitely change over when it's up!
author=PepsiOtaku
author=Skie Fortress
Corti's ATB Speed
I tried this out last night, and was kind of annoyed at how you basically had no control over it once you loaded up the game (and that it basically breaks the active/wait system). I also didn't think the ini parameters were very intuitive. I had no idea what I was changing, not to mention it was closed source, so I couldn't even find out that way.

It inspired me enough to fix my Advanced ATB 2 plugin (which I'll probably rename at this point). Here's what's new:

* Fixed all of the timing issues. The ATB bars no longer move at inappropriate times

* Now has a TRUE active/wait system. In Wait mode, nobody makes a move until you've completed your action. This also prevents any skill cancelling I believe. In active mode, the ATB bar moves when an action is being taken, but at a slower rate (75%) than it does normally

* Added a character's agility into my formula. The formula is now:

Base ATB Speed + (AddValue * Agility) * SpeedVar

This gives Agility more of an impact. You can also use turn this off and use the old formula (same thing minus agility).

AddValue is set in the ini, while SpeedVar is a multiplier set in-game. Previously, the AddValue could be pretty high (2500) but now that you have to account for agility, you need to set it to an appropriate amount (I set it to 125 since my game uses agilities between around 10-30. If you set the SpeedVar to a negative variable, the ATB bar will go backwards to 0.

* You can control the ATB bar of any battler via variable. This requires 14 variables (2 for the "Master" variables, 4 heroes and 8 monsters). I'm gonna add some kind of comment command that will let you easily change the ATB speed of a hero/monster based on a condition.

* You can add condition exceptions (like with Corti's plugin)

* You can set Active/Wait via switch (Moved from this plugin)

I'm not sure if it's possible with the current ATB system you've got set up here, or if it'd need a different modification, but here goes:

I would like a linear speed ATB system that functions as follows:
  • The AGI values for every monster/battler in the fight are compared
  • The highest AGI has his/her/its ATB bar fill at 1x speed (given your latest formula quoted agility would be 1).
  • Any monsters/battlers with an AGI of half of the highest, or lower will have their ATB bars fill at 60% of normal speed.
  • Anyone with more than 50% but less than 100% of the highest AGI value would fill at a linear variable rate based on their AGI compared to the highest.

example:
Alex's speed is 100
Duran's speed is 80
Ellie's speed is 40
slime's speed is 65

If the ATB bar takes 15 seconds to fill normally, Alex's bar will fill in 15 seconds. Anyone who has 50% or lower of the AGI of Alex will fill in 9 seconds (60% speed). The remaining speed values in between would fill at a proportional rate, with someone with a 51 speed only getting to act a fraction of a second faster than Ellie, while someone with a 99 speed would act only a fraction of a second slower than Alex. Someone with a 75 speed would act in 12 seconds. Also it'd be perfect if the starting ATB fill value at the beginning of a fight took into account the speed values somehow... Like if the starting value was the character's agility. That way people who have less than half of the highest speed still won't get their turns at the exact same moment unless they have the same agility.

I'd still like to be able to modify the speed value with a haste spell, making the target's ATB fill twice as fast, if possible, but the main thing is some regulation of how fast certain things can move. I don't want to have to limit the maximum agility value that can be used in the game, as the character's stats can be changed via player interaction - but I also don't want someone pumping agility to the point where they can act 10-15 times before the monsters get a chance.

Any chance you can help me out here?

third edit:
also, since I haven't checked it out, or been able to google it successfully, can someone share a link to that corti's ATB plugin? I wanna see if I can use it to do what I want, if possible.
new edit:
I dug up corti's ATB, and it has the same problem - if something has around 30 AGI less than another battler, the faster battler can go twice in the time it takes the slower one to get to go once.

It seems corti's ATB system isn't exactly what I want, but it does appear that I was wrong in my initial judgement of how unbalanced AGI can be in it. I shooped in a player with almost 300 AGI with the group that also contained someone with 80 agi. vs a monster with 30. The guy with 300 got two turns to the 80's every one, but he also got 6 turns to the enemies one. This sort of agility disparity shouldn't actually occur in the game though, so it's workable.

I would definitely prefer to have the balanced linear system I described above though. I might even be willing to toss a few dollars or a steam gift or something someone's way if they're willing to help me out. :)
Hot off the presses!

ATB Overhaul
(formerly Advanced Faster ATB 2)
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/40/locker/battle_atb_overhaul.rar

I'm considering this "beta" for now just in case someone finds an awful stinky bug, although I spent most of yesterday and last night making sure it is bug free, so have at it. :)

Documentation is in the readme.

@Ramza: That's an interesting idea. You might be able to do some of that with my plugin, now that each of the ATB values can be variable controlled.
Just plugged it in and it works awesome. Skill canceling is gone as far as I can see. One question though. Right now, when an ATB bar fills, you're stuck with the character who gets their turn no matter what. Is it possible to scroll through multiple characters like before while in wait mode?

It's not supremely important, but I figure I'd ask.