PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

Yes, it's still possible if more than one character's bar fills up at the same time. I took that out on purpose because I didn't like how enemies could attack you during that time. It's probably why the skill-cancelling bug happens to be honest.

Edit: I can tinker with it some more, and maybe make that a setting. It basically sets the battle speed to 0 at the time the battler's command window is drawn (so, before you actually select someone), but I think I can intercept it at the time the command window is selected too. I'll have to check it out.
Yeah, it's not important. So I'll take what I can get. But if you can work it out, then great. I'll just keep working then. No expectations. Anyway, thanks so far. You've been a massive help. I'm not sure if you realize that, but you have.
author=PepsiOtaku
@Ramza: That's an interesting idea. You might be able to do some of that with my plugin, now that each of the ATB values can be variable controlled.

Hmm. I'll see what I can figure out using the atb variables in your plugin.
I tried out the ATB overhaul plugin, and for some reason it doesn't seem to take effect on the first battle (it appears to use the default ATB formula), but works fine for every battle after that. Assuming that this applies only to the first battle in a new game, I could easily work around it, but I still think it's worth mentioning.
author=AlexanderXCIII
I tried out the ATB overhaul plugin, and for some reason it doesn't seem to take effect on the first battle (it appears to use the default ATB formula), but works fine for every battle after that. Assuming that this applies only to the first battle in a new game, I could easily work around it, but I still think it's worth mentioning.

I have noticed this as well. It has the side effect of causing the plugin to not take effect during test battles. To test how tweaking the numbers affects the game I have to load up a save. Mildly annoying.

edit:

Upon further investigation, this plugin doesn't appear to be functioning at all to change the speed of the ATB system. I have successfully used the ini file to set the system to wait or active, and have observed that part is working, but with MultiplyAgility set to true or false, agility is still factored into the atb bar speed. I tried setting the add value to 1, to see if the system would crawl, with no effect. I also tried setting it to an extremely high value, 30000, to see if that would affect the battle speed - also no effect.
I tested in multiple battles, on a new game, as well as on a save game. I also attempted to set the default hero speed to a negative number, to make the atb bar go backwards, and still saw no change.

second edit:
Even after using the @init_hero_speed command to transfer the -2 speedvar value to the battlers, I still observed no change in battle speed, let alone atb bars going backwards.

third edit:
I think this plugin wasn't what I was really looking for afterall. I didn't realize that it was basically adding extra speed to the default atb bar. I was under the impression that it was just cancelling out the original equation and replacing it with the new formula. The problem I'm dealing with involves the traditional rm2k3 battle system problem - that AGI is way too powerful in battle.
I see now that this plugin was designed to combat the other problem, with the battle system basically crawling with too many battlers/monsters in battle at a given time.

It seems like I need to continue the search for an atb plugin that regulates AGI's value, rather than inflate it even more by factoring it into an extra calculation that increases the bar speed.
@Skie_Fortress: I did look into that timing setting, and apparently you can't freeze the atb bar after the battler has actually selected an action, only after the command window has been drawn. The callbacks I have to use in DynRPG are a little bizarre to be honest. I'm hoping I'll be able to do more in the next update.

@Ramza: For this "first battle" issue, I'm assuming you both mean the first round in a battle, because otherwise that wouldn't make sense due to how it's coded. It would have to be the first round in a battle.

Just add a battle page with Turns Elapsed and add a call for your common event "BATTLE-CondSpeeds" (the one talked about at the bottom of the ini)

author=Ramza
It seems like I need to continue the search for an atb plugin that regulates AGI's value, rather than inflate it even more by factoring it into an extra calculation that increases the bar speed.

You flat out can not replace the existing ATB value with DynRPG (yet). If you want to do that kind of calculation, you should learn C++ and code it yourself!

If you want to heavily rely on Agility, set the AddValue in the ini to 1. That will give you full control to use variables. If you change either of 2 master variables (HeroSpeedMasterVar & MonsterSpeedMasterVar) at any time, it will alter the speed of all battlers. I should probably add this to the ini, but you can't alter the battle speed of a single battler (through a set variable command) randomly in battle. You need to add it as a conditional directly after your "@init_hero_speed" command in your "BATTLE-CondSpeeds" common event instead of my condition check scenario. Maybe place it after your condition checks. It's really up to you, because this plugin gives you full control over this stuff, but it would have to refresh at the beginning of every turn.

Edit: Now that I think about this some more, you can definitely event your ATB scenario using my plugin, but you'll need to do things a little differently. Set "MultiplyAgility" in the ini to false since you won't need it. Then, in your BATTLE-CondSpeeds event (or whatever you want to call it), instead of @init_hero_speed you'll need a bunch of conditionals. First, you need to calculate who has the highest or lowest agility. This can be easily done since you can set a variable to someone's agility. Then, you need to say "if hero1 has the highest agility, set (BattlerStartVar+0) to a multiplier value to represent the highest speed, if hero2 has the highest agility, set (BattlerStartVar+1) to the multiplier... and do this for each hero, and each multiplier. You would also need to know which party member is in which slot. It's not easy, but it can be done.

The idea behind this plugin is that "the world is your oyster." You can basically do whatever the hell you want to with the ATB. And again, this is still in beta, so some stuff still needs to be documented. The plugin itself is solid.
Maybe the documentation was too confusing to me, or left some important steps out, but even by setting the default speedvars to a negative number in the ini I never observed a change in the way the ATB was functioning, when it should've been moving backwards at that point, if I understand what the readme is saying, anyway.

As for learning c++ and coding my own, I've been working on the same rpg maker game for 7 years or more. The gargantuan task of learning a programming language would probably take me until late 2033.

I'll see if I can't fumble around with this until I get it to actually do something.
author=Ramza
Maybe the documentation was too confusing to me, or left some important steps out, but even by setting the default speedvars to a negative number in the ini I never observed a change in the way the ATB was functioning, when it should've been moving backwards at that point, if I understand what the readme is saying, anyway.

You definitely have the wrong setup. Why are you setting the speedvars to a negative value in the ini? Those should just be the variable ID's you're supposed to use. From the readme:

6. Change HeroSpeedMasterVar "4001" to the Variable ID of your choice. This variable controls the Master Speed multiplier gor party members.

7. Change MonsterSpeedMasterVar "4015" to the Variable ID of your choice. This variable controls the Master Speed multiplier for monsters

8. Change BattlerStartVar "4041" to the Variable ID of your choice. 12 variables starting from here will be used for the ATB speed multipliers of individual battlers. The first 4 will be for battlers (4041-4044) while the last 8 will be used for monsters (4045-4052)

Then, assuming you are following the rest of the instructions, add something like
<>Variable Oper: Set, -2

Where "Speed-Hero1" would equal the value of "BattlerStartVar"

Also,

As for learning c++ and coding my own, I've been working on the same rpg maker game for 7 years or more. The gargantuan task of learning a programming language would probably take me until late 2033.

I never understood this excuse. There is nothing stopping you from learning something. It took me a month to learn the basics, but following the tutorials at cplusplus.com, and during that time, I was already coding simple plugins (that I later fixed once I learned better coding techniques).
I meant that I set
; Default multiplier values

DefaultHeroSpeed=3
DefaultMonsterSpeed=3
to be -2 to see if I could observe the plugin doing anything to my battle speed. I wasn't trying to make the system work that way, I was just trying to make it do something that I could see happening.

As I understand it, having a negative value was supposed to make the bars move backwards, as the negation of the formula would subtract from the atb value. I was unable to observe this happening, even after verifying that the individual hero speed variables were all set to -2 as well.

As it turns out though, those values need to be set from WITHIN a battle event in order to take effect. I was setting them prior to battle and they were having no effect, even at insane high values or negative numbers.
Hmmm I never thought about doing that from the ini. That might actually be a bug. I'll have to look into that, but yeah. change those values from in-game instead.
Also, it seems like the default value from the ini is not being set to the proper variables 4001 and 4015. If I put a turn 0 event at the beginning to set those variables to what I set them to in the ini, everything is good, otherwise the default value is 0, which causes only the default atb calculations, which is why we're not seeing it work in test battles or during the first battle of the game, I think.
author=PepsiOtaku
@Skie_Fortress: I did look into that timing setting, and apparently you can't freeze the atb bar after the battler has actually selected an action, only after the command window has been drawn. The callbacks I have to use in DynRPG are a little bizarre to be honest. I'm hoping I'll be able to do more in the next update.

No problem. For all intents and purposes, the issue seems to have to been solved for now anyway. As long as skills aren't canceling I'm good. And they aren't. Anything else can come later.

Thanks a bunch.
Is possible make a script for move the hero without walk?
I wanna say meanwhile you press a key, you can face right, or down, etc

With
move event hero face right, you can make change of direction but pressing right key it also walk.

Why would you want to do that? It might be easier to do it with a parallel process common event.
Every time that Input key is used, the variable change to 0, and wait/or no
the key you press and save the new value.
The Save variable meanwhile press key is totally broken,
isn't something like "I press Enter and every 01s a variable add 1.

So face a direction meanwhile you use only a key is impossible, you have to
use another key for disable the direction fixed, or the same key
pressed one time for fix the direction and another one for disable.

----
You can see how it works in Lufia 2-3-4,
meanwhile you hold R, the hero can face any direction and releasing the key
you can walk normally.

author=gadesx
So face a direction meanwhile you use only a key is impossible, you have to
use another key for disable the direction fixed, or the same key
pressed one time for fix the direction and another one for disable.

I'm having some trouble getting exactly what you're trying to say here, but I can assure that it is very much possible to create an event script which will allow you to only change face direction whilst holding down a button (I have already done this before).

I don't recall exactly how I did it, but you should be able to do this by using two key input processes, (both with wait until key is pressed unchecked). One will be used to check if the button which locks the player is held down, and the other will check for the directional keys. If a directional key is used, you use a move event facing that direction + a wait in the move event commands. If no direction key is used you just use the move command wait.

Once the locking key is released you will also want to make another move event command which is entirely empty. This will erase the tiny delay of the previous wait such that you can move more or less right away.

that's the gist of it anyway. might be details I forgot.
Yesterday I stay up to 3am trying make it work, but have a problem of 2 presses for walk again,
this morning I've finished a way to do it, thanks kazesui for the tips.

I will do a test project for this for anyone that wanna download.
A plugin update is probably overdue. I found a bug with my ATB Overhaul plugin (posted in the previous page), but I'm not totally sure why it occurred yet. I'll try to fix that, and then upload the final version if anyone's using it.

Second, I wrote a new plugin a couple days ago designed to replace the "Enter Hero Name" event command! Using it, you can store 12 (or more) ASCII decimal values into variables, and then pass them to the "Set Hero Name" command. Why 12? Because RPG Maker 2003 allows for 12 ASCII characters in a hero name, but you can technically use more than that. The plugin also supports an additional variable to be used for the hero ID, making Set Hero Name completely dynamic. Using this plugin, you can create your own "enter hero name" screen from scratch, and use ASCII characters you're not normally able to with Enter Hero Name! It works perfectly as designed at the moment, but I'd like to use less variables, so It'll need a little more tweaking.
I think there may be a bug with the Provoke plugin, as someone who is playing and testing my game is saying that he's having issues with the game crashing (apparently it states something about a monster not existing or something, when there's nothing in the monster group event for said monster for another monster). Is it possible there is a bug that if the Provoker is dead and the monster goes to use an attack, the game can crash due to not having the Provoker alive??
Are you using the latest version? Version 2.0 doesn't use variables. Hopefully it's just that, since the code doesn't directly reference a monster's ID anywhere. They are just seen as the "battler" or "target" (so there will always be a monster there).

You might be right about that scenario. I'll look into it later today.