PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

Oh hey, I actually forgot all about this thread lol...can't believe it's been almost a year since you've been doing this x_x;;

Anywho, just thought I poke my head back in and suggest the things I did on page 1 again, if they're still doable. I haven't tested any of the newer stuff (mostly due to not needing them), nor have I tried the new DynRPG (I didn't even know there was a newer one released...I'm afraid of switching mine out due to having the David/Goliath patch on and I don't remember how to set things right), so can't really help with bugs and stuff. ^^;;
author=Milennin
Sure, I'd be interesting in having a look at it once it's ready for release.

Sure, why not:
ATB Patch

If there's something missing or not working again, blame me.

And another bugfix that may be, yet again, out of place in this thread:
download LinkToEventFix

The window with all the commands is now closed correctly when executing a BattleCommand of the archetype "link to event".
Actually, here's something else for you guys to think on!

So, we have Half MP Cost, yes? But say we want One MP Cost, No MP Cost, 1/4 MP Cost, or heck, even Double MP Cost without having to do all the custom coding and stuff for it? Think something like that would be viable? Same thing with say...Double/Half/No EXP or money?
Advanced MP Cost flags for equipment are indeed feasible. (There's just too many places to put the right code into... for now)

I don't quite get the Double/Half/None EXP and money.

Here's something to change the parameters and drops of monsters:
download MonSca(fixed)

BaseValue*[Variable]/1000 (basically: Variable x 0.1%) (...and it remains the default value if VarValue = 0)
dropped Item_ID: BaseValue + Var[1009]
(Var[1009] can be negative. If the resulting ID is negative, then there will be no Item drop.)
(but don't let it result in IDs larger than the last item listed in the database)

Scales linearly by the average levels (of the entire party) when Switch[1001] is ON. (Variable x 0.1% x AvgLevel)
DynRPG.ini
[QuickPatches]
ID-maxHP=4BD776,#1001
ID-maxMP=4BD781,#1002
ID-Str=4BD78C,#1003
ID-Def=4BD797,#1004
ID-Int=4BD7A2,#1005
ID-Agi=4BD7AD,#1006
ID-Exp=4BD7B8,#1007
ID-Gold=4BD7C3,#1008
ID-Item=4BD7CE,#1009
ID-Item%=4BD7DB,#1010
ID(Swi)-LvScale=4BDD0B,#1001
This stuff has to be put under the first [QuickPatches] section in the DynRPG.ini. You can change the IDs by altering the # values. The .ips file goes into the folder DynPatches.

And here's something to control the prices in the default shops:
ShopEconomy
ShopEconomy (direct download)
Buying prices: 100% + Var[3338]%
Selling prices: 50% + Var[3339]%
(Don't forget that the Variable's values can be negative. Though anything below 0% will be put back up to 0%.)

DynRPG.ini
[QuickPatches]
BuyVar=4944D0,#3338
SellVar=4944FA,#3339
SellColor=493337,%0
BuyColor=493341,%0
Think of it this way. In some games, there's abilities that lets you gain double the amount of EXP or money (or equipment that has said abilities), and there are statuses/abilities/equipment that make it so that that character cannot gain any EXP at all. Things like that.

Hm...so how exactly does that scale exactly?? I may have to look at those later on though. o.o

EDIT - Where exactly are these patches at on the pages now? o.o?
author=bugmenot
Advanced MP Cost flags for equipment are indeed feasible. (There's just too many places to put the right code into... for now)

I don't quite get the Double/Half/None EXP and money.

Here's something to change the parameters and drops of monsters:
MonSca Patch
MonSca Patch (direct download)

BaseValue*<Variable>/1000 (basically: Variable x 0.1%) (...and it remains the default value if VarValue = 0)
dropped Item_ID: BaseValue + Var<1009>
(Var<1009> can be negative. If the resulting ID is negative, then there will be no Item drop.)
(but don't let it result in IDs larger than the last item listed in the database)

Scales linearly by the average levels (of the entire party) when Switch<1001> is ON. (Variable x 0.1% x AvgLevel)
DynRPG.ini
ID-maxHP=4BD776,#1001
ID-maxMP=4BD781,#1002
ID-Str=4BD78C,#1003
ID-Def=4BD797,#1004
ID-Int=4BD7A2,#1005
ID-Agi=4BD7AD,#1006
ID-Exp=4BD7B8,#1007
ID-Gold=4BD7C3,#1008
ID-Item=4BD7CE,#1009
ID-Item%=4BD7DB,#1010
ID(Swi)-LvScale=4BDD17,#1001
This stuff has to be put under the <QuickPatches> section in the DynRPG.ini (written betwixt rectangular brackets...). You can change the IDs by altering the # values. The .ips file goes into the folder DynPatches.

And here's something to control the prices in the default shops:
ShopEconomy
ShopEconomy (direct download)
Buying prices: 100% + Var<3338>
Selling prices: 50% + Var<3339>
(Don't forget that the Variable's values can be negative. Though anything below 0% will be put back up to 0%.)

DynRPG.ini
BuyVar=4944D0,#3338
SellVar=4944FA,#3339
SellColor=493337,%0
BuyColor=493341,%0

Is there a way to tweak the 100%/50% ratio instead? I want to make it so items sell for 5x, instead of simply adding a fixed number to the buy or sell price.
...I'll just... blame it on the lack of rectangular brackets. Or the lack of x and %.

Buying prices: ItemPrice x 100% + (ItemPrice x Var[3338]%)
Selling prices: ItemPrice x 50% + (ItemPrice x Var[3339]%)

So you would have to
<> Change Variable: [3338] set 400
And the prices, when buying, would all be (100 + 400)%
Likewise, setting the BuyVar to -90 would result in prices of 1/10th of the ItemPrice.

<> Change Variable: [3339] set 200
Selling at (50 + 200)% of what's set in the database.

edit:
author=Xenomic
there's abilities that lets you gain double the amount of EXP
Individually for each character? (To allow stuff such as "Char#1 gains 150% EXP, Char#2 gains 75% EXP")
Well, I'll just guess that you want to give Equipment (or Skills or whatever) to individual characters, that allows them (and only those who have that gear/ability) to gain more EXP:

download EXPlus(fixed)

Var[3333] = PartySlot #1
Var[3334] = PartySlot #2
Var[3335] = PartySlot #3
Var[3336] = PartySlot #4

EXP gain is 100% + VarValue%. Can be stacked with the one from the MonSca Patch.
An example:
<> Change Variable: [3336] set -50
The fourth member in the party gains only 50% of the dropped EXP.

DynRPG.ini
[QuickPatches]
EXPVar=499CD2,#3333
EXPVar_ID and the three successive Var_IDs are affected when changing #3333.

DynRPG only recognizes the first section called [QuickPatches] in the DynRPG.ini and ignores additional ones. So everything labeled QuickPatch has to be grouped together.)
Yes, something like that. For instance, say you have a party of Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus. Only Cloud has the EXP Booster, which would give him double EXP after battles. Therefore, only he would get the double EXP bonus.

So yes, tied to equipment/abilities (or you can think of it as like...while EXP Booster is equipped, Cloud is given the Double EXP status and while he has that status, he'll gain double EXP. Something to that extent.

(There's a few more extreme versions I can think of too. For example, say you have a specific character in the party, and while that character is in the party alive, the entire party would gain double EXP, but that's a more extreme example).

Or, say a monster inflicts the Virus status on Cloud (no Double EXP bonus here, or you can even say he HAS Double EXP as well). While Cloud has the Virus status, he would not gain any EXP after battles (the status would have to last after battle until cured of course).

This is similar to the whole Double Money/Half Money/No Money thing I mentioned earlier. As well as the whole Double MP Cost/No MP Cost/One MP Cost/etc.

For a more specific example, let's look at Final Fantasy VI. In this game, there is an accessory called the Growth Egg. While the character equipped with it is in the party and alive at the end of the battle, that character will gain double EXP. Likewise, while a character is equipped with the Cat-Ear Hood, the player would gain double the money at the end of battle.

Likewise, in Final Fantasy VI, there is an accessory called the Celestriad, that while equipped, would reduce the MP costs of that character's spells to 1 (in Final Fantasy X and other games, some abilities/items would give the characters the Spellspring status, which made it so that the abilities would cost 0 MP instead).

Hopefully that makes more sense? ^^;
author=Xenomic
Hopefully that makes more sense?
Yes, that's what I have based the EXPlus Patch on. (individual EXP boosters)
MonSca on the other hand was designed to allow a quick change in difficulty settings mid-game (or doing common-to-rare drop tables by changing the dropped Item_IDs ... or while reducing the party's max.HP / other stats, by using event commands, to make battles riskier yet more rewarding with heigthened drop rates, rare loot, money, EXP).

You can query the Item_IDs of things that are equipped on a character (using <Variable Operations> ...or the second page of the <Conitional Branch>) and set the value of Var[333x] accordingly. (such as +100 if the 'EXP x2 ring' is equipped)

For something like 0% EXP you'd have to call a CommonEvent and test if a character is afflicted with the curse / no EXP status (second page of the <Conitional Branch>) and set Var[333x] to -100.
So it'd be something like

Common Event: EXP x2 Ring

If Cloud EXP x2 Ring Equipped
Var{3333} +100
Else
End

Something like that, I'd assume? Likewise with the No EXP status (but in reverse obviously)?

On topic of the MonSca: Hm...that's rather interesting. In a way, it's kinda like Final Fantasy VIII's level up system, yes? Or like...The World Ends with You?

EDIT - Thinking on that now...if that's the way to do it, then...how will it make absolute sure that it's giving it to the RIGHT character (as per the above example?). For instance, say Cloud has the EXP Ring x2 accessory on, but isn't in the party, or isn't in slot #1 at all? Will it still give it to him properly?
author=Xenomic
So it'd be something like...
Exactly.

author=Xenomic
MonSca... it's kinda like Final Fantasy VIII's level up system, yes?
I think. Although This patch has a linear progression, whereas the stats of the Heroes have a curved progression (in the databse).
Item_IDs are an exception and are not scaled by the average levels.
It can also be used while Switch[1001] is OFF for self-made stat progression or quick&dirty difficulty settings: NORMAL with all variables set to 0, EASY with setting monster HP/MP to 50% and the rest of the stats to 75% (and raising drop rates to non-frustrating numbers) and such.

Edit:
Now that you've mentioned FF8's leveling system, there's a QuickPatch that can be put into the DynRPG.ini that allows to have a set amount of EXP for each level up:
DynRPG.ini
ExpLine(regular)=4B6C02,9090
ExpLine(JobClass)=4B6C6D,9090
...this will take the amount that is needed to reach level 2 (database, Set Experience Curve) and use it for each successive level.
EXP(next Lv) = (current Lv) x EXP(Lv 2)

I noticed that the LevelScaling did not work properly:
download MonSca(fixed)
Replace the old patch with this one. Sorry for the trouble.
ID(Swi)-LvScale=4BDD0B,#1001
...has to be changed into this, too.

author=Xenomic
Or like...The World Ends with You?
If there's something like a 'ring of luck' that raises drop rates by 150% and let's say Item#1 has a drop rate of 50% and Item#2 has 10%
<> Change Variable: [1010] set 1500
...would multiply each and every drop rate by 1.5 resulting in Item#1 dropping at a rate of 75% and Item#2 at 15%.

...the idea of changing the type of item dropped by use of Var[1009] would require to either scale ALL droprates downwards (when allowing the chance of dropping better stuff) or keep the current drop rate. (TWEWY had drop tables bound to difficulty, but those drops had their own drop percentage.)

I know where to inject the code to allow proper drop tables, to easily set as many Item_IDs with corresponding Drop% as one desires. But that would require me to learn some C++ and put all that stuff into a plugin.
So don't get your hopes up too high in me.

author=Xenomic
How will it make absolute sure that it's giving it to the RIGHT character?
Oh right, there was this abominable Order function in the menu...
You would have to track your use of the <Change Party> event command.

PartySlot#1 is the uppermost person in the esc menu and PartySlot#4 is at the bottom.

Is there a function in DynRPG to get the Hero_ID from each PartySlot?
Something along the lines of:
input query'd PartySlot
RPG::inventory = (**reinterpret_cast<RPG::Inventory ***>(0x4CDB74))
compare input with value at output array +4
if above -> return zero (party too small)
else -> decrement input by 1 input into RPG::Battler
get value at output array +4 (= Hero_ID)
Sorry, I'm used to bits & bytes...
author=bugmenot
Is there a function in DynRPG to get the Hero_ID from each PartySlot?
Something along the lines of:
input query'd PartySlot
RPG::inventory = (**reinterpret_cast<RPG::Inventory ***>(0x4CDB74))
compare input with value at output array +4
if above -> return zero (party too small)
else -> decrement input by 1 input into RPG::Battler
get value at output array +4 (= Hero_ID)

Sorry, I'm used to bits & bytes...

Mm...I'm not sure on that one. I'd assume there would be, but I'd think Pepsi or Cherry would know that one more...I'm going to assume that's going to be the last hurdle in the EXPPlus plugin. x_x;;
Hmm... yeah I know, that there is an easy way to put all that stuff with the PartySlot into a Plugin... but I kinda can't get all that compiler stuff set up correctly.

So I'll... do what I know (oh, just the little stuff I know):

download EXPlus[+](fixed)

This replaces EXPlus. Everything mentioned for EXPlus still applies (such as the variables and where to change the Var_IDs). EXPPlusPlusPatch (or EXPlus[+] for short) allows you to get the PartySlot of a Hero when using the event command <ConditionalBranch> when testing for 'Hero: Is in the Party' (second page of the conditions) into Var[3332]. That variable outputs 1-4 when he/she is in the Party and zero when not.

Also, the Var_ID can be changed:
[QuickPatches]
EXPVar[+]=4B06B8,#3332
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
My friend has problem with developing 2k3 game. Can you help him out?
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/15123/
Here's one for ya, something that can't be done normally because 2k3. Making various ways to counter. For example:

1) Counter: If target takes damage from a physical attack, counter with a physical attack (or in the enemy's case, perhaps even a specific ability). This can also extend to an enemy countering specific commands/elements/whatever, as well as perhaps even the ally (for example, having a skill that gives a counter effect whenever attacked by a Fire-elemental attack or some such).

2) Magic Counter: This one's more trickier, but same dealio as Counter but with magic.

3) Evade & Counter: Probably not doable, seeing as I don't think there's a way to tell if someone dodges or not.

This is all assuming that this is doable though. For instance, making sure that a Counter doesn't infinitely loop other Counters...
I've tried coding counter in the past, but it's very difficult. I have seriously spent days trying to get counter to work. I hit a huge wall, namely with the exception of the reflect flag, you can't have 2 actions in one turn. Reflect only works with skills, which is a different action classification. When you try to force a second action, you're basically recursively making the action within the previous action, which could loop and crash. I've written some workarounds for it with some boolean values, but it's very wonky. I got a lot of weird behavior.

Additionally, Just because you get it to work in a Monster to Hero scenario, it's not necessarily going to work the other way around. You have to write different logic for that.

So in short: Hell to-the no. Battle-related plugins are hell, so you probably wont' see those form me very often. You're welcome to learn C++ and try for yourself though. :)

@Rave: That's an interesting idea that your friend brought up. It's probably possible and should be relatively easy, so I'll try to code it. How I'll probably do it is to store the variable, parse out the item/skill description, and replace it every time the menu is called. I should have some time next week to try it out.
Yeah, I figured that one was going to be far worse than the Provoke one you did a long time ago. ^^;;
Personally, I'd just kill for a demo of the save/load menu
Echoing what a person said earlier in the posts..
Really wanna do a custom save/load menu but it seems really complicated.
I'm one of those people who learns things by playing with a project with the coding done.

Or like the person who doesnt read the instructions to using a remote and just uses the remote.

Not saying I dont read instructions to do things on rpg maker .