TREASURE CHEAT, OR NO TREASURE CHEST, THAT IS THE QUESTION.

Pages: first prev 12 last
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Mimics are the scariest freakin' thing in the world.

I liked Earthbound's presents though. I like the idea that someone just gift-wrapped a bunch of stuff and left it strewn about throughout the world. Probably Brick Road, he seemed like a nice guy.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm using toolboxes instead of chests.

Having stuff lying around doesn't bother me, it makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense to me is all the stuff lying around that you can't get.

Like, in this Suikoden 2 screenshot, you can pick up this rune because it's in a treasure chest... but there are twelve shields, twelve swords and five suits of armor sitting right behind it that you can't get?

I'm not saying I don't do this in my games also. I totally do the same thing. It's inevitable any time the player is exploring a non-ruined building, especially an enemy stronghold. I don't know a solution to it that doesn't involve either making the area look boring as hell, or giving the player a hundred and fifty swords to pick up as they storm the castle.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Personally, one of my pet peeves about playing RPGs are those unreachable teaser chests!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=edchuy
Personally, one of my pet peeves about playing RPGs are those unreachable teaser chests!

Are they unreachable, or just big teasers that you have to return to later?
meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
@LockeZ then give all of those items to the player, but sign them as worn items that dose not worth much, It dose not make sense that your equipment is weaker than your enemy and you can beat hundreds of them with no effort.

see Risen for example, enemy drop whatever item they wear, although you can't take off your enemies armor (witch make sense to me since armor must fit your body, or you can say its not a moral thing to take a dead body clothes) you can take a lot of weapons, shields and such things from them it also had infinite inventory space. In oblivion you even get all of enemy items even their armor, but in oblivion you had a limited inventory space
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=slashphoenix
Are they unreachable, or just big teasers that you have to return to later?

The ones that are unreachable. It feels as if somebody is taunting me from afar ...

I don't mind even empty chests or chests you have to return later to, although these latter ones I can easily forget where they were located.
Pages: first prev 12 last