XP BATTLE EVEN TIMING

Pages: 1
Battle events in XP set to "Turn" triggers after commands have been selected, but before they are carried out. This is the worst possible time for them to trigger since that means the player can't react to what happens. Is there a way to change when they run? Either before commands are selected or after all actions are carried out would be great.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I can't remember whether battle event processing is done by RGSS; if it is you should be able to edit the scripts such that they're processed earlier or later.

Edit: Looking at VX, it's done via a call to process_battle_event in the update method of Scene_Battle. I don't have a copy of XP on this laptop but I assume it's done via a similar call.

Edit the second: Interesting observation - process_battle_event in VX is called both before actions are processed and after.
Yeah in VX it's called before and after, sort of-- only one is called depending on the state of the "End of Turn"/"When the end of turn" checkbox. This way you can have one for before the turn and one for after...pretty awesome.

As for XP. The method you're looking for is named "setup_battle_event". I can try to whip something up later, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
author=MakoInfused
Yeah in VX it's called before and after, sort of-- only one is called depending on the state of the "End of Turn"/"When the end of turn" checkbox. This way you can have one for before the turn and one for after...pretty awesome.

As for XP. The method you're looking for is named "setup_battle_event". I can try to whip something up later, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thank you, I managed to solve the problem with your help. Or I think I have since I haven't had time to test if there's any bug with my solution. If anyone else wonders, I can post the exact solution.
Alright, cool! Saves me the effort. If you have bugs feel free to post it-- I can help sort that out for you.
Pages: 1