WHY ISN'T THERE AN E3 TOPIC?

author=Sailerius
author=kentona
online multiplayer will still be free... just not on the PS4 or Xbone.

Choose your system wisely.
There are other consoles with online multiplayer?
Off the top of my head...

Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PC
author=kentona
author=Sailerius
author=kentona

There are other consoles with online multiplayer?
Off the top of my head...

Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PC

And that's just for home consoles.
author=Sana
My dream:

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the dragon
Rayman
Yuri Volte Hyuga, and Alice Elliot from Shadow Hearts
Ryu, Nina, Momo, Peco, Garr, Teepo, Rei, and Myria from Breath of Fire(They're all from BoF III..but it's really the only one I've played all the way through so I know it better than the other four BoF games~)
Spike from Ape Escape
Sweet Tooth
"Any" character from Gauntlet; Red Warrior, the Jester etc.
Maximilian and Monica from Dark Cloud 2
Megaman and Zero
Sieg Warheit from Chaos Legion
Dante and Vergil from DMC
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil
Mario and Luigi (Can't "not" include these two..I mean come on.. xD)
Dart, Rose, Meru, Lavitz (or Albert), Shana (or Miranda), Kongol, Haschel, and Lloyd from Legend of Dragoon
Isaac, Felix, and Matthew from Golden Sun
Zidane Tribal, and Vivi from Final Fantasy IX
Samanosuke Akechi from Onimusha
Ratchet and Clank
Maximo
Link
Fayt Leingod, and Albel Nox(Cause he's friggin' awesome) from Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
Sora, and Riku from Kingdom Hearts
Cress Albane from Tales of Phantasia
Senel Coolidge from Tales of Legendia

And, last but least..the almighty warrior from Skyrim: The Dragonborn/Dovaahkin!

Yeah, all of those fine gentleman and ladies from all of those games together fighting each other. Can you imagine it? The fandomness levels.. (Lol, a lot were left out of the list..mostly because it's ones that "I" specifically want to see, or else I'd include Master Chief, Commander Shephard, or anyone else~ :3)

Now, someone make it happen..damn the copyrights! xD

*Whispers*
Inb4 Ryu evolves into Kaiser and win every fight, maybe Yuri can stop him...maybe.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
author=kentona

It's been stated that some games will not require plus if the reason not to have it is reasonable. For example, pay to play mmos will be exempt from requiring plus.
<FinalDragon> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/what-it-does - Note where the gaming section is on this page
<DonKentona> for a second there I was starting to believe there wasn't going to be one
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members

I know that "what about people in the military?" has been brought up a few times, but it was never very specific on how the xbone designs impacted their ability to play gams.

(I know it looks like I am ragging on the xbone, but its like shooting fish in a barrel. also, I think the xbone looks pretty cool - however I am in their target demographic, so that makes sense. Also, I dont have a 360 or Kinect, so the system still has novelty to me)
I'm glad that my interest in gaming is gone these days. I don't have to make a tough decision between worse and worser. I don't like the direction Sony and MS is going. I might even get a WiiU just for Smash Bros. Now that I have a decent PC, I have access to the world of PC gaming.

The future looks bleak.

The one thing that sucks about PS+, on the PS3 anyways, is that when your subscription runs out you can't play all those free games you got.

About Smash character wishlists...nonsense! Smash has always been about Nintendo characters battling it out. Off the top of my head, Sonic is the only one that is really out of place, but some of his newer games are on Nintendo systems. If you're going to wish, at least be sensible and pick characters with some link to Nintendo.

I just hope that online battles in the new smash aren't as laggy as brawl was. I wonder if Megaman will be top tier. He kinda looks like he will be.
author=Link_2112
About Smash character wishlists...nonsense! Smash has always been about Nintendo characters battling it out. Off the top of my head, Sonic is the only one that is really out of place, but some of his newer games are on Nintendo systems. If you're going to wish, at least be sensible and pick characters with some link to Nintendo.

author=kentona
The roster is too big as it is. I would cut it down to 20 or 22.

Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Link
Fox
Pikachu
Samus
Yoshi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Zelda
Peach
Ike
Pit
Meta Knight
Sonic
Megaman
Simon Belmont
Master Higgins
Bomberman
I wasn't talking about yours. You've got the right idea. Belmont and Bomberman would make cool characters, but reducing the character roster is not the right idea! I mean, what would be the downside of having more characters?
author=Link_2112
I wasn't talking about yours. You've got the right idea. Belmont and Bomberman would make cool characters, but reducing the character roster is not the right idea! I mean, what would be the downside of having more characters?
Bloat! Balance! Samey-ness!

Same reason why you don't throw every RPG feature ever into a single game - it starts losing focus.

Also, I would include Captain N as a bonus character.
But RPG elements can't be ignored. Bad fighters can be.

The way Smash plays, there is very little samey-ness between characters. Except in Melee with Roy/Marth, Cpt Falcon/Ganon. With brawl there is very little samey-ness between any characters. I imagine they know to avoid that now. I find that Smash games have the most diversity between characters, even though all the moves are performed the same way. The nuances of those moves and speed/weight of the characters makes it very deep.

With fighters, more choice is always better. In characters and levels. Speaking of which, I hope they go nuts with tons more levels and not get all gimmicky. The tournament friendly levels are always very lacking. 5/25 isn't good.

Captain N would be awesome. ZZZZZap!
I hope they kept the level builder, and expanded it! (with themes for one!)
K-hos
author=kentona
author=Link_2112
Bloat! Balance! Samey-ness!

Same reason why you don't throw every RPG feature ever into a single game - it starts losing focus.

Also, I would include Captain N as a bonus character.

They don't need to balance characters from the previous games since they are already balanced.
They just have to make sure their algorithms are the same as the previous games.

If anything I would like a better stage editor, which I haven't heard anything about yet.
I a bit uneasy about the level editor coming back... when Sakurai was asked if there was one, he said "no comment", that could mean anything, but don't get I wouldn't get my hopes up...
author=kentona
I hope they kept the level builder, and expanded it! (with themes for one!)

I really never used the level builder in Brawl, so I don't really care if they take it out for Smash 4.

But then again, now that Megaman's in, I honest don't care what Sakurai and his boys do from this point onwards; they already made me a happy camper, and that's all I want; couldn't ask for anything more.
K-hos
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

So basically microsoft is trying to cut down on all the shit they set up.

Even though they have spent a few weeks proclaiming how grate and important it is.
author=K-hos
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/So basically microsoft is trying to cut down on all the shit they set up.

Even though they have spent a few weeks proclaiming how grate and important it is.

Well, that's just a rumor, but we can only hope...
K-hos
author=seacliff217
author=K-hos
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/So basically microsoft is trying to cut down on all the shit they set up.

Well, that's just a rumor, but we can only hope...

Not a rumor anymore! http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

This however, does not change my opinion of them, since they clearly showed what they want to happen. And excluding japan and other game devs from their console isn't helping my opinion of them either.
"Now they should call it the Xbox 180." - random commenter on the internet.

Laughed :)
Yes, yes they should.
Note that this also seems to remove all the positive sides of the previous system. Where you could download the game to any xbox without requiring the disc. The wording on it also seems sort of "damn you, you don't know what's best for you" and it also seems to suggest that buying games digitally is going to be the way they want the games to be bought. (and on that front it seems improved. No online requirements (past downloading the game) and all the previous upsides (games tied to your account and downloadable anywhere).)