[DYNRPG] MULTIPLE EQUIP REQUEST

Pages: 1
Hey there cool coders of that coding variety.

Think someone can give me a hand trying to make a DynRPG plug in that lets me carry two accessories. Like getting rid of the 5th equip slot and having only the 4th equip slot be in both the current and the fifth slot? Sorta like having two Relics to equip in FF6.

I hope I explained that correctly, but is there any plug in or something that can do that? D:
This would be amazingly awesome, just to put my two cents worth out there. I'd TOTALLY use something like this, if it were at all possible. A second accessory/relic slot would be DEADLY! =B
There's no way to detect individual menu options yet in DynRPG, but apparently Cherry is adding support for it. I don't know how to do this myself, but he could probably write you a patch in 5 minutes that copies the hex code for the "Accessory" option into the "Helmet" space, so you end up with 2 identical slots.
That would be ideal, but knowin' Cherry he's probably busy with coding a lot of other stuff, so it's just a matter of waiting I guess. thanks

Btw, did a review on your game today. :P
Probably not 5 minutes because it wouldn't solve the problem that the editor is not aware of this change and wouldn't let you assign accessories to the helmet slot even when the player himself would be able to do that in the Equip menu due to the patch.
author=J-Man
Btw, did a review on your game today. :P

Just read it! Thanks! I'll comment about it shortly.

author=Cherry
Probably not 5 minutes because it wouldn't solve the problem that the editor is not aware of this change and wouldn't let you assign accessories to the helmet slot even when the player himself would be able to do that in the Equip menu due to the patch.

Comment made in jest. :) You bring up a great point though. You would first have to start your character off without an accessory. The other issue would be that if you had 2 accessory slots that were basically the same code, you would need still need the extra code to make one of them unique so that you don't see 2 of the same accessory (imagine changing one slot and seeing the accessory in both slots). 2k3 wouldn't notice the difference otherwise. The other issue is the ordering. Say your top slot was "Acessory1" and your bottom slot was "Acessory2" then when you used an event command to equip an accessory, it would probably go into slot 2 instead of slot 1, so that would have to be part of the logic. Interesting!

An easy solution of course would be to make 2 kinds of accessory categories (Accessories & Rings or something). You could just rename Helm to your second accessory type and wouldn't require any plugins or patches.

On the patch-side, the idea was just changing the code so the "Helmet" slot in the Equip menu filters the item list for Accessories, not Helmets. This would allow you to select two accessories, similar to the "Two Weapons" setting. No problem there. Every hero has 5 equipment slots which just store the item ID, everything else is list filtering in the Equip menu and in the comboboxes in the editor.
@Cherry - Yeah, that was the kind of the idea I was thinking about, having something similar like the Two Weapons, but for Two Accessories instead.
It'd have to replace some other combobox, like maybe Hero AI (since I dunno a single person that uses that). Since not every character needs a double relic setup, but the hero could use one.
Pages: 1