EXPORTING WINDOW CONTENTS TO TEXT FILE

Pages: 1
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Is there a way to take the text in a message window in ACE and export it to a .txt file in the game's main directory? This would be very helpful on something I am doing, but I am not sure how to go about doing that.
Sure is, you can learn how to do that from the help file. Just look up info about how to script using the "File" module. Also, you can read about it here: http://ruby-doc.org/core-1.9.3/File.html.

If you don't know how to how to script, I can make a simple little snippet. However, you'll need to give me more info, such as: do you want the script to output all message window texts or just a specific one?
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am not the best scripter, and if you are confident enough to offer a snippet, then I would be happy to accept! I would greatly appreciate it if it was just a specific window.

Thank you very much!
Alright, a specific window. I can do that, but first-- why not just copy and paste this into where ever you want it to go? The script will be more effective if I understand the purpose, then perhaps I can offer an even better solution.

I'll get started on this as soon as you answer that for me. You're welcome!
Pages: 1