METAL GEAR SOLID 4

Pages: 1
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Now that I`ve beaten MGS4, and all that, why don`t we discuss any confusions you`re still having. Perhaps I or someone else can help you along. For anyone that`s beat the game completely, knows that all the questions have been answered.
I`m kind of having trouble not saying anything spoilerish here, so I`ll end this post with a general question:

How did MGS4 affect your Psyche?
*Runs away*

I'll check back whenever I beat the game, just started.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is my favorite video game.

However the ridiculous amount of Deus Ex Machina (all of it nanomachine-related) made me want to kill myself.
author=brandonabley link=topic=1365.msg20793#msg20793 date=1213921554
W....What about Dragon Quest 8. I thought that was your favorite.
Has it been trumped?

I really can't contribute much since I don't have a PS3. From what I've heard though, this game might even beat GTA4 for game of the year. Now that would be something.
author=brandonabley link=topic=1365.msg20793#msg20793 date=1213921554

I wouldn't call it my favourite video game but it was pretty cool. I haven't had much time to play it though.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Neophyte link=topic=1365.msg20800#msg20800 date=1213925290
I really can't contribute much since I don't have a PS3. From what I've heard though, this game might even beat GTA4 for game of the year. Now that would be something.
I hope not, Grand Theft Auto IV is fucken awesome.. I'm not really into Metal Gear Solid, I just don't see how people can take the games seriously. Gameplay is alright though.
Dudesoft
author=Tau link=topic=1365.msg20843#msg20843 date=1213960304
I hope not, Grand Theft Auto IV is fucken awesome.. I'm not really into Metal Gear Solid, I just don't see how people can take the games seriously. Gameplay is alright though.

GTAIV is a better Game. I've always enjoyed MGS' gameplay, but I'm always drawn in by the movie-esque quality story. Even when it's being 'fucked up' like in MGS2, it was fucked up in a funny way. Then, when you boil it down, you see that all the lies, tricks, doops, and misleading plot points are resolved in the end with a new storyline twist that makes sense. After playing MGS4, I have to say, there is nothing anyone could complain about in the series now; since it was all resolved.
Spoiler...
My favourite parts were the Metal Gear REX gameplay, the end battle between Snake and Ocelot, all the humour surrounding Old Snake's aging process, and the Shadow Moses map. That was amazing. I explored every inch of it.
W....What about Dragon Quest 8. I thought that was your favorite.
Has it been trumped?

Yes. Jesus man MGS4 is so good. Someday I will explain in a novel-length essay because in my opinion MGS4 is not only better, but more important than other video games.
I just wanted to say one thing.

I played this game metal gear solid for the Playstation way back, fun game but I had no idea what the fuck was going with the story it seemed so complex and annoying that I gave up on ever understanding it.

Then I see an American commercial for Metal Gear Solid 4 and freaking summed up the whole story for me in 30 seconds. So this guy his metal gear (all of the worlds nukes) in his control and only snake, from the same soldier program can stop these guy's evil intentions?

Trust me, it's Metal Gear Solid, so it's WAAAAYYYY more complicated than that.
Dudesoft
author=Xeno|Soft link=topic=1365.msg21996#msg21996 date=1214545655
Then I see an American commercial for Metal Gear Solid 4 and freaking summed up the whole story for me in 30 seconds. So this guy his metal gear (all of the worlds nukes) in his control and only snake, from the same soldier program can stop these guy's evil intentions?

It's a little more complicated than that, but yes.
***SPOILER***
The series' hero Solid Snake returns for his fourth canon game appearance, to thwart a villain who has tainted history since the late 50's. Said villain is trying to control the world through the secret government super-computers and their subsequent control over the guns and soldiers of the entire world via nanomachine gargon.
It's sounds insane, but this game makes the most sense of all Metal Gear games and explains "good enough" "scientific" reasons for all the crazy bullshit that happened beforehand. (minus ESP and spirit mediums)
The entire time, our poor clone hero is aging rapidly and only has a short time to live. To make things worse, he's a ticking biological timebomb.
The atmosphere, music, graphics, and gameplay make this game enjoyable if you decide to skip the cutscenes too. All in all the best MG yet.

If you're not a fan of Metal Gear by now, then chances are you will have a slightly hard time keeping up with who is who and what is what. It's not impossible, though you'll have to pay closer attention.
I feel like going back and playing all the games, but I remember how long it took me...I still might because its summer, but I don't have much time to do things like I use too.

Anyway, it doesn't matter all to much since I don't really play video games, I don't even own a console, so :P
author=Xeno|Soft link=topic=1365.msg22375#msg22375 date=1214776423
I don't even own a console, so :P

:o :o :o :o
Dudesoft
lol, Demon it isn't that baffling. Life would be simpler if none of us found a controller. It's called Controller for a reason. The Patriots designed it that way, to dominate you into a vegitative state where they can feed you secret codes that will empower the gamers to one day unite as the Patriot army. Ah, yeah. Sorry, I'm tired.
Pages: 1