OBSORBER BISH BASHES THE BEST RPG MAKER GAMES

Pages: 1
Basically this thread is just to review the best RPG Maker Games. I don't have the best recorder but my aim is to review and do some lets try videos on what the community would regard as the best games in RPG Maker. I am starting with Vacant Sky which I would regard as one of the most favored games in the community. By "Bish Bashing" its a slang term for me comically spotting the flaws with the game but I hope the developers don't take it too personally. Now I will also take what the community say into hand about what they regard as the best rpg maker games which need a bit of bish bashing. Leave your posts, I'm curious what you think and what games you think are popular enough to get a review. Also I will be taking some requests for games I think are good enough to be reviewed. If your game is of good quality then feel free to request a bashing review. So first up is:
-Vacant Sky
Lets try Vacant Sky Part 1

Lets try Vacant Sky Part 2
You haven't earned it.
No offense but I doubt anybody on this site could "comically" spot the flaws with something. Also,
author=Jude
You haven't earned it.
author=Jude
You haven't earned it.

Earned what exactly? Is there a system of "street cred" I was not made aware of when I signed up for these forums?

Ok Obsorber here is the issue I have with your videos and I'm going to keep the criticism constructive.

-You are hard to understand, you need to tweak your microphone settings so that you are clearer, and have less background noise.
-Run the game audio through audacity or some similar program so that we can get full game audio.
-Don't read the Text of the characters... just... don't.
-This wasn't very... comical, I think that instead of presenting yourself as a comical reviewer, you should instead just well... review them.
author=DrMadFellow
-This wasn't very... comical, I think that instead of presenting yourself as a comical reviewer, you should instead just well... review them.

I agree with this. I watched through most of the 1st video, and the commentary was neither funny, nor critiquing the game. It was only praising how good the game is and reading the character dialogue out loud. If the bashing is supposed to start in part 3 out however many you're going to make, that's taking way too long to get to the part that you're advertising on doing for your videos here.
On top of bad recording quality, it doesn't make for a very entertaining experience.
I don't mind the idea of LP-/LT'ing the best RM games. I also don't mind pointing out the flaws when you see them. However, I think the idea that people should suggest games "which need a bit of bish bashing" is a problem. Regardless of what you say the purpose is, anytime someone else than the author suggests a game, there's a chance that person simple has a problem with the game. This makes the mere act of suggesting a game risky if you care about what other people think of you.
Taking the critic to hand you are all right and I agree. The quality for my recording is incredibly poor. So maybe I shouldn't bother then...
I noticed the quality by the 3rd upload when I was playing my recording so I thought I'd at least finish it off. I done some bashing on Lunar Wish which has a lot less blabber and more criticism. If I do continue, the next one I make will be bashing but a little positive criticism to end the game. This is not a hate page, more like spot the negatives of some of the better rpg maker games.
well you know reviewing of any kind is just +++ for the community, so thumbs up for that.

i vote for THE classic, A Blurred Line.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=DrMadFellow
Is there a system of "street cred" I was not made aware of when I signed up for these forums?

arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Makerscore is only for show. The real rating system is only visible to the highest masters of Rmnism.
how do you earn makerscore anyway? (probably not for asking something that i could find in a minute or 2 from board rules..)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
making shit.
The more games you make. The more images you show based on your skills gives you more maker score. Kind of like shows how much experience you have in this community with game development and its visual proof because of the content shown in your games and the development portrayed.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
author=0range00
how do you earn makerscore anyway? (probably not for asking something that i could find in a minute or 2 from board rules..)

Not quite. I just found it yesterday myself (you can easily search for it or find a link to it was included in the New to RMN? article):

Makerscore
Getting a microphone/headset is no sweat - should be able to find a basic one for $10 at any computer-related store.
Pages: 1