STEAM VX ACE GIVEAWAY - PART 3 (SPRITE CHALLENGE) - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Pages: first prev 12 last
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Now we have a competition! Link that new avatar of yours is making me lose perspective (I'm dizzy!) and for you, giaks it's To Infinity and Beyond.
Mine was more for fun than anything, but here it is:

Name: Mystery Owl

Mysterious owl with near unlimited magical potential. A powerful adversary despite its unfocused appearance, the sphere on the end of its tail channels its magic so that it's safe to be used on allies. Has an overwhelming light aura to it. Good at gathering a group of lesser monsters to sacrifice for magical power. Can only be defeated with attacks that simultaneously lower max HP. Tends to be slower due to it constantly calculating its next move.

Spells/Techniques

Fog - Make physical attacks useless and heighten all magic for the mysterious owl and the party.

Forest fire - Inflict burns on all units and inflict massive damage to party.

Tsunami Panic - Attack all units with water damage save for the mysterious owl.

Sacrificial Bolt - Attack an enemy unit for massive lightning damage at the cost of one of mysterious owl's allies.

Sacrificial Blaze - Attack an enemy unit for massive fire damage at the cost of one of mysterious owl's allies.

Sacrificial Tundra - Attack an enemy unit for massive ice damage at the cost of one of mysterious owl's allies.

Special Property:

The Above - Heals mysterious owl quicker than most damage can be inflicted.
Actually, this one is to fish. But still count as an enemy/monster, non?

Name: Finguy
Fish of a man's face

A kind of freshwater fish(?) which dwells in depths of cavern waters of Nusakana Island. They're docile in nature. In fact, they're dignified even compared to humans. People freak out as they speak in human tongue... and see them have a human face. No one knows why these lovecraft abominations even exist. Maybe the old Elvan magic did something to them? Their meat flavor resembles closely to human flesh... Eww...

As dignified as they are, they love pisces delicacies like other fishes do. But they demand a real high class meal, as they are picky gourmets. Once they find it, they cannot resist to get it, getting hooked or not.

They have low stamina, but they're still very smart to outwit their fisher. One slip and they'll escape for good, savoring their high class bait.

Techniques:
Quick Pulls: Strongly pulls the hook in rhythmic intervals. Worth for their low stamina to break the line considerably.

Pull!: The classic pulling as the other fishes do. They have a considerable power despite they tire easily. Weak rods beware.

L'astuce pour échapper: Submit to their reeler's power. But actually, they're working to release the hook from themselves. Miss your timing for this and you'll lose both the finguy and your exquisite bait. They're intelligent indeed.

Inspired by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyocvH1bmrw (The video can melt your face, as it warns you)
ANNOUNCEMENT: I am extending the deadline to August 6th @ Noon Saskatchewan Time (UTC -6).

When I first made the deadline decision, I didn't know that Friday was a "floater" holiday at the place that I work, thus I am forced to take a vacation day, and that means I will be home with my family and unable to run the raffle. Monday is also a statuary holiday (in Canada! or at least in Saskatchewan...) so that moves this back to Tuesday August 6th. So we have an extra weekend for more submissions.

Sorry for the late notice.
author=kentona
unable to run the raffle.

But this was supposed to be a vote.
author=Link_2112
author=kentona
unable to run the raffle.
But this was supposed to be a vote.
I meant vote. I won't be around to set up the poll or give out the prize or manage it or anything.
Since the deadline is going to be extended, maybe we could post something up on the events page? I don't really know how the events page works, maybe a badge needs to be offered to qualify to get up there? Anyway maybe it would grant larger exposure now that the contest is no longer on the 'What's Buzzing' section of the front page and has been extended a bit.

I do think it's a good idea to extend it, I'd love to see more submissions, so far the ones we have are really good. I was thinking about submitting one or two more battlers, I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to put on the shield of one...maybe if we get more entries.
If I do contribute my enemy sprite will be hand drawn/colored and scanned. That is allowed right?

Also I may have accidentally sent kentonagbone 3 friend request on steam :S.
author=MajoracanKing
If I do contribute my enemy sprite will be hand drawn/colored and scanned. That is allowed right?

did i accept?
author=kentona
author=MajoracanKing

did i accept?

No you didn't

Not completely sure how steam works yet.... All I can do is hope for the best (or at least that you friend me)

(Thanks Giaks!)

Name:Aklanz
Motive:Works for a group of alien lizard-men, wants to take over the world. Some of his attacks are base on speaking and singing, so muting (silencing) him could help.
Type:Mage
Attack1:paralyze
Attack2:Thunder Voltz
Attack3:Screech
Attack4:Mandate of the skies
Attack5:Summon ally
Attack6: Rhapsody of sorrow
Attack7:Ice Chant
Attack8:Blaze Storm
Special: Song of agony
Special2:Death Ball

I ended up coloring with ms paint

Bigger images are in my locker

I made this all in one day (I found out with very short notice!) I've got some great ideas for games I could make...
author=MajoracanKing
author=kentona
author=MajoracanKing

did i accept?
No you didn't

Not completely sure how steam works yet.... All I can do is hope for the best (or at least that you friend me)
me neither. I ask because I don't seem to see any outstanding friend requests... but it might be because I am not looking at the right spot.
author=kentona
author=MajoracanKing
author=kentona
author=MajoracanKing

did i accept?
No you didn't

me neither. I ask because I don't seem to see any outstanding friend requests... but it might be because I am not looking at the right spot.

My name on steam should be majoracanking or gamer_11233@yahoo.com or gamer_11233
I don't know if this is allowed but.. here's my submission..(If it is not allowed then it's okay, I did this for fun and maybe a chance to win.)

Name: Octhosevil

Origin: It is created by us, through our imagination. Some knows it's there, some don't. It all depends on your mind, whether sane or insane. It is harmless yet harmful..Whether you see it as a threat or not, it's up to you. Decide with your heart, never avoid it as it is always there..whether you sense it or not.

Motive: Unknown

Genre of game: Horror, I'm planning on making a horror game like Ib, Mad father,etc. So this guy is part of the monsters which the player will encounter and the only thing the player can do is to face his/her own darkness.

And that's my entry..(Again if this isn't allowed then please tell me. New to this)

Edit: I had lots of fun editing this so maybe you guys could comment on how it is and how to improve... xD
Majoracanking - np, happy to help.

Fluffpuff - It's good, a little dark...though that could just be my screen settings. To me it looks sorta just like the outline of a red face in the darkness...with some quick curve adjustment the sprite really comes out. I like it.
author=giaks
Fluffpuff - It's good, a little dark...though that could just be my screen settings. To me it looks sorta just like the outline of a red face in the darkness...with some quick curve adjustment the sprite really comes out. I like it.
Thanks, it took me a while to make it look creepy looking. At first, it seemed cute but when I coloured it, it became quite creepy so I decided to make a dark background for it. I could remove the background to let you see better if you want. (I'll edit it into this reply) Sorry for the big image though, I couldn't resize it as the image got too..too..how do I say this..It got too blur that it became pixels and ruined the drawing..(I hope you understand, I can't really find the word to explain it)

Edit: By the way, your drawing looks awesome! I seriously like it. When I first saw it, I thought I wouldn't stand a chance but I decided to give a go anyways. Your drawings look like one from a real RPG game. No doubt. And all the other entries are looking fantastic too! But yours looks cooler in my opinion.

Thanks, it took me a while to make it look creepy looking. At first, it seemed cute but when I coloured it, it became quite creepy so I decided to make a dark background for it. I could remove the background to let you see better if you want. (I'll edit it into this reply) Sorry for the big image though, I couldn't resize it as the image got too..too..how do I say this..It got too blur that it became pixels and ruined the drawing..(I hope you understand, I can't really find the word to explain it)

I completely understand ,the same thing happened to me it took nearly 45 minutes just getting the right size without warping the image to much. It will be worth it to be able to make my own games though (If I win).
okay, submissions are closed! I will be compiling the entries into a poll thread shortly...

Stay tuned!
Pages: first prev 12 last