QUICK QUESTION(S)...

Pages: 1
1: How do you place a character's sprite on the field itself? Like, I want to place one on the field so that when the party/main character touches it; this sprite joins your party. (what is the script and how do I place him on the field?)

2: What is the script for dialogue/dialog? Like, what is the basic script for bringing up dialog in the game.

3: What is the script for making an opening black screen dialogue to tell people about the game before they start? Like, the screen will turn black before the game starts; and bring up a small text message saying something like "Welcome to ____________, the story takes place..." and so on and so forth?

I'm not exactly intelligent when it comes to scripting, and I can't seem to find the information when bringing up the HELP menu with F1.

UPDATE: I also figured out how to set events by the automatic pre-set event scripts for things like shop processing and such, but I don't know about the things above still.
-Press F6 to enter Event mode.
-Select a tile, press Enter to make new Event.
-Select sprite Graphic for event.
-Insert command: Change Party Member... (add new guy)

-Insert command: Show Text...

-Make Hero sprite invisible
-Make a black tile and fill the map with it.
author=Milennin
-Select sprite Graphic for event.
-Insert command: Change Party Member... (add new guy)

-Insert command: Show Text...

-Make Hero sprite invisible
-Make a black tile and fill the map with it.

Thanks, although I'm confused about the last one... that's how you make an opening video where you're like "welcome to _______________." and so on as like an introduction video... hmm, alright, I'll give it a shot. I trust ya...
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
1) That's an event! The trigger sounds like would be "on Hero Touch", and the event command add a party member would be "Change Party Member" using the "Add" operation. The event command in question is located on the first page, second column, first row.

2) The basic event command to show text is called "Show Text". It's located on the the first page, second column, first row of the event commands.

3) Try putting the player start position on an empty, unaltered map. That will give you a black background. To prevent the player sprite from appearing, the easiest way of doing that would be to set the starting party to be empty.

Amount of scripting needed for these suggestions: none!
author=Marrend
1)Amount of scripting needed for these suggestions: none!
Yup, you don't need to know how to script in order to do the three things you wanted. (Power to the almighty event system! Oh, and just wait until you start getting involved with variables, and conditional branches! *o*)
Pages: 1