WHAT ARE SOME AWESOME PS2 GAMES I MIGHT HAVE MISSED?

Pages: first 12 next last
Current gen games bore me now, so i've decided to switch back to PS2. I noticed all the games are really cheap for it too. Like people have yet to realize their worth. It seems like perfect time to purchase gems of the shelves before their prize goes 20x.

so any suggestions?
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I will pre-empt everybody and say Persona 4, which is probably my favorite RPG of all time. However, if you have access to a Vita, you should play the Golden vrrsion on it instead, as it's so good, it makes the original feel incomplete.

Dark Cloud 2 is a close second for me.
Happy
Devil's in the details
If you're looking for RPGs:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Grandia 2
Wild Arms 3
Suikoden V
I missed the entire PS1 and PS2 generation. I probably didn't miss much...
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Here are some recommendations from listal:

PS2
Burnout 3: Takedown
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

All great games.
Shadow Hearts, Chaos Legion, and Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant; my three cents~ :3
author=kentona
only the golden era of jRPGs. So not much... What was this board about again? ;)

oh yea, if you guys know any hidden gems, i'd appreciate it.
Shadow Hearts and Persona are definitely on my to-buy list. Dunno how i missed those years back
Okami
Shadow of the Colossus
Suikoden III (it wasn't as great as II or V but it was still pretty good, if a bit different)

author=0range00
author=kentona
only the golden era of jRPGs. So not much... What was this board about again? ;)

Shadow Hearts and Persona are definitely on my to-buy list. Dunno how i missed those years back
Silver Age at best. The SNES was the golden age.
God Hand
Valkyrie Profile 2 (do not need to play the first to enjoy this, in fact its a prequel)
Odin Sphere
Way of the Samurai
Yakuza
Blood Will Tell (a game where you play as a samurai with swords for hands, enough said)
Anything from SMT, esp Nocturne
Siren if you want more Silent Hill in your memory
Fatal Frame Series
Okage
GunGrave
Shinobi
Sly Cooper Series
Shadow Hearts series
Berzerk (jap only, but interesting if you're a fan)
Zone of the Enders
Drakengard 1 and 2 (3rd one is coming out soon, worth to catch up on this)
Second Sight
Sky Odyssey
SkyGunner
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (I mostly like the ps1 ones, but the ps2 one doesn't get enough credit)
Tekken 5
Mega Man X Command Mission
SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

I didn't play the PS2 a lot, so this was all I could think of, beside the already popular ones. :P
I saw pretty cheap copies of drakengard 1 & 2 and also forbidden siren 2. Those looked tempting...

also i already got SMT Nocturne, The Warriors, RE Outbreak 2, FataƤ Frame 3, King's Field IV, Devil May Cry 3, Megaman X8 and Silent Hill 3 (all are great games if someone's interested)
author=Darken
Okage
Okage: Shadow King; Epic and bizarre at its finest~ :D (I've never seen a more "overshadowed" protagonist xD)
Few more from me:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
Rogue Galaxy
Dot Hack: Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine and the 3 G.U. ones
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Tales of Legendia
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Maximo
Onimusha series
author=kentona
author=0range00
author=kentona

Silver Age at best. The SNES was the golden age.

i was gonna disagree with this but i suppose you're right in that SNES era established many of jRPG formulas that are still more or less unchanged. PS1 era however had jRPG at it's most ambitious state. I'd call it the pinnacle of jRPGs.

PS2 had great games but this era didn't innovate as much, more like all the elements got more refined. Then current gen has jRPGs all over the place lacking a clear dirwction.
I honestly derive more enjoyment from PS2 than the SNES. I guess it's because I played SNES games to death that the PS2/PS1 library is more exciting and yet not devoured by DLC or QTEs of the current gen. As the ps3/360 era fades out, the list of games seem to be very small, bigger budgets, bigger development teams mean more polish less quality and less quantity really. It's no nostalgia trip to suggest that ps3's library is a joke compared to ps2, but uh, I guess there are still gems that the ps3 offers.

JRPG genre currently has pretty much migrated to handhelds save for a few blockbusters but I realize RPGs are just more actiony lately. NieR was pretty much the only current gen RPG I liked while the others get one or two major things wrong and fade into the nether. I guess there was also D Souls, but really those games own their own sub genre of carefully paced combat more than the title of RPG.

Also play Ico if you somehow haven't. SOTC is an easy choice but people usually forget to mention its brother.
i'm a bit overwhelmed over all these suggestions ^_^;

problem is that i forgot my PS2 is a piece of junk with it's neverending disc read error! It can run some games but it's a gamble really to buy a mew one haha.. Maybe i should get a new ps2..
tales of the Abyss... Yeah, that's all that comes to mind cause that's all I have for the PS2 :P
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain!

Whatever happened to Brock Lesnar?

(Went from WWE, to NFL, to UFC, and back to WWE.
Needs to make a clear cut choice.)
God Hand. On the ps store for like 5-10 bucks I believe.
You'll have such a love hate relationship with it.
Pages: first 12 next last