EVERGREENS- CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!

Pages: 1
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Hi Forum, Pashes here,

This is something very experimental I've been working on. I want to present someone with type of 'choose your own adventure' story that I write as they're playing. Of course, I have most of the important charcters, places and plot elements outlined in my head already, so I can present them in such a way to suit the choices the player has made.

A short introduction:

Welcome, stranger, to the city that never dies.
Firmly postet inbetween mountaintops that stood unmoved since the beginning of time,
overlooking ravines and bottemless pits proudly and unafraid,
stands the lone, last host of human civizaltion- the eternal, self-supplying city of Evergreens.

You are Shae √Ādaniel, only a finite speck on an invinite timeline,
a 15 year old orphan in one of the poorest districts of the city, whose parents did not live long enough to leave a mark in her memory.
Life holds little warmth to you and living often seems like a game unfair.
But although your existence is just one possible outcome to the city, I think it may yet contain something unmeasure value.
Perhaps the gods of fate, fortune and the intangible may smile upon you favorably in this lifetime...

Let me clear up how this should work in practice:

- I write a story and present the player with senarios and problems they will have to react to.
- in general, I will give the player basic options to choose from, but there will be many opertunities for creativity from the play. For instance, instead of choosinf from pre-set dialogue options, they will get to choose how they formulate their sentences themselves.
- Additionally, the player can insert commands that I didn't present them with in the first place. Anything that challenges my creativity or my view of the situation at hand is encouraged.
- Explicit language&imagery, suggestive langauge and romance are allowed, as long as it fits within the rules of this forum.
- If everything works out, the story will be created by the player, and narrated by me.

I can't promise that everthing will work out, but if any of you read this far and is willing to give it a shot, please let me know in the comments! The only restrictions are that you can keep relatively consistand in your activity, I can't write the story without you, and that you like reading other people's stuff, because there will be allot of it.
Hi Pashes, I have recently joined this forum and am interested in your 'choose your own adventure' story. I would love to know more about it, for instance how often we have to write and how it will work in practice.

I don't know if I can keep writing often enough, so please keep your options open as for others to join.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Hello Psycho, good question.
There are no rules set in stone about how often you'll have to respond as long as you're the type of person that enjoys coming back here often to read up and think about what you think should happen next, you should be ok.

In practice, all you're required to do is control the protagonist with simple commands like 'introduce yourself'. At the end of every post I'll lay down several possible of such commands to choose from but not only can you choose your characters' dialogue and actions in more detail but I also allow and encourage you to make up commands of yourself to see how the world reacts to it. Get crazy, slap someone in the face randomly and I'll figure out how they react.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
If you still want to host this, you can take a look at some of Gourd_Clae's choose your own adventure stories. His rule was that anyone could take decisions, but no person could go twice in a row. You might want to go with something like that here too. You'd also maybe want to do this in Welp, Welp instead.
PlatinumAshes
I've thought about both those things. They're probably the right way to go, though I'm working on sever other things at the same time now, so it's going to take a while before I get this off the ground anyway. Thanks for the advice though.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Yeah, definitely Welp, welp this. You'll draw a larger audience. Name the topic so people know right away what it is, and definitely keep an inventory in the OP. i've run some, and it can be incredibly tedius trying to remember what was found.
Pages: 1