VX ACE: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SPELL THAT REMOVES AN ENEMY FROM BATTLE?

Pages: 1
So I was looking through my skill list for the heroes, and one idea I have for Dawn (the cleric) is a spell to banish an enemy from the battle.

Granted, this would not work on bosses, but I want to know if a spell like this is even possible.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
I have seen games where bosses are able to remove party members from battle, so, in theory, it should work the other way around as well.
Why don't you just make a skill with 9999 damage, then? Unless I missed the point of your question. :O
Database > Skills > Effects > Add State: Death 100%
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
mawk's right, an instant death spell would pretty much have the same result ... unless you're thinking to make the removal temporary.
This spell would not kill the enemy per se, just remove it permanently from the battle
I think the difference is that by removing the enemy, you don't get any exp.

All I can think of is having the skill calling a common event which in turn calls a script. I don't think this can be accomplished without a script.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
This is pretty simple to script, though. Is this a permanent RFP effect, or just a temporary stasis?
It is removed permanently from the battle like it was a kill, but you get no XP
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need to use a common event likely. I made an enemy skill
in a game that removed party members from the battle. I also
made a skill that just ended the battle (since I can't make
enemies escape with my current scripts.)

Perhaps you could make a skill that made the enemy escape....
You could call it "Scare" or "Intimidate."
author=mawk
Database > Skills > Effects > Add State: Death 100%

For some strange reason, this is not working for me. I was hoping to create an instant death skill for a boss, but no matter what I try, it won't work. The skill activates, it hits an actor, but nothing happens after.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This spell is not an instakill, it just removes an enemy from the battle permanantly
Um...? Insta death would work just as well. Or better yet, create a Banish skill that is the same as instant death. That way, if you're using some sort of popup script, it will display Banish instead of Death.
create a skill that does the same as "flee" and let your cleric skill trigger a common event that forces the enemie to use that skill.
That would be one scriptles way to do it.
Pages: 1