HOW DO YOU CREATE SPRITES?

Pages: 1
I'm curious as to how you create them. Is there a special software you have to download? I would like to try it out. I don't have anything specific I want created, I just would like to see what I can do.
i'm actually curious how u do it too
I'm not exactly an authority on making graphics, but...

For programs, if you scroll down at http://www.rpg-palace.com/utilities.php it has a link to iDraw and Graphics Gale. There's also the GIMP and even Photoshop.

Honestly though, MS Paint should generally work fine. Just zoom in (look up the 10x zoom easter egg if you have XP), find a good tutorial (someone linked www.spriteart.com/tutorials earlier and they looked pretty good), and go. Make sure you have a lot of patience and love.
So you do use paint? I thought so. Thanks, I'll try it now... well after reading the tutorial.
I think photoshop would be one that people would use and you could probably do it in paint if you really wanted to.
Theres three ways to do this. The first is yourself with something like paint and painstakingly build it pixel by pixel(sometimes you gotta cause you cant get what ya want any other way :(.) This is by far the hardest way.
Another is to use something like charas with different sprite pieces that you could put together till you get a sprite of your liking.
And the last would be a program specifically set up to build sprites from scratch, can't think of any offhand.
Using paint isn't hard at all if you are used to spriting. In fact, using other programs, even Photoshop for spriting, is harder for me.
i recommend drawing on idraw or paint. i make my sprites on paint. if you're looking for a program, try chars.ex
Yeah, idraw is a great program to use and is made for that sort of thing.
Pages: 1