MULTIPLE ELEMENTS FOR ONE SKILL?

Pages: 1
I pretty much have all of my skills done for my game, except I need a few skills that have more than one element to them. Is there a script out there that allows one skill to have more than one element to it?
Seriously? You just check more than one elemental attribute box.

That's it.
I'm using VX Ace, though. Sorry, forgot to mention that...-_-
I thought it was still possible on Ace. Something like Effects has attributes or something, and then the skill is a magic attack with both traits. Can't remember since I used Ace like one time before managing to screw up a map with imported XP pictures.

I'll see if I can download and test it, and figure out if there is actually something which can be done about this.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
VX Ace doesn't have the check-box method the other RPG Maker engines use. It's a drop-down box.

If it were me, I'd have a look at the RPG::Skill class, and see see how the element of a skill is implemented.
...Make a new element called Thunder/Ice in the Terms menu.

Make both monsters/characters weak to Ice and to Thunder at least somewhat weak to it (maybe not as weak to it as pure Thunder or Ice, because it's mixed). This would be the best way short of making a custom script (which is only as good/bad as your ability to script).

Hmmm, what you could do is make a skill which connects to a CommonEvent. The CommonEvent then uses the Battle command Force Action, to cast an Ice spell followed by a Thunder spell.

Either of these would be a no script solution.
I'm pretty sure you could get away with doing something in the formula to run a check on enemy resistance to particular elements, but without messing around with it too much I'm not too sure on what that particular formula would look like.
Victor has written a script for this (only for VX Ace). It allows you to set more than one element on a skill (i think it works for items as well).

Take a look here (you also need Victors Base Engine Script - it works with most other scripts that I know):

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/5227-ve-element-set/

hope i could help
author=Malagar
Victor has written a script for this (only for VX Ace). It allows you to set more than one element on a skill (i think it works for items as well).

Take a look here (you also need Victors Base Engine Script - it works with most other scripts that I know):

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/5227-ve-element-set/

hope i could help

Yep, that's the script I ran across! Works perfectly. Thanks, though.
Pages: 1