SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE VS BRAWL.

Pages: first 12 next last
Which one is better?
I personally prefer Melee over Brawl mainly because of all the new useless stuff like tripping, WTF? The game seems strangely more unappealing than Melee, so how do you guys feel about the subject?
Ganondorf has pretty cool moves like
super slam attack that sends link off the cliff ;D
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I still like Melee a lot, but Brawl is definitely better. The whole random trip/fall over thing does get on my nerves, but overall , Brawl is balanced much better than Melee. I'm looking forward to seeing tourneys where everyone doesn't only play as Falco and Marth. And my main got buffed a lot (G&W forever!), so I'm very happy with it.

All in all, Brawl just has too much more to offer than Melee did (stage builder), so the choice is clear for me!

But, I'll still play Melee if offered the chance. Of course, the only characters I can still use effectively are Pichu, Mewtwo, and Roy (i.e. the ones who didn't return and change).
I think both of them are awesome as Melee was the best when it first came out and now with Brawl. Brawl has more characters, moves etc so i would have to say Brawl is better.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I have a feeling brawl's "tiers" will start to really solidify with time, but for now, at least a lot of characters are viable.

In melee, if you're with a group of good players, and you're not marth, shiek, or fox, you're toast :P
Hmmm... Maybe I should try playing Brawl at a different friend's house. 'Cause his TV sucks so bad, it could be that and thus takes the enjoyment out of it. I guess time will truly tell.
The first one is the best. Pikachu owned.

Don't need no Brawls or Melees.
author=harmonic link=topic=1388.msg21245#msg21245 date=1214208182
In melee, if you're with a group of good players, and you're not marth, shiek, or fox, you're toast :P

Real men play Jiggly Puff 8) Rollout motherfucker.
Im gonna go with kentona on this one,
The orignal was by far the best, And with Ness no one can top me.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Cpt Falcon was such a haxor in the original. I nearly sent people to the mental hospital by manhandling them with Falcon and frequently using the "Show me your moves!" taunt.
I prefer Melee, only because I'm much more used to it, but Brawl probably is better in the end. Marth and Sheik (my main two in Melee) are so much worse in Brawl that it hurts me. UGH THE SLOWNESS.
Also, I can barely tell where my character is in Brawl. It seems like everything is a lot smaller and more crowded all the time. And Brawl's gravity is more realistic. Which I don't like. ;-;
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I much prefer Brawl over Melee.
Brawl.

I guess Melee and the original still has that almost classic feel and the fond memories, but as a game Brawl is much better.
author=Euphorian link=topic=1388.msg21307#msg21307 date=1214242530
I prefer Melee, only because I'm much more used to it, but Brawl probably is better in the end. Marth and Sheik (my main two in Melee) are so much worse in Brawl that it hurts me. UGH THE SLOWNESS.
Also, I can barely tell where my character is in Brawl. It seems like everything is a lot smaller and more crowded all the time. And Brawl's gravity is more realistic. Which I don't like. ;-;
See, that's the exact same problem I have...
Thus, I have to get close and crowd the TV.
SO annoying...
I don't know. I remember checking the update for Brawl every day and thinking about it all the time but now that's it out I don't really play it very much. I played Melee much more.
...I miss Captain Falcon...

author=Captain Falcon
FALCON KICK!!!
brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl brawl
author=tsimehC link=topic=1388.msg21340#msg21340 date=1214266926
NO CONTEST! Brawl wins.
Is this because Melee doesn't have Lucas?
author=kentona link=topic=1388.msg21285#msg21285 date=1214235435
The first one is the best.

Also, semi related funny.
Pages: first 12 next last