LOOKING FOR TESTERS

Pages: 1
I am looking for testers to finish a short game I entered in a competition. The engine itself is done, but there are a few stages that require testing from people who haven't already played the same stage 50 times.

What kind of game is it?

The game is mix of various types of games, but it boils down to matching correct
classes to defeat your opponent. Like a "Magian (Mage)" will always defeat an "Amorph (Slime)".

Sounds pretty simple. Why do you need testers for it?

I've essentially played the game to the point where I takes me 2 seconds to set a perfect line against the opponent and because I made it I tend to exploit every weakness there is. At this point I either find a tester or keep going and release a version of the game unplayable to almost everyone.

Oh... So what does the game look like?

Here are a couple of screenshots.

And here is a video of the game in action. Sorry about the quality.

Neat, I'm in! Is there anything else I should know?

I'll be honest. Testing is a mind numbing process that is not for everyone. Sure you might think the game looks pretty in some form, but that is not going to be enough to test it for long periods of time. To test a game like this you really have to enjoy numbers and repetitive mind numbing actions.

So if you think you might enjoy that and a game like the one I'm making let me know by either sending me a PM or posting here. A dropbox account or Skype is a plus to speed up testing.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Actually, the quality of the video seemed fine to me. Seems to be an interesting concept requiring quick thinking and strategy. Too bad I'm currently involved in too many things. Otherwise, I'd offer to help. Good luck getting testers!
Looks and sounds lot like heroes of might and magic. Loved that game and so I would love to test your game. And no I will not quit.... easily, because I love the gameplay of might and magic.
@edchuy:

The video I recorded was much clearer than the one on youtube. For some reason Youtube likes to butcher my videos. And thanks, and good luck with your other endeavors. I recall you tested some stuff for me in the past and you did a pretty good job.

@SaitenHazard:

I have not played might and magic, so I'll have to take your word about the similarities. As for the testing I'll send you about it with the details.
I think you better look it up, might and magic clash of heroes. Its one of those games that have never EVER been done before, although I have not played your game yet, it sounds a lot like COH.

Pages: 1