POKEMON MMO

Pages: first 12 next last
So, Ive been working on a way to make an mmo and when i do figure out how i want to make a Pokemon one. I have some pretty good ideas on how to make it great but i dont have a way to make an MMO, so i've sent an email to Nintendo with the idea and i am currently waiting a respons, i the mean time, what do you guys think of a Pokemon MMO
OMG!!! YOU MADE CONACT WITH NINTENDO?!?!?! Yes I would thnk it would be aweseom! Pwning other people from china with my pokemon... they would be like.. CHING CHONG CHINNY YEN! not to be racist or anything.
Well if Nintendo picks up the idea(people have been lobbying for a 3D Pokemon game for years, even on Nintendo's forums before they were taken down.) It'd be great to have an MMO styled Pokemon but the chance of them doing it outside of a full 3D game is slim due to them making double money off of both pearl/diamond and battle revolution for the same effect so to speak(trade and battle with anyone around the world using the 2 together.)

Either way I'd love to see a full Pokemon MMO could be interesting.
Yeah there used to be a great one called "pokemon crater" but the site seems to be gone now. Anyway, i'll be interested in hearing if you get a reply back from them. I've sent countless emails to nintendo and have been ignored every time.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Wow this thread is terrible for numerous reasons.

1. Why are you emailing Nintendo? They are perfectly capable of making their own games.
2. Nintendo's policy, which most other video game companies share, is to never ever accept any submitted game ideas due to copyright issues and that they usually suck dick anyway.
3. There is no way you could make an MMO.
4. I suggest the thread shifts into something less childish.
author=WIP link=topic=1393.msg21393#msg21393 date=1214286984
Wow this thread is terrible for numerous reasons.

1. Why are you emailing Nintendo? They are perfectly capable of making their own games.
2. Nintendo's policy, which most other video game companies share, is to never ever accept any submitted game ideas due to copyright issues and that they usually suck dick anyway.
3. There is no way you could make an MMO.
4. I suggest the thread shifts into something less childish.

On the contrary there are MMO Making resources out there, but to truly make use of them you need the hardware and basic knowledge of how to set up a server of some type. So it is possible to make an MMO however it would be a lot more difficult then RPG maker. Then to make it base of Pokemon you'd be very limited. As for Nintendo, they can still take the basic idea like and Pokemon mmo and use it without having copyright issues since in itself thats not a game but a simple concept.
author=Koregoth link=topic=1393.msg21398#msg21398 date=1214288094
As for Nintendo, they can still take the basic idea like and Pokemon mmo and use it without having copyright issues since in itself thats not a game but a simple concept.
Hahahaha.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Few people here have the know-how to create a true MMO experience. Just because there are tools out there to make really bad MMO knock-offs, doesn't mean they will make a good game.

And I highly doubt pantsman was the first person to send Nintendo an idea about making a Pokemon MMO. It has been talked about for over a decade now.
author=WIP link=topic=1393.msg21403#msg21403 date=1214288361
Few people here have the know-how to create a true MMO experience. Just because there are tools out there to make really bad MMO knock-offs, doesn't mean they will make a good game.

And I highly doubt pantsman was the first person to send Nintendo an idea about making a Pokemon MMO. It has been talked about for over a decade now.

Very true, you'd think they'd get the hint by now and make the damn game lol...
Nintendo's pretty much sitting on a free goldmine.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Koregoth link=topic=1393.msg21405#msg21405 date=1214288595
You mustn't know how many emails over the past like 10 years that Square-enix have been getting for a Final Fantasy VII remake. Infact it still makes up a big percentage of their emails even today. Companys won't do anything unless it's in the best interest of the company.. Although I think Nintendo are MUCH better then Square, it's still gives off my point.

It's funny a company is aloud to make a Dragonball Z online game and yet a concept that could so easily make for a good online game doesn't even get a chance. Also I'm with WIP but not by saying most of the people here can't make an MMO but ALL the people here wouldn't be able to make an MMO seeing as to have a MASSIVE multiplayer online game you would have had to make an exceptional game.. With money to keep the servers running.
author=Koregoth link=topic=1393.msg21405#msg21405 date=1214288595
author=WIP link=topic=1393.msg21403#msg21403 date=1214288361

Oh well, even if they don't i'll still be happy with the other pokemon games out. I remember sending an email to nintendo when the wii first came out and never got a reply back. They'll most likely never listen to you.
I don't mean to put you down, but the Cease and Desist just haunts my mind. Anyone remember the Chrono Trigger remake. Looked damn good, and it got closed down. :(
I remember finding a pokemon MMO in-development (it might have been the one linked above) where they said that Nintendo gave them permission provided that they didn't make money off of it. They might have been lying through their teeth, but there you go.
WIP
They were. However, most video game companies only send out C&D orders when it might impact their own IP.

That's the reason that Chrono Trigger remake was shut down. Sure it was free and they weren't making any money, but it was a commercialy-viable product.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I honestly think Nintendo is planning this as the big final step for the Pokemon series. They've been milking it for all its worth ever since it was created, and that's the reason why they won't make an MMO out of it...yet.

It makes sense to all the fans, too. Pokemon is perfecty suited for an MMO. Aside from the usual catching, training, trading, and battling with buddies, the possibilities are endless. People could start their own gyms, their own crime syndicates(Team Lulz), their own breeding centers, etc. They could also have an official Pokemon League with a real game-wide tournament open to all qualified trainers.

At this point, the real question is why haven't they done this yet, and I really think it's because of what I said before: they're milking it for everything they can before they do.
Has Nintendo ever even tried an MMO before? That might be part of the reason why they're holding back here.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/07/nintendo-says-no-to-mmos/
WIP
...dude, what the hell did you just say?
sigh... im saying i dont want the regular 2-D look.
Pages: first 12 next last