author=kentona link=topic=1393.msg21486#msg21486 date=1214328704
2D is gold.
2D + animations is platinum.
author=Jabbo link=topic=1393.msg21572#msg21572 date=1214351439
3 > 2, so 3D > 2D. Duh.

Fuck your 3D, 4D is where it's at.

2D is good, 3D can be good, usually if its been 2D first *cough final fantasy*
author=WIP link=topic=1393.msg21393#msg21393 date=1214286984
Wow this thread is terrible for numerous reasons.

1. Why are you emailing Nintendo? They are perfectly capable of making their own games.
2. Nintendo's policy, which most other video game companies share, is to never ever accept any submitted game ideas due to copyright issues and that they usually suck dick anyway.
3. There is no way you could make an MMO.
4. I suggest the thread shifts into something less childish.

1.Not that there incapable, just droping a suggestion

2.they have the copyrights to pokemon, so there'd be no problem

3.i accept your challenge

4.There is nothing childish about pokemon, it will one day rule the world, i promise

Quit centering your posts. It's incredibly annoying.

Also, in the world of electronics, smaller is better, so 2 is better than 3.

I've never played a Polkemans game - what is the point of them? What is the goal? is there some evil guy to fight at the end?
author=kentona link=topic=1393.msg21666#msg21666 date=1214405719

Dude... 1D game. x---o---o------o----o-----o--|

And the point of pokemon is to wander around the world collecting pokemon and fighting everyone you see to level them up. Pretty much everyone loses to you because they don't have any skills or good pokemon, and then at the end you become the world's best trainer by beating the other world's best trainers. No one's really evil, except the crime syndicates, who are noobs anyway. Pokemon = lacking in the whole involved story thing.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
THANK YOU!! And I await this amazing MMO from you Pantsman.. 9? Where are the other 8 of you :P No seriously you can't do it though. I would give you $100 if you managed to successfully make a Massive Multiplayer Online game.
no, its because i always use pantsman9, i didnt think about it, if i could i would change it to just Pantsman, or at least PantsmanIX.

anyways, back to pokemon, i've been doing a lot of reasreach and i have a very small staff(like 5 guys) working on a way to make an mmo. So HA
I'll pay you $100 as well. If you make a fully working Pokemon game with sprites that actually look like something from pokemon, and have all the pokemon from every game, or at least red blue and yellow, I will personally create a paypal account and send you the money. Also, throw in some quests and funny things your character can do. It's not a legit MMO unless you can dance in the middle of the street and go on random quests for some random witch doctor for some random potion he randomly is making. Oh, and good luck actually launching the game while dodging copyright issues. But then again.. nobody really cares anymore.

I've never played a Polkemans game - what is the point of them? What is the goal? is there some evil guy to fight at the end?

DIDN'T YOU HAVE A CHILDHOOD!!!

I remember playing this when i was at school like every day battling and trading in the school yard. It was all great fun till you would get it taken off you.
I'm going to lose some sleep tonight.
I spent my childhood PLAYING OUTSIDE with hockey sticks, soccer balls and wooden swords. I also rule and Hide & Go Seek. Nintendo was for rainy or excessively cold days (-30*C). Never had a gameboy, either.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I`d like to see a MMO Pokemon, however it`ll not happen for years to come. With the heavy addiction of MMO lurking in someone`s life there`s less likelihood they`d buy the next incarnation of Pokemon Orangetinge. It would also cost extrodinary amounts of money to keep the damn thing going; whereas a Pokemon game cart would not.
Also, people are driven to be pricks in any MMO environment, and that wouldn`t sit well in the Pokemon universe so much.
What else...? Well, all and all, I don`t support the idea. In twenty years if I want to blow the dust off Pokemon Online Orangetinge, I won`t be able to. Just like most MMOs. They`re fine for now, suck ass in the long run.
a pokemon mmo? hm...that would be interesting. how are you planning to program it?
Pages: first prev 12 last