RM03 QUESTION

Pages: 1
Hey guys,

so I was wondering, is it possible to take out the "quit game" section from the in-built menu system? Because it actually bothers me that it's there, and It messes up the whole picture.

In the whole RM environment I didn't find anything that would take it out, so I guess I would have to take it out some other ways.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Zeero
Unfortunately in 2k3 the Quit game is one of the few options you can't take out. You can rename it as something else, but you can't remove it (bar some kind of plug-in, I guess, but not sure if there's already one or a new one might be needed.)

Frankly, it's probably a good idea to keep it in anyway because people might want to exit your game and not know the ALT+F4 trick. It's kinda mean to make them stay if they want to leave.
Alternatively you could name it blank. It'll leave the area in the menu longer than just the other commands but unless they choose it, they won't really know it's there bar the longer menu list.
Yeah, there's a DynRPG plugin to replace it with a Switch-based menu.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/13468/

Scroll down to "Quit Switch."

This isn't a perfect solution, but you could make the "quit game" text blank, and then set the quit switch to the value of a switch you won't use. It will still be there, but this would either make the menu refresh when you try to select it, or cancel out of the menu (can't remember).
author=Liberty
Unfortunately in 2k3 the Quit game is one of the few options you can't take out. You can rename it as something else, but you can't remove it (bar some kind of plug-in, I guess, but not sure if there's already one or a new one might be needed.)

Frankly, it's probably a good idea to keep it in anyway because people might want to exit your game and not know the ALT+F4 trick. It's kinda mean to make them stay if they want to leave.
Alternatively you could name it blank. It'll leave the area in the menu longer than just the other commands but unless they choose it, they won't really know it's there bar the longer menu list.

Obviously I would make another way of quitting the game. My original plan was to take out the whole basic menu system, except for the "bag" and "equipment" (because I wrote a custom one). So in my menu there would be like a "bag" section, where you would open the implemented menu you would look only at "items" and "equipment".

author=PepsiOtaku
Yeah, there's a DynRPG plugin to replace it with a Switch-based menu.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/13468/

Scroll down to "Quit Switch."

This isn't a perfect solution, but you could make the "quit game" text blank, and then set the quit switch to the value of a switch you won't use. It will still be there, but this would either make the menu refresh when you try to select it, or cancel out of the menu (canI can 't remember).

So basically, if I got it right: with this plugin I can change the "quit game" to an actual "back" (back to game/continue) option? Actually that would be alright for me, cause now its like "Bag" "Equipment" "Seal" (which is save game), and "quit game".

Well, when you go to "bag" section, I think the last thing you would expect is "quit game".

Gonna check on that plugin, thanks!
Pages: 1