IS AIM DOWN FOR ANYONE ELSE?

Pages: 1
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I've been trying to log on for half an hour and it keeps on rejecting me. I've tried Meebo, Gmail, AIM Express -- I even tried registering for a new screen name and I just can't. ???
I can get on using Gmail... I can't tell you about anything else since Gmail is the only way I can connect here.
Hmm...nope, I can get on. Any recent network changes? What exactly is happening?
well... maybe you need to re-install it?
YDS
Um no. I don't use a program version of AIM here, its all browser-based. After asking around, aZnchipmunk has the same problem, so perhaps its a Northern CA thing.
Who uses AIM anymore, anyway?
YDS
Erm, a lot of folks ... ? I don't even use the program (as I said earlier). I often times alternate between Meebo and Pidgin. Though most of the people on my buddy list are from AIM, so.
author=kentona link=topic=1395.msg21493#msg21493 date=1214330282

Absolutely everyone I know. I understand most people outside of America uses MSN, and people more educated in computers don't really use AIM either but...everyone else still uses AIM.
Oh right. USA is the center of the universe. I keep forgetting that.

I don't know anyone who uses AIM. I use both MSN and Yahoo! Messenger... Y! because that's what we have installed at work.

Actually, I don't use MSN anymore either - except for when WIP or rcholbert messages me.
author=kentona link=topic=1395.msg21498#msg21498 date=1214331350
Oh right. USA is the center of the universe. I keep forgetting that.

I don't know anyone who uses AIM. I use both MSN and Yahoo! Messenger... Y! because that's what we have installed at work.

Actually, I don't use MSN anymore either - except for when WIP or rcholbert messages me.

Well, I don't mean to say that the USA is the center of the universe, that's just where I live, and hell, where a lot of internet activity is centered.

Also kentona, you have to consider; you're a computer programmer, and I imagine that many of the people you know are similar in their computer literacy as well. And on the other end, I'm a college student who really just uses a computer to dick around (and to get things done, I myself am fairly computer literate), and most of my friends are the same. We use AIM simply because that's the default option, to chat with your college friends, talk to girls (if you're a guy, vice versa if you're a girl) and to set up social things in lieu of a phone.

When you just use computers to dick around, as a means to an end, you're satisfied with the default option, you don't really care about what the most optimum instant messaging program is, of all things.
True. A lot of my friends use Pidgin for IM.

And I'm pretty sure that 90% internet is used for Starcraft games in Korea. ;)
AIM is working fine. i think its just your computer.

AIM express lags a lot so i would recommend you actually download the program.
author=kentona link=topic=1395.msg21493#msg21493 date=1214330282

I would but every time i go on nobody is talking.

But yeah, AIM is working for me.
YDS
author=drgn_lord50 link=topic=1395.msg21567#msg21567 date=1214350574

Did you read the above posts? I wasn't the only one who had problems with it. - -
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=1395.msg21671#msg21671 date=1214410844
author=drgn_lord50 link=topic=1395.msg21567#msg21567 date=1214350574

Did you read the above posts? I wasn't the only one who had problems with it. - -
well, ive been on AIM the whole day yesterday and had no problem with it. have you tried logging in today?
YDS
Its been working for me since an hour or two after I made that most.
Pages: 1