PERMANENT BALLOON IN VXACE?

Pages: 1
I could need some help on this one. Its not very difficult but i just cannot come up with a suitable solution for the problem:

My game is a roguelike, so all content is randomly generated. there are also randomly generated towns (although they look more like dungeons - but i cannot change that ATM).

So, there wont be house interiors in the game and the shopkeepers will roam the streets instead. I now need a way to mark them as shopkeepers. Otherwise you have to talk to each of them individually - and with many NPCs on the screen this would be annoying.

I thought about some kind of Permanent Balloon graphic shown above their heads (containing shop signs like Blacksmith sign etc.). Attached you find a simple image from my project (its still quite blank as I am testing this). The lady on the lower left sells potions, so there has to be a way to mark her as "potion shop" for the player to easily regocnize.

Any ideas on this? Thanks!

PS: If someone of you is into "Saba Kans Random Dungeon Generator" and tells me how to enter/exit maps without re-generating them. Then I could do shop interiors and the like, this would make things easier (and better). But it would require further steps (and im not soo good at scripting): Place doors on walltiles, place shop signs above doors etc. etc. (my current solution is just the easiest one I could come up with).

Pages: 1