Pages: 1
Heya guys,

So here's the thing: I wrote a custom menu system a long time ago, but it wasnt really flawless, as sometimes it just "lagged", like, skipped one arrow key, or something like that.
I didn't know what to do, so I changed my 0.1sec wait in the loop for 0.0. Now it's working on my comp, but when I asked a friend to test it, it was lagging on his comp. It applies to the skill select menu as well.

I thought it maybe because I'm loading too much pictures in the same time (I'm writing out stats), but that is not the case, as I checked it, and I only load stat pictures when switching between characters, or opening the menu.

I would include script as well, but since it's quite long.

So I would like to hear some suggestions, that may help, but if nothing works, I'll screen some pictures of the script, as I really want it to be working on every comp.

Thanks in advance,
One of the best ways to get around this is event control. Look through all of you events to see exactly what is running and make sure that everything else is being halted.
Can you tell me a little more about how you built it or send me a version to look at?
Basically there is a toggle switch for onfield events, whenever the menu gets opened, onfield gets turned off, thus making all the onfield events to stop.

Although I might just figured out the problem:

I like to get everything separated, in individual events, because that way it's more visible. But maybe that is the problem here, since every time you move the cursor, the program jumps into a new event, then jumps back.

Gonna test this out now.
Ok, just let me know. With a menu the best way to do it is by Common Events. This makes the code more consistent and is generally easier on the game.
Obviously it is in common events.

I'm doing almost everything in common events. But I actually use individual common events for parts of the menu for easier access and bug fixes. So I'm not piling up everything in one event.

My bad, when I wrote "individual events", I meant "common events".

Anyhow, I need to test it on my friends' comp, because it was working on mine anyways. I'm still not 100 percent sure, but I think this should fix the problem.
Well, regardless... The best of luck and if it doesn't then let me know. :)
Pages: 1