WALKTHROUGHS

Pages: 1
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
While I was sitting pondering to myself I came up with an idea. Do you think a section for walkthroughs would be good. You could hosts contests around it to see who had the better walkthrough it could be downloaded and you could write a walkthrough about popular games or games that are very hard. That was just an idea that popped into my head.

Feel free to discuss.
i like the idea of a walkthrough. i have some RM games that I'm stuck on because I have no idea what to do next.
Mmmmm, yes I support this idea, I'm stuck on a few RM games myself. I don't know about having contests over it though.
Writing a walkthrough is a fun experience, too, and I think more walkthroughs for RM games need to be written.
I would just have a "hints" section added to the games' pages, not full-blown walkthroughs.
It's all fine and dandy that everyone would like to see this, but here's the kicker; who's willing to write a walkthrough?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=gamer link=topic=1410.msg21929#msg21929 date=1214520873
I would just have a "hints" section added to the games' pages, not full-blown walkthroughs.
Funny you mention that...
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1410.msg21930#msg21930 date=1214521019
It's all fine and dandy that everyone would like to see this, but here's the kicker; who's willing to write a walkthrough?

Exactly. More people would be willing to post a short hint about a specific part of a game.
author=WIP link=topic=1410.msg21936#msg21936 date=1214521772
author=gamer link=topic=1410.msg21929#msg21929 date=1214520873
Funny you mention that...

God I want RMN3 so badly. By the by, are you by chance getting rid of the terrible Rate up/Rate down system? Kind of wish the game ratings were decided on reviews where people actually played the game and layed down some stable criticism.
Actually, I was considering writing a walk through for my game, or at least a certain (100 map) dungeon in the middle of it, because so many people get stuck around there (among other places), plus secret things and such.
I've seen other RM games with walkthroughs, but I never really knew what the community thought about such things.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Darken link=topic=1410.msg21945#msg21945 date=1214525140
God I want RMN3 so badly. By the by, are you by chance getting rid of the terrible Rate up/Rate down system? Kind of wish the game ratings were decided on reviews where people actually played the game and layed down some stable criticism.
Yes.
I like the sound of this idea. Perhaps a certain person will have this in RMN3?
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Wow see how an idea can grow! Thanks I didn't think I would get most support.
Yeah, we thought of adding a Help tab to the games page a while ago. We're full of shit ideas in the Admin forums.
I just write my own walkthroughs.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I wrote a walkthrough for one of my games, but in retrospect, it kind of sucks. I'd like to go through again grabbing screenshots and stuff. Make the walkthrough all fancy-like. ::)
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I resolve the need for walkthroughs by leaving my email open for spammers tech support when people get stuck. So far, this has been done by three people.
Pages: 1