BATTLE SYSTEM HELP 2K3

Pages: 1
???I do not know if this is remotely possible in RM2K3, but I hope there is someone who will be able to tell me how to change and/or add battle algorithms. If there is not, then how about a way to set up a system where two different MP bars are used for different skills? Any help would be much appreciated.
i suggest you make a custom battle system if you want to alter the game settings.
You can't change the damage formulas, speed formulas, etc. The closest thing you can do is just make tabs in the battle window to make stuff happen in battle, and that's not really what you're looking for. Two different MP bars isn't possible either in the default battle system.

So yes, if you want to do anything special you have to set up a custom battle system. I think the newer programs are better for custom systems, so if you're really dedicated to it then you might want to look into those. Either way, custom system = a lot of work.
Yeah, what Jabbo said. Couldn't have put it better myself. :P
Thanks, I was afraid of that being the case. In which case I'll upgrade.
The battle system in a game is most of the fun, as far as I'm concerned, so even if I can save time with 2K3's quick scripting, I certainly won't have a better end product.
Pages: 1