HELP: RM2K3 EXECUTES BATTLE COMMAND THAT WAS CANCELLED.

Pages: 1
This glitch must be known. I came across it in Calunio's Polymorphous Perversity. I'll explain how it's manifesting in my game:

During a battle sequence, I select the "Use Item" battle command. This takes me to the Items submenu. I cancel out of this, then select a "Link to Event"-style battle command. Once the "Link to Event" command executes, RM2k3 apparently tries to execute the cancelled "Use Item" command. Whatever happens, I get an error -- "Event script referenced an item that does not exist" -- and then the game crashes. ((In Polymorphous Perversity, I remember the bug didn't crash the game; but it did cause the player to execute two battle commands in one turn, the one unintentional. So I suppose the same is happening in my game.)) I've scoured every referenced script for non-existent items, but I've found nothing amiss. I get this glitch whether the "Use Item" menu contains no items, unusable items, or useful items. The game always crashes.

What gives? Anybody seen this? Anybody solved this?

Thanks.

E/S
It's been seen before. Not sure if there's a fix, but I would recommend not doing it.
Cherry made a fix for that be sure to thank him ;) (only vor 2k3 v1.08)

There you goooo!
author=Liberty
It's been seen before. Not sure if there's a fix, but I would recommend not doing it.

You mean you'd recommend not using the fix MarcL linked below? I've just tried it, and it certainly solves the issue.

author=MarcL
Cherry made a fix for that be sure to thank him ;) (only vor 2k3 v1.08)

Thanks! And thanks, Cherry, wherever you are.

E/S
Ah, no, I meant that if you know an issue happens when you do something and can't find a fix, don't keep doing the same thing. ;p
I was being a smart-ass. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding.

By all means, use Cherry's plug-in. They're super reliable and apparently help out a lot!
Pages: 1