HOW POWERFUL IS THE YOUR PC

Pages: first 12 next last
what how powerful are the parts do you guy have in your gaming pcs
I have an AMD FX6300 (6 cores) with a run-of-the-mill Gigabit motherboard, 8GB RAM, 120gb SSD + 500gb SATA HD + 2TB external drive, XFX AMD Radeon 7770 1gb videocard, Windows 7 Pro, 650w Rosehill PS.

I can play all of my games on good settings. I have an old monitor that can only go up to 1280x1024 so I am limited by that, but it suffices. I can run my games at that resolution at high or very high settings. My next upgrade I plan on getting a newer monitor with 1920xWhatever resolution. I only have room for one monitor on my desk at the moment.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
My work and personally notebook have Ivy Bridge (i5 for both, I think) with 4 GBs RAM and integrated graphics, which ought to be OK to play most of RMN's games.

I'll probably want to have whatever AMD comes up next (early next year they'll release next generation APUs) either in laptop or destop form (at least 6GB RAM and whatever integrated graphics come with them). It depends on what kind LED/LCD TV (definitely has to be 1080p, at least) I get first, probably, which I think will come Superbowl time or earlier, depending on what kind of deals I manage to get. Said TV will double as computer monitor.
It can bench about 400 pounds with sleeves.
specs ;w;

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.4 GHZ
ASUS PH861-MLE USB 3.0 BOARD
2X4 GB KINGSTON DDR3 MEMORY
1 TB WD GREEN SATA HARD DISK DRIVE
LITE-ON DVD WRITER
K1 POWERLOGIC ATX CASE/APOLLO UPS 550
SAMSUNG 18.5 S19B300 LED MONITOR
LOGITECH MK220 MEDIA KEYBOARD+MOUSE
2 GB INNO3D GTX 660 DDR5
COUGAR 700 N 80+ POWER SUPPLY
2 Terabytes of hard drive and 16 GB Ram.

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
The my PC has a malfunctioning battery and is bloated with spyware that I can't be bothered to get rid of.

It has also got a Pentium Dual-Core CPU (@2.20 GHz), 3.00 GB RAM, 320 GB worth of hard disk space, a surprisingly decent ATI Radeon HD 4570 dedicated graphics card (512 MB) and 64-bit Windows 7 (I tried 8 for like a month before downgrading, because pretty much nothing - RM included - worked on it).
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
i7-2600K OC'd to 4.0 GHz

Gigabyte GTX660 Windforce OC edition

8GB 1333 Mhz RAM

~120GB SSD (for OS)

2TB HDD (one at 7200RPM , the other at 5200RPM ) + 1TB external HDD

500W PSU

CoolerMaster HAF 912 case

Kinovo Bluetooth USB device

A wiimote, ps3 controller, USB snes controller for emulation

A Dell monitor @ 1080p (sometimes I make it go to 2560x1440 for prettier graphics)

Some kind of optical drive that I hardly use

Waiting on my cherry red mechanical kb and my laser mouse for christmas presents :I
4 GB RAM
2.20 GHz Intel Dual Core
NVIDIA ION
581 GB hard-drive (dual-drive technically, 68 GB on my default and 513 GB on my other one. I obviously put all my games on that one whereas I put all the important shit on my default)

What kinda pisses me off is that when I bought it back in 2011, I wanted a 9000 series NVIDIA card, but they mixed it up and I got an ION instead, which is as powerful as a 7900 at best. Better than nothing, but it still kinda frustrates me since I have to run alot of newer games at med-low settings.
Homework Salesman murdered mine. Literally. It took 10 god damn minutes just to get task manager to open and another 20 to kill the game, and that's just for opening the game.
1.60 GHz
3.00GB
32 Bit OP System.
596GB harddrive.
3.4 GHz AMD Phenom II x6 Black
12 GB DDR3 1066 Ram
Dual Zotac AMP! Overclocked NVidia GTX 550 ti (1GB) GPUs in SLI
64+32 GB SSDs in RAID0 for OS and programs
160 GB 7400 RPM HDD (16 MB cache) for data
SB Audigy 2 Pro sound card (7.1 surround) with a built-in soundfont rom.
USB 3.0, too.

Arch Linux, 64-bit all the way.
Except that I also have Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit on it. For all the Windows-stuff it can do, there really is no way to do Silverlight > 2.0 on Linux.

In retrospect, I would have bought NVidia GTX 460s. Or even just a single 460. It was better than the 550 for a similar price.
author=UPRC
Mine's dead.

... :(

how powerful was your pc before it died and if you got a new pc how powerful would you want it just a normal pc or a mid to high end gaming pc
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
12 GB Ram (enough slots for 28)
500 GB harddrive 1 TB external
Pentium I3
Windows XP 64 Corporate
Maybe not the baddest box on the table, but..."She's fast enough for you, old man." --Han Solo
16 GB Mem ( 8 GB stick of G.SKill Ripjaws and then some other 8 GB stick I got for free)
IntelCore i7-3770K CPU
3 TB HD
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 MOBO
VGA EVGA|GTX680 Classified 4GB Vid Card

I spent quite a lot on my build though since I bought it for work / graduation present to myself since I usually don't get gifts.
The my pc is so powerful. Such, such power that literally cannot be contained. Literally in that the case is currently broken because stuff is spewing out. If I posted it's stats here it would overwhelm the servers and that would be no good now would it?

Intel ATOM yes ATOM like the bomb that's

10.1 inch screen oh yes that .1 makes all the difference 10 inches of whopping screen

1 gig of ram but mysteriously the ram slot is EMPTY and I have yet to discover WHY

An entire 80 gigabytes of hard disk space

And best of all, no battery and it is oh it IS a laptop. It is so powerful it has no NEED for battery.
New computer, cheaped out a bit because I needed to be able to AFFORD something. Here are the essentials:

Intel Core i3-4130 Haswell Dual Core 3.4GHz
8 gigabytes DDR3 RAM
1 terabyte SATA3 internal HD
NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB GDDR5
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=KadyCandy
Homework Salesman murdered mine. Literally. It took 10 god damn minutes just to get task manager to open and another 20 to kill the game, and that's just for opening the game.
1.60 GHz
3.00GB
32 Bit OP System.
596GB harddrive.

You seem to have okay memory. It sound's like you have some pretty nasty configuration errors. Unless you were trying to play a game that required 3 gigs of memory or more (that could cause an issue with 3 gigs of RAM. MINIMUM is the operative word when they say minimum requirement. It literally means, "It will run with this much memory, but seriously, dude, you need more.")

Other than that, maybe upgrade your processor? 1.60 GHz is a little outdated, but I couldn't imagine it having THAT much lag, and good memory takes a lot of strain off of the processor.
Yeah when talking about that kind of heavy lag things haven't changed that much in a few years for that to happen, your problems are highly unlikely to be due to your hardware.
Pages: first 12 next last