"INVALID IMAGE SIZE" MESSAGE IN RM2K3

Pages: 1
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
this likely sounds really dumb, but according To the help file pictures in rm2k3 are "1 to 640 X 1 to 640," which i read as meaning the max size is 640X640, but when i put a picture of say 480x 640, it says it's invalid. Could the FILE size be too big?
Hi BurningTyger,

Do you mean, to display a picture? RPG Maker 2003 has a built-in limiter which will not allow users to Import pictures above a certain size. If you can't Import your 480 x 640 picture, it may be a typo in the English translation help file.

But it doesn't matter. Simply place your needed picture into the Pictures folder. You will be able to access it there. Don't use the Import function.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
OH, BIG pain in the patoot here. What you have to do is (if you don't have Photoshop), get a program like Gimp or GraphicsGale (I really prefer GraphicsGale). The problem is that in RM2K3, you have to save your images in 8bpps (it's not talking about the area the picture takes up, it's talking about the size of the pixels), and Paint doesn't do that (it likes to save in 24bpps, otherwise known as true color). Any larger format and it won't work.

What you CAN do with Paint that works for me with facechips and Charasets, is can take the image you want paste it into a set that RM2K3 already recognizes (make sure to change your file name) and then it will work there. With Chipsets, though, unless you have a program that will let you save in 8bpps, you're looking at a neverending headache.

Getting GraphicsGale and making sure you save your files in 8bpps will get rid of this nightmare.
I doubt the problem is the size, like the guys above me said.
One of my pictures is 2560x240 and can be shown and moved without any problem.
It's the colours. Someone messed up the translation. It's the colour depth that's the issue. Change it to 256 colous/8 Bit and it should work.

If it doesn't, you might not have chosen the picture folder. You have to pick the particular folder you want to import into and if it's not the right size for that folders' contents you might get a similar message. For example, if you just imported a faceset and then go to import an image but don't change the receiving folder, it will look at the dimensions of the image, deduce it isn't the right size for a faceset and then show an error message.
BurningTyger
Thanks. I usually use the RIOT plugin'[s "Optimal 256 colors" setting for my color conversion,but i may have flubbed it somehow -no, it's 256s colors. This may also apply to the picture I gave GourdClae, so I'm going to check that too. I have GIMP and Irfanview with RIOT plugin, so.. I may rescan the item. I don't quite understand the bit about BPPS exactly, but .. I'm sure i can figure it out.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
BPPs (BPP plural) Bits Per Pixel 8 bpp is also 256 color
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Despite the help file, I have a 280x884 pixel image that I used in my own RM2K3 game without any problems. Can you upload the pic to your locker and link it here?

Does it give you the error when you try to import the picture, or when you try to make an event that shows the picture, or when you play the game and actually get to that event?

If it gives you the error when you try to import the picture, do like Zachary_Braun said: Simply place your needed picture into the Pictures folder.
BurningTyger
author=LockeZ
Despite the help file, I have a 280x884 pixel image that I used in my own RM2K3 game without any problems. Can you upload the pic to your locker and link it here?

Does it give you the error when you try to import the picture, or when you try to make an event that shows the picture, or when you play the game and actually get to that event?

If it gives you the error when you try to import the picture, do like Zachary_Braun said: Simply place your needed picture into the Pictures folder.
) I'll try that last, as it's an import problem.

Now to deal with the clothes...
Pages: 1